1.    #1  
    One of the reason why i love my palm pre so much and haven't switched to another device is because of the youtube app. When you watch any youtube video on the webos it automatically plays it in HQ over 3G(on sprint's network anyway. Not too sure about at&t / verizon). I was in the apple store playing with the iphone 4 and was watching youtube videos over 3g and EVERY single video played in Low quality and was almost unwatchable compared to my pre. There was no option to put it into HQ mode. I found out that the iphones only plays youtube videos in HQ if you're using Wifi. That's so ridiculous.

Android's youtube app is also lacking. I've used the evo for almost month and if you were using 3g you had to manually click the HQ button on every video you wanted to watch and even then it would take at least 30 secs to load (webos loads much quicker and you don't have to click HQ every time). The HQ version only automatically plays when it's over 4g or wifi.

Okay i'll admit that Webos Youtube app is still lacking over Androids and iOS
    1. Can't view comments
    2. Can't log into you youtube account and view subscription
    3. No support for subtitles on certain videos

I sure hope palm update the youtube app soon and add a few more features, but the fact that only the webos youtube app can play videos in HQ over 3g automatically is amazing.
    Palm Pre + user here on ATT and it automatically plays vids in HQ for me as well. Pretty awesome. My wife commented on this as well. I was showing her a vid on youtube on my phone but it kept buffering due to reception so she said that she was going to watch it on her iphone cuz she had full bars and immediately said how crappy her video looked in comparison to mine. To be honest, my Blackberry Curve's youtube video was just as worst than the iphone....bad quality and had black bars on all sides of the screen.
    you can log in and view comments from the browser. There is a patch to copy the video url from the app so you can paste it in to the browser. Not perfect, but a work around until palm updates the app.
    I haven't tried it out, but youtube supposedly revamped their mobile site. Some say it's better than some mobile apps:

YouTube Revamps Mobile Experience [PICS]
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I haven't tried it out, but youtube supposedly revamped their mobile site. Some say it's better than some mobile apps:
    Yeah, that new mobile youtube page doesn't work for us webOS users. We are always ignored by google.
    Quote Originally Posted by kennif88 View Post
    I sure hope palm update the youtube app soon and add a few more features,
    as far as i know all google apps are by google and that's why a year on they still suck. If this is really just palm's ineptness in not updating a whole year in someone please let me know.

as i test drove an evo i thought it was very interesting how many options there where there for things like the camera. you could crop (i think) sepia, black and white. choose the save format, the resolution. And for my tastes, as elegant as webos is in theory, i can't believe they haven't fully developed features like that. Like why can't it handle contact images from gmail accounts w/o ruining them? And the music player is so half assed it's ridiculous. Clearly they don't think these are a big deal but for me they where the very very first things i checked when i bought the phone. i just figured they'd update it cause it was so obvious. I guess not high on their priority list.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    as far as i know all google apps are by google and that's why a year on they still suck. If this is really just palm's ineptness in not updating a whole year in someone please let me know.

as i test drove an evo i thought it was very interesting how many options there where there for things like the camera. you could crop (i think) sepia, black and white. choose the save format, the resolution. And for my tastes, as elegant as webos is in theory, i can't believe they haven't fully developed features like that. Like why can't it handle contact images from gmail accounts w/o ruining them? And the music player is so half assed it's ridiculous. Clearly they don't think these are a big deal but for me they where the very very first things i checked when i bought the phone. i just figured they'd update it cause it was so obvious. I guess not high on their priority list.
    This is exactly why I had to move on to the EVO. webOS is nice to navigate... but there are just waaaay too many features missing, when compared to the EVO (and Android). Android is not perfect but it provides me with a much richer feature set. Then again, I am a "techie" so the lack of the elegance of webOS is not a huge showstopper for me.
    Precisly why i'm moving to Android myself. I miss these basic features of even flip phones. Yeah i love WebOS navigation and its simplicity...but i'm also a techy and the sheer number of options to do...well..anything on Android devices is staggering.

I want to see what WinMo7 can do but i'm not jumping on that early.
    Precisly why i'm moving to Android myself. I miss these basic features of even flip phones. Yeah i love WebOS navigation and its simplicity...but i'm also a techy and the sheer number of options to do...well..anything on Android devices is staggering.

I want to see what WinMo7 can do but i'm not jumping on that early.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    This is exactly why I had to move on to the EVO. webOS is nice to navigate... but there are just waaaay too many features missing, ...Then again, I am a "techie" so the lack of the elegance of webOS is not a huge showstopper for me.

interestingly i'm NOT a techie. so i come at some of these from a different perspective. i dont' care about programming or developers or sdks. Like every couple stories on precentral are about developers. I kinda just ignore those. i'm a consumer. i buy a laptop but i'm not concerned about the latest developments in visual basic or javascript. (not being a programmer i don't even know what i said actually makes sense. lol) i just like that it makes my life easier so for me the looking nice goes a very long way with me. In fact though i like gadgets the need to use preware is more of an annoyance for me then a strength. It's cool. nothing wrong with preware but when i buy bought the phone i'd hoped that when the app store was up id be going their for the apps and the "patches" would be coming from palm. I assumed i wouldn't have to hassle with the whole patching and phone hacking stuff stuff cause Palm updates would do that. Like getting rid of the sound when you plug the phone in to charge or a silent shutter sound, gapless playback, etc. Little things like that. Hell i didn't think a year on i'd even still be posting here. not really my thing. but i still pay attention mostly because i need to. I surely didn't do it with my last little samsung phone. i am technically inclined though so androids utilitarianism doesn't bother me but i'm closer to the average phone buyer i'd say.

One of my criticism of many apps on webos, the few i have is many lack the visual gloss and polish of iphone apps. I'm not anti android by any means and one thing i like about htc's android version is they added some gloss with the black upper menu bar and android 2.2 has better looking icons. And honestly that's one reason i have a webos phone and not a G1. But i was impressed with the features of android.
    Yeah, OK, my Palm Pre Plus on Verizon automatically does HQ, yay... But it's not that great. Like you mentioned it's lacking a lot things like comments and being able to sign and veiw subscriptions and messages. Even my old Samsung Rogue let me log in! But the new mobile site is pretty nice, even though I still can't view comments. But with the new mobile site I can login, view pages, check messages, look at subscriptions,ect. It looks like the youtube you'd get on your desktop or laptop.
    The youtube app's crapitity is one of the reasons I would leave WebOS.. what are you smokin'?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html