1.    #1  
    no bother -- its just another secret unpublished "feature" of Apple's magical OS.

Appologists -- I await your explanations !!

iOS 4 upgrade kills old iPhones’ Wi-Fi
    Christopher Null Yahoo technology

Got an iPhone 3G or 3GS? You might think twice about upgrading to the new iOS 4 operating system, as many users are reporting that the operating-system upgrade causes Wi-Fi to stop working on the handset.

Numerous threads have cropped up on Apple’s support forums in the last few weeks outlining the problem: After the OS upgrade, the iPhone will no longer pick up the presence of Wi-Fi networks at all. Reverting to the old iPhone operating system does not resolve the problem, nor does resetting the phone to factory-original status. Forum posters posit that the upgrade in some way has “fried” the Wi-Fi chip in the phone, leaving it unfixable via software.

You can find a variety of complaints — all strikingly similar — on the matter at the following links, with nary a fix in sight. Threads 1 – 2 – 3 – 4.

Phones under warranty should theoretically be repairable by Apple, but if your phone is more than a year old, the warranty won’t be valid whether the OS upgrade or something else killed your Wi-Fi.

I’ve asked Apple for an official comment, acknowledgement, and/or fix to the issue but have received no response. I’ll update this post if I do. Don’t hold your breath.

For the record, I updated my iPhone 3GS to iOS 4 and the Wi-Fi actually works much better now; the old Wi-Fi connection would periodically become corrupted and require a reboot to work. I haven’t had that problem since upgrading.
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/13/2010 at 12:08 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Meh instead of a replacement, switch to the Palm Pre Plus :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    In other news God Phone aka iOS4 came out with new app called iTAPE (non-god phone owners its called the duck-tape)... for those of you who luv to hold the phone in right hands
    This also happened when the last major upgrade went through, 3.0 or maybe it was 3.1(not sure which). I read people were saying to disable your phone password for the upgrade. For some reason, that may have had something to do with it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Define many...

With 50 Million sold, define numerous? Is that 10? 20? Insignificant in the scope of things.

Palm Pre's with Oreo issues? 3 in 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Define many...

With 50 Million sold, define numerous? Is that 10? 20? Insignificant in the scope of things.

Palm Pre's with Oreo issues? 3 in 10?
    define many :
    enough .

The difference between iphone and pre :

Iphone is the best quality phone out there remember? Pre, just a piece of junk.

Man... looks like the quality debate for iphone fans is taking a big hit these days. Hey, they still have the impressive apps..... for now.