1.    #1  
    So my question is this: Have any of you switched or upgraded to the new HTC EVO 4G from Sprint? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PHONE! The biggest turnon for me is the HUGE DISPLAY and next, but NOT LEAST, the 1Ghz Snap Dragon Processor!!!!!!!!!!! This phone is super fast and is by far the coolest phone I've ever owned, BUT.... I have my Pre on standby just incase I lose this one or something.

NOW FOR THE GIST OF THIS POST!

I would be extremely happy if something happened and were possible for me to have WebOs on this BEASTLY-COMPUTER-of-a-CELL-PHONE! The size and view space is incredible and like I said, the CPU and all around power of this thing is just breath taking!

So, in close, have any of you switched? Do you miss your Pre? And if you could, WOULD YOU port WebOs to your Evo?

Android is nice, but I think I like WebOs better.........
    Keep Brewing All Ye Homebrew Underground!
    I'm psychic, I can see this thread..yes, I can see it clearly in the future. Wait...it's not on the Palm Pre section, but instead it's in the Cross-Platform section instead. Oh and for on topic, yeah, I too have Evo but LOOOVE webOS more as an OS, it just need the speed like what the Evo has. I do use them both together though, can't get rid of my Pre.
    Lupe, you are simply amazing at seeing these things
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    1. yes

2. H**l No

3. No
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Lupe, you are simply amazing at seeing these things
    I saw this but I didn't know you all would work that fast!! Don't you guys sleep! lol
    I used it at the store. Its big, nice and fast... but the OS isnt the best... WebOS should have been on that phone hehe... but I do like the live-moving background....

Is it possible for WebOS to have live-moving background?
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    I to have moved from the Pre to the new EVo! I LOVE LOVe LOVE the phone. No complaints at all. I have heard people complain about the sheer size of the EVO, but I dont understand why a cellphone must be small to be a good phone. I Loved my Pre and got a lot of people to switch to it, but I admit I got to a point of sheer frustration with the problems the Pre was having. I have gone through 4 Pre's and my husband is on number 3 and has now switched to the Evo also. Yes i loved WEBOS, i wish it were on all phones but I also am enjoying my first android phone. I will admit that I was afraid to get an android phone after all I had read about them here on Precentral but I have not had any problems. I was a huge Palm supporter and was very disappointed at all the problems that I had to deal with. I also love the huge screen on the Evo, the processor is so fast I cant even blink. I am happy with my choice but I miss very few things from the Pre, I believe that most people miss something when they switch cellphones. To anyone who was told anything bad about the EVO ignore it, its a great piece of hardware. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
    To those who have switched - go in peace - but please just go!
    “Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.” - Satchel Paige
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    The entertainment factor for those attempting to make the Pre relevant is wayyyy to good to leave alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    The entertainment factor for those attempting to make the Pre relevant is wayyyy to good to leave alone.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I own both, and I think they are both great phnes. I still think webos is the the most elegant of the mobile OS' available, but you can't argue with the EVO's hardware, and since I live in a 4G market, it realy comes in handy. One weekend at the beach house, with all friends connected to the internet through my EVO and suddenly everyone wanted one. My wife plans to trade her PRE for an EVO soon, but I will keep both my Pre and my EVO, until HP/Palm release new hardware on sprint.
    The perfect mobile setup for me when travelling now is my IPAD and Evo working together....life is a breeze with those babies!
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Why have a cross-platform section if we can't stay and talk about other platforms?
    The HTC evo is a great phone but missing a key feature: physical keyboard. Without it I wont even look at it much more then playing/fixing my moms or brothers HTC evo. Would I use it if it had webOS and a keyboard? Yes, I would drive to sprint as fast as my jeep would take me and buy one.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    The HTC evo is a great phone but missing a key feature: physical keyboard. Without it I wont even look at it much more then playing/fixing my moms or brothers HTC evo. Would I use it if it had webOS and a keyboard? Yes, I would drive to sprint as fast as my jeep would take me and buy one.
    Check out the Samsung Epic (Galaxy S Pro).

It's supposed to be coming to Sprint within the next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Check out the Samsung Epic (Galaxy S Pro).

It's supposed to be coming to Sprint within the next month.
    Like I said in the other thread it will be tough to resist and hold out for palm once this hits the shelves.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    im switching tomorrow for the evo 3d