Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    If you have a product with an issue that most blogs and many media outlets have publicized and millions continue to buy said product, I'd argue that either it doesn't affect many of them or they believe the benefits of said product far outweighs the publicized issue.
    Consumer Reports isn't about hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It sounds like the reception issue is all hype to me. Isn't that what you call it when the media runs with a story until it becomes common knowledge while reality turns out to be not nearly so remarkable?
    You guys keep pretending the article says something it doesn't. The article makes no claim about how many users it affects, it only states the design flaw, and provides evidence that it does exist.

Ford motors used to make the Pinto. It's become notorious because of a design flaw that supposedly made it more prone to fires from rear end collisions. The facts never really proved out the notion - a couple dozen deaths out of a couple million sold.

When companies try to pretend a defect doesn't existl it tarnishes their reputation, even if the product still sells.

I realize there are some on here for whom Apple's reputation will aleways be above reproach, but Apple ignoring this issue on America's largest network is a mistake.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Consumer Reports isn't about hype.
    In any case, Consumer Reports opinion/recommendation apparently doesn't much matter, people are obviously ignoring their advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    In any case, Consumer Reports opinion/recommendation apparently doesn't much matter, people are obviously ignoring their advice.
    Shoot, ont only are (some) people ignoring their advice, some are even pretending they're somehow lying.
    It's like some show the same personality of whom they follow.
    They first say it's untrue, then when there's no denying it, they move to another excuse.
    Oh well... I had only posted in this thread because I found it interesting iPhone on Verizon is having the same issues as they had on Att.
    But, I think you guys are correct; it doesn't matter to those who want an iPhone.
    It reminds of a time I was in the Att store; a teen was with her mother and wanted an iPhone.
    The guy pointed out a possible alternative.
    The mother looked at the daughter, and the daughter said in a whiny voice: "But I want an iPhone"
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The mother looked at the daughter, and the daughter said in a whiny voice: "But I want an iPhone"
    And the whiny voices have spoken:
    It's not true, we fixed it, ok we fixed something else, everyone has the same problem turns out ours isn't so bad, they're exaggerating, we love our phone, so you should too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    And...
    with that,
    this thread has no place else to go..

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910