Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    if apple does this right, and fully explains the problem, then goes above and beyond to make amends with those affected, they could really win me over, not to at&t but to a future iphone perhaps. I could forgive some of the shortcommings in apple products if they stand behind there products 100% not just with PRPRPR $but$ $with$ $. $That$ $might$ $actually$ $get$ $my$ $attention$.
  2.    #3  
    Can't say I disagree. I would be glad to see them put this issue to rest.
    I'm beginning to think this is some straight forward thing like the manufacturer didn't put the coating on the antenna on a few batches. Perhaps they found out on the white model, and didn't catch the black phones in there testing before they were shipped to carriers.

obviously speculation, but that's the fun of a forum.
    IMO-

Whatever Apple does, wil lbe good for Apple, first, last and foremost; if the consumer happens to benefit, thats an added plus.

To date, Apple hasnt made a product, ever, that made me want or even think I needed it. I dont buy into the "gotta have what everyone else says is great" symdrome.. never did, and never will.

Having that mentality has saved me lots of money, tons of aggravation, and allowed me to learn so much more about other ways things can get done, and alternative products to the so called "industry leader" that provide more of what I want or need, more oten than not.

But, my mind is NOT closed. If they ever come out with something that I think will make a difference and is cost effective, Id buy it in a heartbeat.. I dont care who makes it.

Friday should be interesting, for sure.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Yes, good if they try to turn this around.
    But I wouldn't call this stepping up to make it right.
    Just call me Berd.
    Nothing apple does or says on Friday will satisfy their most fervent critics. Certainly not the critics on precentral. Critics will say that they should or could have said or done more. Nothing wrong with that...just a fact of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Nothing apple does or says on Friday will satisfy their most fervent critics. Certainly not the critics on precentral. Critics will say that they should or could have said or done more. Nothing wrong with that...just a fact of life.
    You speak for "the critics on precentral".... Interesting...
    Honestly, I hoping for Jobs to come out, tell everyone to shut up and hold the phone the "right" way and flip the bird Johnny Cash style.
    So, my understanding of this is that all of the iPhone 4s have an issue where if you hold them in a certain way, they lose some of the signal. Now, for most this isn't an issue, because the signal is still strong enough anyway. If you're in a low signal area, it might be an issue, but generally it won't be.

The big problem on Apple's side is PRPRPR. $This$ $is$ $the$ $first$ $time$ $they$'$ve$ $really$ $been$ $on$ $the$ $wrong$ $side$ $of$ $public$ $opinion$ $in$ $a$ $long$ $time$, $and$ $I$'$m$ $sure$ $Steve$ $Jobs$ $is$ $steaming$ $about$ $it$.

In other words, I don't expect any real solution. I'd expect some sort of grand gesture, to stop the stories about it. A free bumper case to all iPhone users who register with Apple, or something along those lines, is probably the only real thing they'll do to combat it. Maybe if they're feeling really generous (or want to seem that way) they'll throw in a certain amount of credit towards iPhone apps.

The bigger issue than the actual antenna problem was Steve Jobs' "don't hold it that way then" and the bigger the gesture they make, the faster the media will get back to praising everything they do, whether it 'fixes' the antenna issue or not.
    Hparsons, I don't speak for the Apple critics on Precentral - it's just that their actions/atitude towards Apple is so predictable. We'll see what happens on Friday.
    So... Friday is going to be Steve's "final statement"? I'm not expecting a solution to the antenna problems. You see, the antenna issue and the following media storm are Steve's final test for us all. On Friday, he is going to come out and rapture all the true Apple faithful.

The rest of us will be stuck in this hellish world full of faulty iphones... Repent while you still can!

12.    #13  
    Hparsons, I don't speak for the Apple critics on Precentral - it's just that their actions/atitude towards Apple is so predictable. We'll see what happens on Friday.
    Yep that's us, typical naive precentral members. The whole lot of us.
    Well speak for yourself (and not for the others) - as I did not call anyone naive.
    I believe that it would have been better for Apple to have acted sooner and been more honest. Friday will tell if they do decide to 'fess up.
    Flamer!
    sorry...had to go there
    cool more smartphone drama!....i swear this is better than the movies!
    Waitaminnit. You say you don't speak for the, yet you did. Right up there a few posts ago. You may be right (though I don't think so), but right or wrong, you did speak for them.
    Trying to predict what someone might do or say is NOT the samething as speaking for that person. Why would it be? You're confusing me.
    Trying to predict what someone might do or say is NOT the samething as speaking for that person. Why would it be? You're confusing me.
    Except you didn't "try to predict", you said it was "a fact of life"...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast