Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    So what? I'm allowed to state my opinion (as you are too). That still does not mean I'm speaking for anyone but myself. How can this be so unclear??
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    So what? I'm allowed to state my opinion (as you are too). That still does not mean I'm speaking for anyone but myself. How can this be so unclear??
    Fact != opinion

    Words have meaning. How can that be so unclear.

    But, I do understand now, or at least I think I do. Your prediction is that Jobs comments today wont' be enough for the Apple critics on Precentral. Not that it's a fact, but that it's your opinion.

    I suspect you're going to be wrong. I suspect there's at least one that will probably accept whatever he says and move on.

    But, the fandom is fun to watch, no matter which side said fan is rooting for. Just an opinion.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    IMO-

    Whatever Apple does, wil lbe good for Apple, first, last and foremost; if the consumer happens to benefit, thats an added plus.

    To date, Apple hasnt made a product, ever, that made me want or even think I needed it. I dont buy into the "gotta have what everyone else says is great" symdrome.. never did, and never will.

    Having that mentality has saved me lots of money, tons of aggravation, and allowed me to learn so much more about other ways things can get done, and alternative products to the so called "industry leader" that provide more of what I want or need, more oten than not.

    But, my mind is NOT closed. If they ever come out with something that I think will make a difference and is cost effective, Id buy it in a heartbeat.. I dont care who makes it.

    Friday should be interesting, for sure.
    im just like you
  4. #24  
    OK, it looks as if Jobs is going to do what is expected - give free cases. And I really don't think one could expect more than that; however there is an irony here.

    • Folks, look we redesigned the phone and made the antenna external. It made the phone much thinner, and sleeker looking. It really adds to the "cool" factor.
    • But Mr Jobs, it makes the phone cut out and drop calls.
    • Call me Steve. Look the dropped calls only affect a very small percentage of users
    • But Mr Jobs, I'm one of those users, and it happens to me a lot. I'm left handed, and every time I talk to my wife, I grip the phone too hard, and the calls drop. I really tried to consider that a feature, except she's beginning to get mad at me.
    • Seriously, call me Steve. I hate formalities. Look, you're just the type of person we're helping today. We're going to give you a free bumper, or something similar if we can't make enough to meet the demand.
    • Why OK Steve, thanks that's encouraging. But look Steve, I have a couple of problems with that. First of all, if it's such a small problem, why would Apple run out of bumpers? Secondly, and more importantly Steve, won't that bumper thing totally defeat the whole purpose of the external antenna, and make it bulky, ugly, and well... uncool?
    • Call me Mr Jobs, if you don't mind...

    Yeah, stoking the flames...
  5. #25  
    Well, it's not even left-handed people, really. About half the right-handed people who responded in my Pre poll hold the phone primarily in their left hand, myself included.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, it's not even left-handed people, really. About half the right-handed people who responded in my Pre poll hold the phone primarily in their left hand, myself included.
    Not to mention that people don't only use their right or left hand on calls. I constantly switch between the two on longer calls.

    Either way, I guess if I were an iphone customer I would be satisfied now. They offered free cases which is all anyone wanted anyways. My only comment is that they coulda done this a week ago and sidestepped the whole issue.
  7. #27  
    From Engadget's liveblog (Apple to give away free cases to iPhone 4 users -- Engadget), a question/comment about the BlackBerry test Apple was showing:

    10:41AM Q: I can't get my Bold to drop right now, maybe you can show me how to do it?
    Steve: You may not see it in certain areas.

    Almost sound like they deliberately do that test in where AT&T's signal dodgy, watch it drop and blame the hand...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Almost sound like they deliberately do that test in where AT&T's signal dodgy, watch it drop and blame the hand...

    So you accept that for BB its being done in an area where ATT is dodgy-- and that is understandable to you -- but when defenders say that the iPhone glitch shows up only in areas where ATT is dodgy, you don't?


    So which is it: if the ATT signal is dodgy, do you or do you not accept a smartphone having a weaker signal?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    From Engadget's liveblog (Apple to give away free cases to iPhone 4 users -- Engadget), a question/comment about the BlackBerry test Apple was showing:

    10:41AM Q: I can't get my Bold to drop right now, maybe you can show me how to do it?
    Steve: You may not see it in certain areas.

    Almost sound like they deliberately do that test in where AT&T's signal dodgy, watch it drop and blame the hand...
    Of course they did, and they have been clear about that in decribing the "fix" they just released. The problem isn't really a problem in areas with great coverage. If you stand next to a tower, the signal is strong enough to work no matter how tightly you grip the phone. The point was that they found the problem manifests itself where signal strength isn't perfect, and the "bug" meant that people thought they had a perfect signal when they didn't.

