Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    here is a reason to avoid motorola droids... who knows what the others are going to do on this topic...

Donít Hack or Mod the Droid X, Unless You Want a Useless Paperweight
    It really, REALLY, p*$$*s me off that when you buy so many things these days you don't end up owning them. It used to be so simple....
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    glad i have palm products.

at&t says no to htc tethering android, verizon gives mobile hotspot free on palm. Sprint techs will tell u what homebrew tweaks and patches are their favorite, apple says no to jailbreaking. palm says it may void your warranty if you fry your phone from overclocking it, motorola installs a boot load checker which will brick the phone if altered.
    Palm prē-ist.
    oh yeah, and the droid 1 has been e.o.l. 'd
    Palm prē-ist.
  4. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    SMobile Security Analysis of Over 48,000 Android Market Applications | SMobile Global Threat Center

"one in every five applications request permissions to access private or sensitive information that an attacker could use for malicious purposes."
    Well, I've recently bought an EVO, and I've noticed that they do have these notifications that had me wondering. That being said--I basically assume that my phone is not secure and do not put vital information on it.

Certainly, someone could get information about my contacts, photos, and perhaps e-mail, but I don't put my life up on electronic form either.

Facebook...sorry KAM fans, you'll have to do without me.

KAM
  5.    #25  
    Yes,
    No facebook or myspace.
    Nope - not me
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    are you also a mod on androidcentral? if not, I would think you'd be buying a pre?
    The is no Pre prerequisite to be a mod here.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Pre prerequisite
    Groan!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12