Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 188
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    I did show something. The info in his signature block.

    After I pointed that out to sledge007, even he agreed with what I said.

    And of course you didn't find anything wrong in his response. You being fair and balanced when it comes to Apple. LOL!

    Any other time you would provide your twenty+ years of experience?? to say that this or that is not true. But, you believe that tall tale story?
    In all actuallity, I just agreed with you to end the argument, and it worked. I still don't agree with you but I was tired arguing about it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  2. #122  
    Thanks Sledge,
    Go ahead and leave your post as is.
    We're moving on regarding that member now.
    Thanks.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    So, are you saying that people don't have an agenda and want to spread disinformation?
    It's time to relax and step back a bit. Here are some thoughts to ponder:

    1. This site exists to create community for webOS users where they can talk about their phones, ask questions, and get information that helps them get the most from their webOS device. Posts need to be somewhere in that universe. Let's not post assumptions about the character of other members.

    2. The assertion that a company wouldn't have such a policy, or that such an issue couldn't exist is counter to my experience in some very large companies I've worked for. Even if their explanation was simply an excuse, it is very likely that corporate IT will fight to keep everyone to a standard. My last company fought off iPhone requests until the US President got one and forced them to grant him access to email. (Palm should take note of that strategy).

    3. The fact that you don't believe something doesn't make it more or less true than if you did believe it. And if you believe something that isn't true, that doesn't make it true.

    We need to consider how our posts add value to this community. Casting aspersions on members on other members never ends well.

    <<thread cleaned>>
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/27/2011 at 01:08 PM.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It's time to relax and step back a bit. Here are some thoughts to ponder:

    1. This site exists to create community for webOS users where they can talk about their phones, ask questions, and get information that helps them get the most from their webOS device. Posts need to be somewhere in that universe. Let's not post assumptions about the character of other members.
    Well put.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    We need to consider how our posts add value to this community. Cssting aspersions on members on other members never ends well.
    That too
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    2. The assertion that a company wouldn't have such a policy, or that such an issue couldn't exist is counter to my experience in some very large companies I've worked for. Even if their explanation was simply an excuse, it is very likely that corporate IT will fight to keep everyone to a standards. My last company fought off iPhone requests until the US President got one and forced them to grant him access to email. (Palm should take note of that strategy).
    I'm a little confused on this one. iPhone or BlackBerry? I'm almost positive that President Obama did this with the BlackBerry. I am positive that President Bush never used email while he was President. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant by "US President".
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I've been trying repeatedly over the past few days to duplicate what Consumer Reports (CR) says about the VZW iPhone 4, but I just don't see it. When I hold my phone precisely as the CR blog depicts to to get this effect, nothing changes - even after 5+ minutes. The bars remain unaffected and connections are not dropped. I wonder what I'm doing "wrong."
    Did you try it when you were in weak coverage, and did you try it while making calls? The original issue was mostly associated with marginal coverage, and when not on a call the signal is an estimate based on one of 3 actual measurements that are combined during a call.

    I think this is an excellent opportunity to see how much of the dropped and poor quality calls have been AT&T's fault and how many have been the iPhone. Now that we have iPhone 4 available on the "best" network... it will be interesting.

    I find this interesting because Apple and iPhone users have always been so critical of AT&T (I don't like AT&T either even though I don't have an iPhone). In my last job I was forced to carry a BB on AT&T in addition to my VZW phone. I got to see just how bad AT&T was in areas of marginal coverage.

    Even so, I wonder if AT&T wasn't taking heat for problems in the iPhone. Now we have the chance to find out.
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

    I'm a little confused on this one. iPhone or BlackBerry? I'm almost positive that President Obama did this with the BlackBerry. I am positive that President Bush never used email while he was President. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant by "US President".
    Sorry, the company I referred to is based outside the US, and the US business has a president for the western hemisphere and another for EMEA, etc.

    I meant the president of the US division of the company!

    TMMD
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Sorry, the company I referred to is based outside the US, and the US business has a president for the western hemisphere and another for EMEA, etc.

    I meant the president of the US division of the company!

    TMMD
    I thought that was possibly what you meant. However, I think President Obama's use of the BB follows much the same lines, how a "higher up" using a device can change the fortunes of that device.

    President Obama's use of the BB prompted some behind the scenes changes in the device and how it's used. Those changes prompted several government agencies to re-evaluate their mobile use. Palm Treos were going away, and BB now looked much more appealing. It helped BB.

    To your point about the use by your company's US president using an iPhone - IT departments only "run the show" until someone that signs their checks tell them to do things differently. That caused change in the company you mentioned, it caused change in several government agencies I know of. Wonder if HP has the resources to put their phones (and tablets) in the hands of corporate leaders. (It's a rhetorical statement, of course).
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, but people ignoring a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And I never said that VZW iPhone owners were offered anything, but it makes me wonder, why?

    If the problem persists, why not continue the offer. If it didn't persist, why did Apple ever offer it?

    Your answer raises more questions than it answers.
    So are you saying that the millions upon millions of consumers that have bought an iPhone 4 just simply ignore this terrible flaw? If so, that speaks more about the iPhone/iOS than anyone or anything else could.

