Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The big questions is, how can you think this is not a big deal when a very reputable organization straight up calls Apple's bluff, proves it with their own lab equipment, then publishes it for the world to see?
    I am preeettttyyyy sure upthread I said it was a big deal and that anyone who experienced it, should absolutely either return the product for their money back or get a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I am preeettttyyyy sure upthread I said it was a big deal and that anyone who experienced it, should absolutely either return the product for their money back or get a new phone.
    yes you did... but should Apple take some responsibility is the question of the day!
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    If it's a big deal then why the backlash about the thread?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Here's an article from my local Fox news station. (I see no need to start a new thread so I threw it in here)

"With Apple's fans, iPhone maker may not need to respond to Consumer Reports critique:"

With Apple's fans, iPhone maker may not need to respond to Consumer Reports critique - KSTU
    I heard on the news that the reception problem can be fixed with duct tape....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Did anyone else notice that Apple's stock dropped $5.48 today, and at one point dropped almost as much as $8. Granted that their stock price is so high, I don't see this as being a huge blow to them by any means. But I think it does show that this reception issue is at least being reflected in their stock price.
    “Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability”
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I don't know who Mr. Anderson is, but hopefully he is hearing the sound of apple owning up for once.
    Hmm. Apple never "owned up" to the 3GS deathgrip problem. That's right, holding the 3GS in the exact same way can cause all you bars to dissapear also in low signal areas. If you dont believe me, check YouTube.

In addition, you might want to check out some android forums. You will see plenty of Nexus 1 owners that suffer the same deathgrip fate. Where is Google's recall?

My iPhone and Nexus are fine. If they weren't, I would return them and move on (probably to my blackberry 9700 or Pre Plus).
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Hmm. Apple never "owned up" to the 3GS deathgrip problem. That's right, holding the 3GS in the exact same way can cause all you bars to dissapear also in low signal areas. If you dont believe me, check YouTube.

In addition, you might want to check out some android forums. You will see plenty of Nexus 1 owners that suffer the same deathgrip fate. Where is Google's recall?

My iPhone and Nexus are fine. If they weren't, I would return them and move on (probably to my blackberry 9700 or Pre Plus).
    So Consumer Reports is wrong when they say this doesn't affect the 3GS? I take their word over some Youtube videos.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    an apple a day keeps the customer away??

no thats just corny

Lol.. corn... apples AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH
    LOL! take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    So Consumer Reports is wrong when they say this doesn't affect the 3GS? I take their word over some Youtube videos.
    I think that's the clincher.
    CR ran their tests in a controlled environment - no excuses from Apple now.
    Just call me Berd.
  13.    #53  
    I think that's the clincher.
    CR ran their tests in a controlled environment - no excuses from Apple now.
    Hi all,

I have to agree....so far the old adage is true, nothing is worse than the cover up....Apple should fall on it's sword and be honest and fix it, before it is too late....this is the kind of issue, that gets away from companies, all of the time...It already has taken on a life of it's own!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Is Consumers wrong when they still claim that the iPhone 4 is the best smartphone currently available?

And yes, consumers is wrong if they claim that holding the 3GS doesn't effect signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I don't know who Mr. Anderson is, but hopefully he is hearing the sound of apple owning up for once.
    It was a movie quote.
    Pogey would get it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Interesting comments from an electromagnetic engineer on the Consumers tests.....Consumer Report iPhone4 study flawed | Viewpoints by Bob Egan

I still think the antenna issue is real (I can even sometimes reproduce it), but to claim other phones don't suffer the same is not accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Is Consumers wrong when they still claim that the iPhone 4 is the best smartphone currently available?

And yes, consumers is wrong if they claim that holding the 3GS doesn't effect signal.
    Consumer reports saying the iPhone has reception issues is based of fact, and is not a subjective opinion, where saying "itz teh best phon evar" is highly subjective no matter how you spin it.
    Video of the death grip effect on a 3GS iPhone.....
    Video of death grip effect on the Nexus 1......
    Better not hold the EVO in landscape while browsing the web.....
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast