Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

I do realize that this is a serious problem, that is why I posted this in the 1st place. However, every time I heard death grip or the grip of death, all I can think of is a cheesy Hollywood sci fi movie for the '50's! LOL.

Take care, Jay
    we'll see. watch this space. the stock is down like two percent this week. hell they get that most weeks. And with a blow out quarter to come and upcoming iphone 4 releases in like 20 countries, not to mention the stock is up 1.79% in after hours, long waiting lists for phones, i don't think there is a chance in hades that this is hurting their bottom line in any meaningful way. and again when for the rest of the year they got new countries anxiously adopting this phone the future looks just fine.

i mean if you have to have a press conference and only lost .62% on the day and still got a huge waiting list i can't believe this is a big issue with most consumers. Plus I've read their have been very few returns which tells me people affected by the issue still want an apple phone. So it's not like they are getting rid of their phones.

I mean wait a few weeks and see if they are above 258.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post

You speak the truth....
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    we'll see. watch this space. the stock is down like two percent this week. hell they get that most weeks. And with a blow out quarter to come and upcoming iphone 4 releases in like 20 countries, not to mention the stock is up 1.79% in after hours, long waiting lists for phones, i don't think there is a chance in hades that this is hurting their bottom line in any meaningful way. and again when for the rest of the year they got new countries anxiously adopting this phone the future looks just fine.

i mean if you have to have a press conference and only lost .62% on the day and still got a huge waiting list i can't believe this is a big issue with most consumers. Plus I've read their have been very few returns which tells me people affected by the issue still want an apple phone. So it's not like they are getting rid of their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    You speak the truth....
    Yep. Hey I'm no *****. Put it this way i used to own palm stock and didn't even lose money. I wasn't one of those people hollering buy when it fell to 9 bucks only to see it go to 7 then 4. I sold at i think 15 and was ****ed i didn't unload at 17. I mean when you see the iffy Pre sales and sell through numbers dropping you can make an educated guess as to whether traders are gonna bail. They did. And guess what. I bought some more Apple yesterday at 241. That's how confident i was. One of those other threads i said i was looking for it to go to 235 but ****, when it was at 241 i knew it wasn't going to make it to 235 i bought more. And people don't know Apple usually trades down after good earnings so it wouldn't surprise me if it traded down tommorrow then back up later. As all the traders that bought yesterday and the day before decide to take profits off the good earnings number. Then wait a day or two and buy some back lower. But it was up past 262 in after hours. And it hasn't even been a few weeks it's been two trading days since i wrote that.

With, higher then expected guidance next quarter? It's not rocket science. they've got better then expected mac sales and ipod sales. There's a line out the fricken apple store door. They got a waiting list for two products. And everyone of them knows about the "antenna issue." Its like smokers knowing they can get cancer. they don't care. It's why Altria's stock is so stable. if it's not above 258 in a few weeks it will be for a logical reason, like it get's dragged down by a bad market, a problem that causes sales to drop, or something like that. But the antenna hasn't yet caused it. Apple's a phenomenally well run company with a darn consistent track record. And people are too caught up in their apple hate to to see clearly. The reality is they should be taking notes cause every quarter or so Apple teaches a master class on business.
    I heard that a recall is still possible - at least accoding to the PRPRPR $Experts$. $Any$ $takers$?
    No Recall.
    Everyone got free Bumpers - All is good now.
    I know. Was just kidding. Amazing how quickly things changed though.
  7.    #87  
    Hi all,

I wonder what is going to happen after Sept 30th, when the offer for free bumpers ends. Jobs never gave a straight answer, if they are going to redesign or modify the Iphone 4. If not, aren't they going to be knowingly selling defective phones???

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

I wonder what is going to happen after Sept 30th, when the offer for free bumpers ends. Jobs never gave a straight answer, if they are going to redesign or modify the Iphone 4. If not, aren't they going to be knowingly selling defective phones???
    I have all along expected that they'd put a layer of lacquer or a clear coat of plastic over the metal bands (otherwise they would not discontinue the rubbers...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    BTW -- I also was expecting that Jobs would likely have to cave on reaming his customers $30 for 30 cents of rubbers. What surprised me was how long he resisted doing the obvious, and how much he was willing to nickel and dime his fans over something so trivial ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    BTW -- I also was expecting that Jobs would likely have to cave on reaming his customers $30 for 30 cents of rubbers. What surprised me was how long he resisted doing the obvious, and how much he was willing to nickel and dime his fans over something so trivial ...
    Hi, It's a major ***** in his armor (& one that his own greed is responsible for)!

There have been rumors for years that Bill Gates has and Asperger's Syndrome.

Now I am wondering if Jobs has it? I have no idea if either has it, but Jobs' recent behavior makes me think twice about it.

Take care, Jay

PS: and Asperger's Syndrome info:
    High-Functioning Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi all,

Take care,

jay
    they could include one with every new phone. I think it's questionable that that would qualify as defective. The phone still works. Technically i think it would be just a design flaw. And they could argue now consumers have notice. Regardless, most potential iphone 4 buyers and and current users don't care that much or aren't effected in a practical way from the polls i've read.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345