    But I suspect that's not it.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    So are you saying that the millions upon millions of consumers that have bought an iPhone 4 just simply ignore this terrible flaw? If so, that speaks more about the iPhone/iOS than anyone or anything else could.

    But I suspect that's not it.
    I suspect that those users that have experienced it just assumed it was just another dropped call.

    I can't believe this argument is being continued.

    Apple acknowledged the problem. Is it your assertion that Apple is pretending there is a problem when it doesn't exist?
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm a little confused on this one. iPhone or BlackBerry? I'm almost positive that President Obama did this with the BlackBerry. I am positive that President Bush never used email while he was President. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant by "US President".
    He doesn't use a Blackberry. He uses this...

    Obama's new BlackBerry: The NSA's secure PDA? | Politics and Law - CNET News

    Read all about it in the article.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I suspect that those users that have experienced it just assumed it was just another dropped call.

    I can't believe this argument is being continued.

    Apple acknowledged the problem. Is it your assertion that Apple is pretending there is a problem when it doesn't exist?
    The only thing Apple acknowledged is that there is a signal attenuation issue on a particular spot of the phone, which exists across all mobile phones. What they didn't recognize is the fact that it's an issue that will affect anyone directly.

    Dropped calls has been an inherent issue of AT&T ever since the iPhone became overly popular and saturated their network. Dropped calls have long existed since the 3G and 3Gs and across other devices.

    I've yet to see any complaints about dropped calls on the VZW iPhone. If you have a source, please, by all means, post.

    We can debate this all day every day and nothing will ever change. All we have are the facts. 1. Yes, there's a sweet spot on the phone. 2. Does it affect anyone to the degree that they're returning their iPhone 4's? Not by any large amounts, no.

    I'd like to see the numbers of iPhone 4's returned due to this antenna 'issue' vs. Pre oreo's or headset jack issues.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I suspect that those users that have experienced it just assumed it was just another dropped call.

    I can't believe this argument is being continued.

    Apple acknowledged the problem. Is it your assertion that Apple is pretending there is a problem when it doesn't exist?
    I don't think it was very serious at all.

    BUT, the media can be very vocal, especially when someone like Apple will get everyones attention. So, Apple said something to get the media to shut up and people can continue to buy the iPhone.

    I am surrounded by co-workers, family, my roommate, and many other people that have an iPhone 4 and I never hear them saying this phone sucks and wants to get rid of it.

    You don't sell 30 million of something in 6 months if it were as bad as the media and CR likes to report.

    Six months later Verizon says that its their largest launch in their history. No flawed product does that. Especially one that has already been out for 6 months.

    Sure, some people in fringe areas had issues, but the majority of people like their iPhone 4's performance or, with word of mouth, I don't think Apple would have sold as many as they did.

    The media looking for eyeballs sums it up nicely.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The only thing Apple acknowledged is that there is a signal attenuation issue on a particular spot of the phone, which exists across all mobile phones.
    But CR tests didn't reveal this was an issue with all mobile phones.
    And it becomes more specific to the iPhone now that they have the same results with the same iphone, but on a different carrier.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    He doesn't use a Blackberry. He uses this...

    Obama's new BlackBerry: The NSA's secure PDA? | Politics and Law - CNET News

    Read all about it in the article.
    That article was written before he took office, and listed a possible device that he could use that was already authorized (did you notice the "?" on the headline).

    That's not the device he decided to use.

    President Obama gets to keep his BlackBerry - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - Cell phones - msnbc.com
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    But CR tests didn't reveal this was an issue with all mobile phones.
    And it becomes more specific to the iPhone now that they have the same results with the same iphone, but on a different carrier.
    Did Apple not show on their website different phones from different manufacturer's having the same issue as the iPhone 4 if held a certain way?
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    But CR tests didn't reveal this was an issue with all mobile phones.
    And it becomes more specific to the iPhone now that they have the same results with the same iphone, but on a different carrier.
    It doesn't take a degree in electrical engineering and physics to know that signal attenuation exists on all devices that receive and transmit data wirelessly.

    What's really the issue? Where are the massive amounts of people experiencing this issue? Why aren't return rates at an all time high?
  17. #137  
    yes he got to keep his original blackberry lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    It doesn't take a degree in electrical engineering and physics to know that signal attenuation exists on all devices that receive and transmit data wirelessly.

    What's really the issue? Where are the massive amounts of people experiencing this issue? Why aren't return rates at an all time high?
    because they got free phone covers when ever they went into the service provider ! which helps fix the issue.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That article was written before he took office, and listed a possible device that he could use that was already authorized (did you notice the "?" on the headline).

    That's not the device he decided to use.

    President Obama gets to keep his BlackBerry - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - Cell phones - msnbc.com
    Oh, I always thought it was some model that had to be encrypted, protected, etc...
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    because they got free phone covers when ever they went into the service provider ! which helps fix the issue.
    No. That free bumper program was only for a few weeks. It ended back in October.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions