View Poll Results: Will Apple Face Backlash even if they Recall?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its Too late for Apple to do anything, their Brand is Hurt!!

2 6.67%
  • Apple could destroy the world and consumers would still Flock to them

14 46.67%
  • They may take a Hit, but nothing too devastating

12 40.00%
  • Oooooh Buttons...

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If Apple issues a Recall on the iPhone within the next week... can they still save face or will it hurt them even more?
    http://www.cultofmac.com/pr-experts-...evitable/50565
    No matter when they did a recall would look awful on them
    I have a feeling a lot of consumers will applaud Apple for caring so much about them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I have a feeling a lot of consumers will applaud Apple for caring so much about them...
    Like they applauded Toyota over the defective brakes
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  6.    #6  
    i think that, apple has alot of time to wipe the egg off on this one... Even with the new Blackberry and android and webos coming to the picture , this will only hurt them slightly... will they look like saviors def not, but i dont believe they will be looked upon negatively, unless they pull another shtick like this again
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Like they applauded Toyota over the defective brakes
    Well, this situation is a bit different lol. Most average consumers don't know about Apple's "You're holding it wrong!" and "Just buy a case" statements. I think they'll like the fact that Apple recognized a fault in their design and issues a recall as soon as possible...

People who have been following this situation will have a much different opinion though.
    All I'm waiting for is for someone to need to call 911 and hold their iPhone wrong that would start a real **** storm
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    All I'm waiting for is for someone to need to call 911 and hold their iPhone wrong that would start a real **** storm
    Unfortunately , i believe that even than they have "The Network" to throw blame at, eiher way they'll either admit to it or not
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Unfortunately , i believe that even than they have "The Network" to throw blame at, eiher way they'll either admit to it or not
    They couldn't blame the network because it will connect to any satellite that it can connect to regardless of network in order to dial 911 which would mean the issue would HAVE to be with the iPhone
    They'll save face for finally being honest and facing the issue that they may have messed up when designing this one.

Although I still think free bumpers would be a less expensive solution, and only recall if people are still having issues. They just need to to come clean, no matter what they decide.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

I thought they were sending free accessories.

Honestly, I would not have any ill feelings, I think it would be a positive.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I think Apple may see the writing on the wall with the CR report. if they dont do a recall, there are a ton of class action lawyers that could win and they would have to shell out money in the long run. Do it now you look like you care, do it later you were forced to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    I think Apple may see the writing on the wall with the CR report. if they dont do a recall, there are a ton of class action lawyers that could win and they would have to shell out money in the long run. Do it now you look like you care, do it later you were forced to.
    What's their loss? Which would be required for a CA suit.

What are they losing that goes beyond the scope of the purchase, which is refundable?

(please know if they start holding phone manufacturers and carriers accountable, for someone not reaching 911 because of phone failure, the world of phones will become a very different place, and frankly, Pre would be at the top of that heap of discontinued phones, based on my experience)
    You mention the Pre not connecting to 911 but this is the first I have heard of this issue and it doesn't seem to be widespread and easily replicated so I would consider it one defective model whereas the iPhone 4's issue is across the board which is the problem
    This is just great, finally Apple somewhat admitting they have a problem with their "stuff". BUT most are correct as this will not hurt them whatsoever. I know this as a bunch of people at work have iPhones and think Apple is GOD!!!! So this will not affect them at all as their following is brainwashed and will buy anything Apple makes and if Apples says its good then they believe it.

Apple: Buy this brown paper bag filled with mystery stuff for $5
    Buyer: But it stinks!
    Apple: True is smells like dog doo but its the new thing, made by us with new monkey hide (like the gorilla glass), trust us it's GOOD!
    Buyer: WOOT - Apple doo, best $h!t in the world!!!! Is there an app to go with this?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    A recall would be a tremendous blow to Apple as this one handset defines their mobile strategy that is worth billions to them.

No freaking way they do a recall.

But for the next year at least, all their smartphone eggs are in this one basket. They better get on top of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Apple: Buy this brown paper bag filled with mystery stuff for $5
    Buyer: But it stinks!
    Apple: True is smells like dog doo but its the new thing, made by us with new monkey hide (like the gorilla glass), trust us it's GOOD!
    Buyer: WOOT - Apple doo, best $h!t in the world!!!! Is there an app to go with this?

How do you explain Apple products that don't sell, then? (There are a few, you know.)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    How do you explain Apple products that don't sell, then? (There are a few, you know.)
    The six worst Apple products of all time | Computers | Editors&#039; Notes | Macworld
    They haven't had one since 97 unless I am missing one which was before they were "cool"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast