Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    You're talking about one person. He said that several people all could not be contacted during a crisis that have an iPhone.

I don't believe that all those people all were not able to be contacted during a crisis. Highly unlikely.

Apple would not have sold as many of those iPhone 4's and Verizon would not announce that it's their best launch ever if the iPhone was that bad. Doesn't add up.
    Fine! Either way; do not call someone a liar.

Interestingly; we don't have forum guidelines telling people not to lie - like we could ever enforce it
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It's actually new/updated news.
    Last year was CR's testing of the iPhone on Att.
    The verizon iPhone4 story by CR was just released yesterday.
    mybad for not going back far enough and seeing your new post

it still doesn't seem like "new" news to me....ATT iPhone4....Verizon iPhone4...it's the same phone..... with the same problem... as far as I can tell. It just surprises me that if the issue never got solved in the first place, that they would unveil this "new" news. Oh well, I'm not on ATT or VZW and I don't have an iPhone4 so it doesn't really matter all that much
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Fine! Either way; do not call someone a liar.

Interestingly; we don't have forum guidelines telling people not to lie - like we could ever enforce it
    I changed it.
    If I told you I was lying, would you believe me?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Personally, I was just referring to their network in general.

I really think this is a problem Apple should fix, hopefully they've done so for the new model. I kind of figured they wouldn't, just because they were releasing it on a different carrier.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Yes, same design (iPhone4) - new carrier - same issue.

I'm also guessing the iPhone5 will have this resolved.
    Just call me Berd.
    So bottom line....this isn't new news. It's the same phone, with the same problem. Probably has the same issue at Bell Mobility, Rogers Wireless, Telus Mobility, TMobile...the list goes on and on....anyways, there's better things to argue about than whether or not this is news Thanks for the idle banter
    So, are you saying that people don't have an agenda and want to spread disinformation?
    Yes, the internet is overflowing with liars. P|C isn't exempt.
    Just call me Berd.
    Yes, same design (iPhone4) - new carrier - same issue.

I'm also guessing the iPhone5 will have this resolved.
    I'm betting they don't want to deal with the public outcry, again.

Sent from my favorite gadget!
    If I posted something like what he posted. YES, please call me out on it.
    this policy was added after several high level employees were "unreachable" during a crisis due to the "perfect performance" of the iPhone. They now MUST carry an IT issue BB Bold. Take that what you will.

(Also we have NO plans for iPad but have planned testing for Playbook)
    Definitinon of several:
    •several(a): (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many

There, that could mean 4....not an unreasonable number of people to be unreachable.....especially if they are all in the same locale. It may have been an iPhone4 issue, it may not have been....could have been carrier(probably the more likely of the two)

The company may have done a simple troubleshooting trick, isolate the phone first, if that doesn't fix the problem, move to the carrier. It's far easier to switch a phone out than cancel your contract and start a new one. Maybe they used to use the Bold's prior to the iP4 and so if they're having problems with a new phone, it would make sense to go back to something that's familliar and they know works. I dunno. You can come to your own conclusions with that statement but as far as malicious, hidden agenda conspiracy theory???? Ummmm there's always Coast to Coast with Art Bell to entertain
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I'm betting they don't want to deal with the public outcry, again.

Is it really a public outcry? Or the media and CR wanting a bunch of clicks to their websites?

Apple has so far sold well over 30 million iPhone 4's.

Do you really think they would have sold over 30 million iPhone 4's in 6 months if consumers were having a public outcry?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Definitinon of several:
    •several(a): (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many

There, that could mean 4....not an unreasonable number of people to be unreachable.....especially if they are all in the same locale. It may have been an iPhone4 issue, it may not have been....could have been carrier(probably the more likely of the two)

The company may have done a simple troubleshooting trick, isolate the phone first, if that doesn't fix the problem, move to the carrier. It's far easier to switch a phone out than cancel your contract and start a new one. Maybe they used to use the Bold's prior to the iP4 and so if they're having problems with a new phone, it would make sense to go back to something that's familliar and they know works. I dunno. You can come to your own conclusions with that statement but as far as malicious, hidden agenda conspiracy theory???? Ummmm there's always Coast to Coast with Art Bell to entertain
    Or, you can just look at his signature block and see that he has an agenda.
    Is it really a public outcry? Or the media and CR wanting a bunch of clicks to their websites?

Apple has so far sold well over 30 million iPhone 4's.

Do you really think they would have sold over 30 million iPhone 4's in 6 months if consumers were having a public outcry?
    I meant the one that happened, when it was first released and discovered.

Oh I see that now....I didn't notice until you mentioned it. You're right.
    It's a great device.... No, it's an amazing device.

Again; Apple admitted to this issue. albeit; only after enough complaints, they gave everyone free bumpers.
    Just call me Berd.
    Damn it! You made me have to use my browser to go view it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    It's unwarranted in the sense that consumer reports is trying to escalate this to a level that it's not. How many iPhone 4's have sold and continue to sale? It's not an issue.

Side note: bumper covers are no longer free nor have they been offered for free to new VZW iPhone owners.
    Sorry, but people ignoring a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And I never said that VZW iPhone owners were offered anything, but it makes me wonder, why?

If the problem persists, why not continue the offer. If it didn't persist, why did Apple ever offer it?

Your answer raises more questions than it answers.
    Was it really the antenna design that propelled them to record breaking sales?
    Of course that was part of it. Everything Apple did right contributed to it's success, and everything Apple does is, by definition. Right.

/sarcasm
    So, are you saying that people don't have an agenda and want to spread disinformation?
    I didn't find that to be his response at all. If you have something to show it's not true, other than the fact that you don't like the story, offer it up.

Barring that, calling someone a liar with no evidence is rude.
    I've been trying repeatedly over the past few days to duplicate what Consumer Reports (CR) says about the VZW iPhone 4, but I just don't see it. When I hold my phone precisely as the CR blog depicts to to get this effect, nothing changes - even after 5+ minutes. The bars remain unaffected and connections are not dropped. I wonder what I'm doing "wrong."

Oh, and the toupee that CR guy is wearing in the blog video is hilarious. I wonder if CR has ever done a comparison study of toupees?

...just one man's opinion...
    That he will say anything to slam the iPhone.
    Quit discussing that member.
    Quit concerning yourself with that member.
    Do not reply to me about it in this thread.
    Move on the discussion.
    Final warning.