Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    What's out of context? You said that Palm users don't complain about the iPhone, right?

Contextually, do the next few sentences change what you meant?
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Anyone who wants to return, refund or replace their phone is welcome to do so. I don't doubt there are people who have signal issues, but what is stopping them from doing that?
    I think that is the best advice hands down, and would likely cause the most good.
    If everyone who even has an inkling of this issue just returned it, apple would have a huge stock that can't be sold for nothing but refurbs.

So that's it everyone - return it now.
    Get an Android or go back to your 3GS.
    Just buck up and return it. Cut your loss. Go back to what works.
    Do it now, before your stuck.
    Just call me Berd.

It's silly enough there are umpteen threads from people who don't own an iPhone (not to mention the irony of them being owners of Palm products, the one company that SHOULD know how to get phones right...) complaining about an issue they don't have, but now we are going to imagine scenarios - again, that you won't ever experience - where you might not be recovered in the case of a faulty product?
    Not any sillier than hanging out in a Palm forum concerned that people complain about apple.
    Just call me Berd.
    Other. Handhelds.
    Cross. Platform.

Were you expecting a different conversation in here?
    That says repair or technical support, just as I thought. Not a straight return. Although they'll likely swap out the phone for another. I've read they'll often just go ahead and do that, and they did it with me.

iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4 - Apple Store (U.S.)

Scroll to midway, under "Apple Care Protection Plan."
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Me too; I had an underperforming battery in my 3G. I didn't know - never having used it before - that it was under performing until about 11 months in when i compared it to a friend's.

I brought it in, they tested it, agreed it was under performing and I had a new phone in hand (with a much better battery - i had no idea I could go two days between charges!) in 15 minutes.

I think that is pretty common since they don't do, for example, battery swaps, there.
    Other. Handhelds.
    Cross. Platform.

Were you expecting a different conversation in here?
    Were you?
    Just call me Berd.
    Not at all.

Maybe not five threads on the same issue however......:P
    Yeah, we're just silly that way.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Were you?
    well said.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    You cant recall the iPhone4! That would mean there was something wrong with me.... Anxiety, self doubt, failure. No!!!!! The iPhone4 is perfect like me. I follow, therefore Im Apple. How could you do this to me Steve? I thought we were friends. Dont listen to them Steve, were perfect together, they are all jealous. Steve.. Steve... Can you hear me now?
    Gots no problems with opinions at all. i am full of them myself.

But surely you jest with this comment!

Cross platform chat topics are all I follow in here...and if you think no one is complaining about iPhones...well. I just don't know how to respond to that!
    finngirl;

You concatenated my comment, and then argued that version.

Next time, please quote the entire comment and then reply - then even if you think that your comments make sense to yourself, allow the readers to see that the rationale in your reply isnt relevant:

"Palm users dont complain about iPhone products not working.. they just observe and comment. They DO complain about PALM products, and, yes, we all criticize Apple and its CEO, and any other company that does things that seem to disregard the market or users.. period."

Thanks, in advance, for your consideration in future response posts!!!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

(actually, what you describe is the opposite of concatenation...)

If you are relabeling "complaining" as "commenting," -- and implying I altered your meaning by choosing one over the other -- I think we'd have to agree that your commenting and what i read as complaining is all in the eye of the beholder.

*I* read a lot of complaining here: about the antenna, about the "closed" nature of the iPhone, about the "boring OS," about the price, about the 20,000 fart apps...etc....etc.

Where does "commenting" turn into "complaining?" Answer: About 20 gazillion threads ago. LOL.

anyhow, my point is made - carry on.
    (actually, what you describe is the opposite of concatenation...)

If you are relabeling "complaining" as "commenting," -- and implying I altered your meaning by choosing one over the other -- I think we'd have to agree that your commenting and what i read as complaining is all in the eye of the beholder.

*I* read a lot of complaining here: about the antenna, about the "closed" nature of the iPhone, about the "boring OS," about the price, about the 20,000 fart apps...etc....etc.

Where does "commenting" turn into "complaining?" Answer: About 20 gazillion threads ago. LOL.

anyhow, my point is made - carry on.
    it turns into complaints when its being said by iPhone customers... everyone else is commenting... but noone will really know bc apple deletes these Complaints

and the You tube vids where created by iPhone Users Not Palm Users.. Lest you forget
    finngirl;

Contcatenating is the assembly or disassmbly of words/letters/syllables to make a word/sentence. Its done in programming all the time, and is very efficient. Just not so good when discussing or trying to make your point.

"Comment" (n) from Websters:

1. An expression of opinion
    2. An explanitory, illustrative or crtitcal note or observation

"Complain" (v), from Websters:

1. To express grief, pain or discontent
    2. To make a formal accusation against a person

Quite honestly, I don't see how the former ever has turned into the latter here, regarding Pre owners who never ownded an iphone posting comments about it, or Apple.

Last edited by LCGuy; 07/13/2010 at 06:49 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    finngirl;

Contcatenating is the assembly or disassmbly of words to make a sentence. Its done in programming all the time. Just not good when discussing or trying to make your point.

Only definition I have ever read of concatenating is the former. But programmers are a different breed, so maybe they use a more advanced dictionary.....
    For whatever it needs .

If you are "fed up and not going to take it any more" you can return.

If you want them to make it right, its a repair.

It's silly enough there are umpteen threads from people who don't own an iPhone (not to mention the irony of them being owners of Palm products, the one company that SHOULD know how to get phones right...) complaining about an issue they don't have, but now we are going to imagine scenarios - again, that you won't ever experience - where you might not be recovered in the case of a faulty product?

Please.

(FWIW, I have had occasion over the years to call and use support for HP, Apple, Dell, Toshiba and Microsoft. And anecdotally, while I received great help from Dell, Apple has far and away been the most solicitous, and willing to set things right. My most memorably worst experiences were with MS and HP. I get that not every one has the same set of experiences but for their niche Apple is clearly doing something right to maintain their share in an admittedly premium market, don't you think? And as non-Apple users, your opinions are just that. Opinions.)
    You know Apple makes other products right? Some of us might even have them. Hard to believe I know.

The big questions is, how can you think this is not a big deal when a very reputable organization straight up calls Apple's bluff, proves it with their own lab equipment, then publishes it for the world to see?

Who's complaining? I think most of us are giggling to ourselves that a company that is now into it's 4th generation device can't even get antenna engineering correct, and how it somehow got past their QA.

I'm an engineer and deal with Apple products everyday. This is in the enterprise, and I can tell you when it comes to anything non-consumer Apple doesn't know jack about providing any sort of decent support. Dell blows them away.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    it turns into complaints when its being said by iPhone customers... everyone else is commenting... but noone will really know bc apple deletes these Complaints

and the You tube vids where created by iPhone Users Not Palm Users.. Lest you forget
    Actually apple is even worse than that.
    I have a MacBook Pro which suffered from what became called the "elp issue" (missed first keystroke - help = elp)
    many had it, but was always swept under the carpet by apple.
    I huge petition was started on other forums, but you wouldn't hear a peep of it on apple's forums.
    I had the issue still after three times with AppleCare.
    You couldn't even ask if anyone else still had the issue - your question would disappear as quickly as you made it.
    How do you like them apples?
    Just call me Berd.
    an apple a day keeps the customer away??

no thats just corny

Lol.. corn... apples AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH
    Does it seem strange to anyone else that the article captured in the original post compares this PRPRPR-$disaster$ $to$ $Toyota$'$s$ $PR$-$disaster$?

I mean... my phone doesn't work always the way I want it to vs. holy crap my car won't stop...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast