Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1.    #1  
    nice

    http://blog.laptopmag.com/down-goes-the-droid-incredible-palm-pre-plus-triumphs-again


    that said, let us not forget that android is unquestionably a compelling and strong platform that competes with, and outdoes webOS in many areas. I for one, hope that many of androids strengths force palm and HP to take notice and work at surpassing them.

    in the end, we all win with competition.

    that said, agian

    go Palm!
    Last edited by windzilla; 07/08/2010 at 12:47 PM.
  2. #2  
    heh...............800GHZ processor............I wish.
  3. #3  
    I like the image they made of the Pre knocking out the Incredible.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4. #4  
    This one made me literally LOL:
    Barack Obama:
    With the Pre Plus, yes we can. With the webOS community, yes we can. In the laptopmag polls, yes we have, and yes we will. Time for change. and that change is to give webOS the love and respect it deserves. Droid is fine, webOS is superfine.
    Yes we can!
    All I can say is, I had to work on an Android phone here at work this morning, and . . . yuck! How on EARTH do people stand to use that as their daily phone? App switching is clunky, app termination is cumbersome, and the "notifications" start with "N-O-T" for a reason.

    Yay, webOS!
  5. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    ...and the "notifications" start with "N-O-T" for a reason.
    um...what does "notifications" start with on WebOS?
  6. #6  
    Same letters, but for an entirely different reason. ;-)

    (Just work with me here.)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    um...what does "notifications" start with on WebOS?
    Starts with "elegant"


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    This one made me literally LOL:


    All I can say is, I had to work on an Android phone here at work this morning, and . . . yuck! How on EARTH do people stand to use that as their daily phone? App switching is clunky, app termination is cumbersome, and the "notifications" start with "N-O-T" for a reason.

    Yay, webOS!
    I still don't get it...Android is just an incremental upgrade from Winmo. I guess all the bling-bling robotic advertising on those Verizon commercials have brainwashed/blinded many. However, I'm eager to see what Android 3 brings with ex-webOS director at the UI helm.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I still don't get it...Android is just an incremental upgrade from Winmo. I guess all the bling-bling robotic advertising on those Verizon commercials have brainwashed/blinded many. However, I'm eager to see what Android 3 brings with ex-webOS director at the UI helm.
    I think it's more that it is outselling iPhone, offers an alternative to iPhone (and AT&T), and has some genuinely useful apps because so many people are developing for that platform.

    I agree it's not a great platform. But neither is windows and it has been 95% of the OS market for many years. defacto standards are often set by volume, not quality.

    remember the old joke: how many microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb? none, they would just declare darkness to be the new standard.

    Apple and Android are now sitting where microsoft used to be in terms of market influence. ironic considering Bill Gates bailed apple out of collapse about 10 years ago to keep from becoming a complete monopoly.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    This one made me literally LOL:

    ...

    Yay, webOS!
    I will confess that I wrote (at least) one of the quotes in that article. They knew who made multiple posts. hence the mention of "aliases" in the article...

    I will leave you to figure out which might have (allegedly) come from me...

    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I still don't get it...Android is just an incremental upgrade from Winmo.
    Sorry, but this strays into Palm "******" territory.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Sorry, but this strays into Palm "******" territory.
    Why is that? Maybe it's iPhone "******" territory.
  13. #13  
    We should respect all OS's. Peace and love dude <3


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I still don't get it...Android is just an incremental upgrade from Winmo. I guess all the bling-bling robotic advertising on those Verizon commercials have brainwashed/blinded many. However, I'm eager to see what Android 3 brings with ex-webOS director at the UI helm.
    I know! Instead of "cards", Android 3.0 will use "icons" and to close an app, you just swipe it sideways. To minimize, you hit a button on the top. Brilliant!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    nice

    Down Goes the Droid Incredible! Palm Pre Plus Triumphs Again!


    that said, let us not forget that android is unquestionably a compelling and strong platform that competes with, and outdoes webOS in many areas. I for one, hope that many of androids strengths force palm and HP to take notice and work at surpassing them.

    in the end, we all win with competition.

    that said, agian

    go Palm!
    I gotta hand it to you... this is the best thread title I have ever read.

    Not the funniest, mind you, but the best written.

    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I think it's more that it is outselling iPhone, offers an alternative to iPhone (and AT&T), and has some genuinely useful apps because so many people are developing for that platform.

    I agree it's not a great platform. But neither is windows and it has been 95% of the OS market for many years. defacto standards are often set by volume, not quality.

    remember the old joke: how many microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb? none, they would just declare darkness to be the new standard.

    Apple and Android are now sitting where microsoft used to be in terms of market influence. ironic considering Bill Gates bailed apple out of collapse about 10 years ago to keep from becoming a complete monopoly.
    All good pints...I think you nailed it why it's so popular...I agree with everything you said.
  17. #17  
    I honestly think that if they had placed the pre plus up against a more powerful android device such as the evo 4g or the droidx (which has yet to be released), we would all be humming a different tune. Sure, webOS is my favorite OS out there because of the amazing UI, but I don't think that the hardware shortcomings will persevere too much longer while android continues to push out new hardware all the time. HP/palm needs to get the ball rolling with a fresh new powerhouse hardware phone being supported by our wonderful webOS platform.
  18. #18  
    Love opinions from webOS users who use an Android phone for 5 minutes or maybe even a whopping day and declare it sucks. You don't fully get it until you customize it to your needs. Just like you've done to the Pre over how long? I zip around Android just as easy as I did webOS, and I have more access to info through various widgets. Widgets like PureCal put the Agenda app on here to shame ten times over. Google Voice? Seamless. You View doesn't come close. Docs To Go? Not even an option.

    And I'd have a hard time going back to the small screen of the Pre.

    Still love how webOS handles email and sms, but the rest of it, multitasking and elegance, are just fluff. Hope 1.5 brings some improved functionality and the new hardware comes to play. Otherwise it's going to remain a niche and won't have the support from 3rd parties it really needs. All the Blogger crap and polls in the world won't change that. Heck, Sprint is barely moving the originals for coin, and Verizon and AT&T are having a hard time pushing the Plus versions for free.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    I honestly think that if they had placed the pre plus up against a more powerful android device such as the evo 4g or the droidx (which has yet to be released), we would all be humming a different tune. Sure, webOS is my favorite OS out there because of the amazing UI, but I don't think that the hardware shortcomings will persevere too much longer while android continues to push out new hardware all the time. HP/palm needs to get the ball rolling with a fresh new powerhouse hardware phone being supported by our wonderful webOS platform.
    Only if the Palm entry was the upcoming Pre Super Plus running webOS 2.3
    Last edited by Workerb33; 07/08/2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Love opinions from webOS users who use an Android phone for 5 minutes or maybe even a whopping day and declare it sucks. You don't fully get it until you customize it to your needs. Just like you've done to the Pre over how long? I zip around Android just as easy as I did webOS, and I have more access to info through various widgets. Widgets like PureCal put the Agenda app on here to shame ten times over. Google Voice? Seamless. You View doesn't come close. Docs To Go? Not even an option.
    crogs! you are back! where have you been? good to see nothing's changed LOL
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions