View Poll Results: Will Apple Face Backlash even if they Recall?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its Too late for Apple to do anything, their Brand is Hurt!!

2 6.67%
  • Apple could destroy the world and consumers would still Flock to them

14 46.67%
  • They may take a Hit, but nothing too devastating

12 40.00%
  • Oooooh Buttons...

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guess what Consumers lists as the top rated smartphone?.....the iPhone 4. Strange.
    Apple TV supposedly doesn't sell too well.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Guess what Consumers lists as the top rated smartphone?.....the iPhone 4. Strange.
    Isn't it though?

And CNET gives the iphone 4 an 8.6 overall (9.0 in design).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In that case, I kind of agree with Consumers. The antenna is an issue, and it's still the best smartphone on the market.
    How can it be the best smartphone if it doesn't even work as a phone?
    I think its an exaggeration to say it "doesn't work as a phone." Don't you?

That's like saying you can't use a Pre for more than 2 hours before the battery runs out, so what good is it.

(which can happen, but is by no means common, or the typical experience.)
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I think its an exaggeration to say it "doesn't work as a phone." Don't you?

That's like saying you can't use a Pre for more than 2 hours before the battery runs out, so what good is it.

(which can happen, but is by no means common, or the typical experience.)
    I definitely agree with what you stated here.. since its not happening to ALL customers... however even if its 10-20% or even 5% of customers thats a good chunk.

The problem is the response.. Personally i have a Pre (obviously) but i work at AT&T and even though we are a Premier Retailer and cant sell the iPhone... I inform consumers that some (iPhones) are experiencing issues.. and explain other options.. some customers intend only iPhone and thats fine.. i explain to them all their plan options... and ill even reassure them that the issues with affected by many, are not an indication of ALL iPhone customers experience. ..

The biggest issue I have with all this ... is how , as a consumer, i see how a big corp like APPLE can try and get away with all this... Simply telling people to return the phone is not an option because, people Like the product so much sometimes they "HOPE" it will work the way they Need it to (this is not a shot at apple but all companies who dont try and resolve issues correctly)
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    What's their loss? Which would be required for a CA suit.

What are they losing that goes beyond the scope of the purchase, which is refundable?

(please know if they start holding phone manufacturers and carriers accountable, for someone not reaching 911 because of phone failure, the world of phones will become a very different place, and frankly, Pre would be at the top of that heap of discontinued phones, based on my experience)
    "IF" Apple knew about it, I think there is a reasonable expectation that the phone shouldn't be subject to various degrees of reception due to a known flaw. Obviously they would have to prove the flaw was known and define what type of reception should be reasonable.

Due to my skeptical view of lawyers, and the harm a lawsuit could bring (win or lose), I think a recall may be in Apples best interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    How can it be the best smartphone if it doesn't even work as a phone?
    I'm just agreeing with Consumers. Besides, it does work as a phone for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12