Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 188
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No. That free bumper program was only for a few weeks. It ended back in October.
    umm ok so they gave out a bunch of bumpers ,, but they gave them out why ? lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    But CR tests didn't reveal this was an issue with all mobile phones.
    And it becomes more specific to the iPhone now that they have the same results with the same iphone, but on a different carrier.
    As a matter of fact, the CR test specifically stated that it wasn't a problem with other phones.

    They're probably just picking on Apple because they're popular. You know, like they did with all the other popular phones in the past ... like ... um... let me check with SJ, and I'll get back with you...
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    because they got free phone covers when ever they went into the service provider ! which helps fix the issue.
    Except they stopped giving them away. So, unless Apple changed the design on the AT&T version of the iPhone 4 why are people over the last several months not complaining about the issue and not complaining about not getting a free cover?

    If the issue still exists on the Verizon version, they are not giving people free covers.

    I still think Apple did all that to get the media to shut up. Because if the actual user's of the phone really had issues in the beginning, then they should still be having them today. And you know there would be a vocal crowd of consumers that would be complaining that Apple should still be giving them free cases.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I notice you're conveniently leaving out a few facts:

    There were threats (might have even been filings, I didn't keep up) of class action lawsuits over the issue by iPhone owners.

    Apple provided a "fix" for the issue - hardly a denial that it exists.

    Apple insisting that other phones have the same problem (again hardly a denial) is not confirmation that other phones have the same problem. It isn't that the antenna issue couldn't happen with other phones, it's the external antenna and the position which Apple placed it on the phone that seems to affect it more.

    But, Jobs said it's not really a problem. I guess he's saying that those who complained were just lying...
    I can sue McDonald's if I burn myself on my coffee. What's your point? That proves nothing; people will sue for anything and everything when they see the slightest opportunity.

    Someone (or group) wanting to sue because they're experiencing issues on their phone doesn't necessarily mean anything or have any basis.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes he got to keep his original blackberry lol
    Actually, he didn't get to keep his original BB, but he got to keep a BB. It's not a stock device.
  6. #146  
    lets all just mess with apple , there really is no problems at all with any of their phones people are just drama ridden and feel like complaining for no good reason . thats means everybody else is wrong and we (apple) are right !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Oh, I always thought it was some model that had to be encrypted, protected, etc...
    You think maybe a BB can be encrypted?
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, he didn't get to keep his original BB, but he got to keep a BB. It's not a stock device.
    actually that article said he kept "his" blackberry and didnt say he had to trade it in on another phone ??!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    ...
    I still think Apple did all that to get the media to shut up. Because if the actual user's of the phone really had issues in the beginning, then they should still be having them today. And you know there would be a vocal crowd of consumers that would be complaining that Apple should still be giving them free cases.
    If it was only the media, why were these "satisfied customers" getting together for class action lawsuits?
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    lets all just mess with apple , there really is no problems at all with any of their phones people are just drama ridden and feel like complaining for no good reason . thats means everybody else is wrong and we (apple) are right !!
    I'd say it's a little less dramma-ridden than the hardware issues the Pre and Pixi have experienced!
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'd say it's a little less dramma-ridden than the hardware issues the Pre and Pixi have experienced!
    And we have threads to discuss that.
    Here we're talking about CR's testing results of the iPhone.
  12. #152  
    why are you bringing up palm when we are talking about apple lol ?? i already know the issues and accept those issues are real !!?? ha ha someone that changes the subject has admitted a loss !! ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    actually that article said he kept "his" blackberry and didnt say he had to trade it in on another phone ??!!
    Yeah, but he didn't keep the one he had. Trust me.

    Sort of like me saying I'm still using my Pre (even though it's not the one I started off with).

    Without going into any other details, the one big glaring one is that there is no way the Secret Service would allow the PotUS to carry a device with a GPS in it.
  14. #154  
    the gps is deactivated lol of course they wouldnt allow others to know where he is !! but what if it is activated for their use ?? you never know !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. #155  
    Something else to ponder...

    Verizon has the reputation of having the most rigorous testing processes for a device before allowing it on it's network.

    They already knew about the iPhone 4 on AT&T's network. D you really think they would allow the iPhone 4 on their network if that attenuation issue is as bad as CR and the media is reporting?

    They would not. Why would they risk ruining their stellar reputation of having the most reliable network if the iPhone 4 is that bad?
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    why are you bringing up palm when we are talking about apple lol ?? i already know the issues and accept those issues are real !!?? ha ha someone that changes the subject has admitted a loss !! ha ha ha
    It's called perspective. Not an attempt to change the topic.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    And we have threads to discuss that.
    Here we're talking about CR's testing results of the iPhone.
    Which were definitive.

    The issue was absolutely related to the external antenna, which does not exist for most other phones.

    It would seem that the only two arguments being offered against this are:

    • CR is simply lying
    • CR is exaggerating the effects

    I'd say that some fanglasses are being wron.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'd say it's a little less dramma-ridden than the hardware issues the Pre and Pixi have experienced!
    Much more drama than I have experienced with my Pre.
    Before the Pre my iPhone 3G was a nightmare. I live in the same area, work in the same area that I did when Cingular ruled the airwaves, 5 years without issues, and I had great service. ATT merged with Cingular, they changed frequencies and I bought an iPhone. The iPhone dropped calls from the beginning, frequently. Apple said it was my hardware and over three months replaced the phone 4 times. Finally I was three months out and Apple blamed ATT, I called ATT and they blamed Apple. It went back and forth until I got both of them to agree to let me off without ETF and would have refunded my phone. I moved on. Later bought a day one Pre... had it replaced (because I damaged it) in the first 30 days and still have it.
  19. #159  
    Honestly, Consumer Reports has a great reputation for testing products.
    If they say they have the issue with the iPhone specifically, and they are making it up, they stand to hurt their reputation.
    Apple only finally admited it after enough heat was applied.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Which were definitive.

    The issue was absolutely related to the external antenna, which does not exist for most other phones.

    It would seem that the only two arguments being offered against this are:

    • CR is simply lying
    • CR is exaggerating the effects

    I'd say that some fanglasses are being wron.
    I don't think anyone here implied that Consumer Reports is lying or exaggerating their demonstration(s); I believe the only thing we're debating here is Consumer Report's trying to make it out to be an issue that it's really not.

    They don't want to recommend a device that has already proven itself time and time again and continues to sale in large numbers despite its apparent issues?

    Is it possible that millions of people are walking around with a device that's really rendered useless if they hold it a particular way and causes problem after problem? If so, why?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions