Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    ...clip...They also need an eye catching slogan to go with it ...clip...
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/240102-i-just-thought-new-slogan-palm.html
  2.    #22  
    They need a new slogan and a Mascot. My son loves the google Android and wants a Android action figure. I have had google shirts with the Android. Marketing is #1 . HP also needs to realize they need to lose alot of money at first. Lets rememember that Google does not charge handset makers for using Android. they know its better to not make money for now and get the market share up. then start charging a fee. ( they do get a percentage of app and phone sales).
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    They need a new slogan and a Mascot. My son loves the google Android and wants a Android action figure. I have had google shirts with the Android. Marketing is #1 . HP also needs to realize they need to lose alot of money at first. Lets rememember that Google does not charge handset makers for using Android. they know its better to not make money for now and get the market share up. then start charging a fee. ( they do get a percentage of app and phone sales).
    Google doesn't charge for Android because it's open source and I don't believe they make any money from hardware sales minus the Nexus 1.

Google makes all their money from search and targeted advertising. Having a mobile platform to push this further is what they want.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    if you're HP what are you advertising right now ??
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The thing is they can start promoting WebOS.
    Yup, that pretty much covers it.

Build some hype. Get people interested. Regardless of the year old hardware, it's WebOS they need to push because it has some serious advantages over the competition in some key areas. Even android can't compare to WebOS when it comes to multi-tasking.

Build hype, design a device, and get the next one pushed. HP has the resources to make this happen fast if they really want it to, and if they don't, they wasted the money they spent buying Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Yup, that pretty much covers it.

Build some hype. Get people interested. Regardless of the year old hardware, it's WebOS they need to push because it has some serious advantages over the competition in some key areas. Even android can't compare to WebOS when it comes to multi-tasking.

Build hype, design a device, and get the next one pushed. HP has the resources to make this happen fast if they really want it to, and if they don't, they wasted the money they spent buying Palm.
    without hardware (a phone) -- or even a pad -- they have nothing they can use to demonstrate webOS on, no implementation that wows, no product that people will come to the mall asking to handle.

An OS can't really be promoted without a product hook to demonstrate why its wonderful. People buy the product, not the OS.

No product -- no advertising.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    no matter what the future holds for HP/Palm phones (likely bleak, sadly), I'd be surprised if the name: "webOS" survives.

The brand has no cachet in the marketplace, no visibility, no value except amongst a very few (most of whom are reading this right now...).

By the time any hardware gets released that utilizes the OS formerly known as webOS, its visibility and value will be almost unmeasurable.

HP will either create an entirely fresh new name and ecosystem around what formerly was known as webOS (i.e. SynergyOS, for example), or (if they're idiots) create a brand that includes HP in its name -- like: osHP.

But I'm guessing that HP is not so idiotic as to use a name whose domain is already reserved (like webOS's was).
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/10/2010 at 05:20 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12