    Long story short, they were deliberate and clear about that. Not a surprise.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    So you accept that for BB its being done in an area where ATT is dodgy-- and that is understandable to you -- but when defenders say that the iPhone glitch shows up only in areas where ATT is dodgy, you don't?


    So which is it: if the ATT signal is dodgy, do you or do you not accept a smartphone having a weaker signal?
    You're cutting up my post to make your point.

    If you read my entire post, it is about a question posed, and a question answered, and the IMPRESSION it is giving.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You're cutting up my post to make your point.

    If you read my entire post, it is about a question posed, and a question answered, and the IMPRESSION it is giving.
    Okay. So who are you faulting here: Apple, BB or ATT (or some combination) and why?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Fact != opinion

    Words have meaning. How can that be so unclear.

    But, I do understand now, or at least I think I do. Your prediction is that Jobs comments today wont' be enough for the Apple critics on Precentral. Not that it's a fact, but that it's your opinion.

    I suspect you're going to be wrong. I suspect there's at least one that will probably accept whatever he says and move on.

    But, the fandom is fun to watch, no matter which side said fan is rooting for. Just an opinion.
    Well, it is painful for me to type these words... I think Apple did well, and this is now a dead issue.

    I was worried when they started off telling us "everyone has this problem" and how there weren't many complaints, etc. But then he shared actual numbers, etc. That's what impressed me the most. They published actual numbers. The numbers were easy to spin, of course. But real numbers that are never published - like dropped calls.

    That showed some stones.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Okay. So who are you faulting here: Apple, BB or ATT (or some combination) and why?
    That's part of the discussion. What do YOU think?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Fact != opinion

    Words have meaning. How can that be so unclear.

    But, I do understand now, or at least I think I do. Your prediction is that Jobs comments today wont' be enough for the Apple critics on Precentral. Not that it's a fact, but that it's your opinion.

    I suspect you're going to be wrong. I suspect there's at least one that will probably accept whatever he says and move on.

    But, the fandom is fun to watch, no matter which side said fan is rooting for. Just an opinion.
    Whether what I said is a fact or opinion makes no difference (but a good way for you to change the topic).

    You misrepresented what I said and lied. I never said I spoke for Apple critics and even when I clarified that, you continue(d) to insist that I did or my words implied it. So you've mispresented my intent and lied about my statements.

    But if it makes you feel better - you 'win.'
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Whether what I said is a fact or opinion makes no difference (but a good way for you to change the topic).

    You misrepresented what I said and lied. I never said I spoke for Apple critics and even when I clarified that, you continue(d) to insist that I did or my words implied it. So you've mispresented my intent and lied about my statements.

    But if it makes you feel better - you 'win.'
    No, there was no lie. You can't claim something is fact, when it's an opinion.

    If you say "it's a fact that users are going to say something". You are speaking for them.

    If you say it's your opinion that they are going to do something, different story.

    There was no "lie" here, just a bit of oversensitivity. Note, I wasn't the only one that noticed what you were saying about Apple critics on here.

    It's also worth noting, even your opinion was incorrect. There have been several positive comments about Jobs' press conference, even from Apple critics here on PreCentral.

    Gotta turn that sensitivity meter down a tad...
  16. #36  
    topic changer - you win.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    topic changer - you win.
    lol. hparsons needs a playmate from the looks of the cross-platform forums the past couple days!
  18. #38  
    What was the topic...??? Ahhh yes, Apple, and Jobs' statements. Pardon me for "switching" it from RM's opinons about Apple critics to ... hmmm.... Oh yeah, RM's opinions on Apple critics.

    Wait.... huh?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Well, it is painful for me to type these words... I think Apple did well, and this is now a dead issue.

    I was worried when they started off telling us "everyone has this problem" and how there weren't many complaints, etc. But then he shared actual numbers, etc. That's what impressed me the most. They published actual numbers. The numbers were easy to spin, of course. But real numbers that are never published - like dropped calls.

    That showed some stones.
    I think you need to look at those numbers (which were undoubtedly massaged, as all companies do) again.

    The iPhone4 has a higher rate of dropped calls than the 3GS.

    The 3GS is notorious as having the worst dropped call rate of any smartphone pretty much ever.

    They completely redesigned the antenna to fix the 3GS's problems, and by their own admission, it is WORSE.

    And yet they spin that as showing that their really isn't a problem. "Look, it's only a teensy bit worse than our previously awful performance! No biggie!"
  20. #40  
    @Idontwant2know

    all true, and true for all phone makers. True, but it isn't news...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions