Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This thread is just too funny, loving all of the comments from Android fans.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 07/10/2010 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Thanks!

It's like Android users/fans that are on this site can see people opinions from both perspectives, but Webos users/fans can only see it from their way and no other way. And if you disagree with them your a trolling ******.

note: I owned a Pixi for 5 months, for those who say I never owned a Webos phone.
    Last edited by koolkid09; 07/10/2010 at 03:08 PM.
    for those that don't know. I own phones and support phones in both camps. Actually just turned a coworker from a Hero to my Pixi. He's liking it, but misses the few PIM oriented widgets he relied on.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Thanks!

It's like Android users/fans that are on this site can see people opinions from both perspectives, but Webos users/fans can only see it from their way and no other way. And if you disagree with them your a trolling ******.

note: I owned a Pixi for 5 months, for those who say I never owned a Webos phone.

did you read the first post? because your observation is not true. there are fans of platforms, and then there are gadget nerds.

I am a gadget nerd, I like webOS, but i like good gadgets more. android and iOS gadgets are also good platforms that have great gadgets, I just don't happen to want them for my smartphone right now, I prefer WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    did you read the first post? because your observation is not true. there are fans of platforms, and then there are gadget nerds.

I am a gadget nerd, I like webOS, but i like good gadgets more. android and iOS gadgets are also good platforms that have great gadgets, I just don't happen to want them for my smartphone right now, I prefer WebOS.
    I'm talking about this forum overall. And overall the statement I made earlier is true. And I understand this is a Webos forum but the people here don't have to be so one sided and blind to the competition.

Trying to reason on this website is
    Ps, it's especially true in this thread because it was started to celebrate some positive exposure for the Pre Plus, and awesome unity from webOS fans. Nothing about that first post indicated that we wanted to hear any info or opinions about android or the skewed nature of P|C members (which are a self-selecting community).
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    ...sure we do. Personally I come here to get maximum value out of my webOS investment, and perhaps help a few others do the same. I definitely don't come here to be told that I've made a poor choice, that there is other great stuff I could have instead, and that webOS will never survive.

Every time I turn on the TV advertisers tell me about cars that are better than mine, vacations better than I take, more hair than I have, etc etc etc.

I get no benefit to also being bombarded with that crap here. If I want to learn about other platforms, there are sister sites that I can read. And based on market share I can ask most of my friends who have Android and iSheep phones. I don't need anyone volunteering to tell me what they think I should know. I'm an adult and I can get all of that info any time I need it. Ironically, I did that in January and that is how I ended up with the Pre Plus. Based on the choices today and my current needs, I'd do it again. If that changes, I'll pop over to androidcentral and let everyone know that I need some learnin' ...

I'll let you know if I'm lacking android info so you don't need to worry about making sure android fans post a constant stream of consciousness about a phone I'm not currently interested in. And to save you some time, I don't need to hear why BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche all make better cars than I have, or that the 2010 version of my car is soooo much better than the one I currently have. I appreciate your efforts to enlighten, but it's not necessary.

Thanks!
    First off I wasn't talking to you individually, I was talking about this whole forum as a whole. But you did just prove my point. Webos users/fans here are always on the defensive and always getting upset about things. You said you don't need anybody telling you anything. Most likely they are not talking to or about you but to the community as a whole. When people from Android of iphone or blackberry forums come over and share experiences from there phone and compare them you don't have to read them. People are posting about different platforms because there is nothing happening over here. It's dead.

And was it necessary to call the iphone an isheep phone. I'm assuming your upset of how much it sells. Or why people buy it.
    When you post in an open forum, you are talking to everyone. If you want a private conversation, there is this cool new "Private Message" thingy that's pretty sweet.

Didn't you read my post? I don't come here to find out what you think about a topic that isn't of interest. Try not to have such a high opinion of your opinion. I managed to get through a bunch of college degrees without knowing what android fans think. I think I'm grown up enough to go find those opinions when I need them.

There are more positive android threads on P|C than there are on AndroidCentral. That tells you a lot. It says that community isn't as unified or passionate - so please don't dilute it. And it says that P|C is much more accepting of android opinions. And there are a zillion threads here where you can post that stuff and be on topic.

One more time, in bold for emphasis, the OP was trying to celebrate some positive exposure for the Palm Pre, and a wonderful demonstration of how this community pulls together because most are passionate about webOS. If your post isn't contributing to that end, you are in the wrong thread.

My grandpa used to always say "you will always have opinions. it's generally true that others aren't interested."

So post away in the appropriate thread. PM people to your heart's content. Just let the OP and those celebrating with him have one place where we don't have to be subject to the "fairness doctrine" or provide "equal time" to opposing views as if this was a national TV network.
    Yea, I deffenily said I was talking to this community as a whole.

How do you not have an high opinion of your opinion? And what does college have to do with this?

I'm going to assume your were exaggerating with you believing there are more positve android post on here than androidcentral. Precentral more accepting of Android opinions? What!?!? People here get ****ed when Android, iphone, or anything not Webos is mentioned in a positive manner here. People don't talk about webos as much on other forms, because Webos is not relevant.

Somewhere this thread got off of what the OP was saying, but if the mods aren't going to say anything about it, then it doesn't matter. And it seems to me that your post aren't on topic from the OP so this thread isn't for you either.
    I just have to highlight this statement to make sure everyone reads it and really lets it soak in. Things are dead over there. Nothing is happening, No one cares. SO let's go annoy people in the Pre|Central forums. REALLY?
    R E A L L Y ? (use your Seth Meyers voice for that)

"Isn't that basically what gang members do for amusement? Nothing going on here, let's go into their territory and cause trouble."

All of this is off-topic, so I'm done with this thread. No celebrating around here now. Regardless of what the thread title might imply.
    I was saying that there is nothing happening over here at Precentral, So people are going to post about other platforms here at Precentral.
    WorkerB:

If you want to max out your webOS experience and revel in being a prehugger, then don't come to the "cross platform" sub forum. Plain and simple. Stick to the Pre and webOS forum. Problem solved. If this thread was started for rah rah purposes it should've been started in another subforum since many here actually like Android even if they don't hate webOS. Your isheep comment pretty much says you lack objectivity when it comes to talking about other OS's, so why bother to visit this section at all. enjoy your pre and maximize your webOS experience in the forums meant for that purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    WorkerB:

If you want to max out your webOS experience and revel in being a prehugger, then don't come to the "cross platform" sub forum. Plain and simple. Stick to the Pre and webOS forum. Problem solved. If this thread was started for rah rah purposes it should've been started in another subforum since many here actually like Android even if they don't hate webOS. Your isheep comment pretty much says you lack objectivity when it comes to talking about other OS's, so why bother to visit this section at all. enjoy your pre and maximize your webOS experience in the forums meant for that purpose.
    There is more than one thread in the cross-platform area. That's so we can have different topics and angles on the cross-platform genre. The point was to celebrate positive exposure as it pertained to a cross-platform contest. Read the title, read the OP. There is nothing sensible about turning every cross-platform thread into an opportunity to hear how wonderful android is.

Perhaps it belongs in a different area, and you can certainly PM a mod if that would make things better for you. If the OP mis-posted, that doesn't mean you should rush over and extol the virtues of android or tell me how the forums work.

I was excited about seeing the Pre win both of those little cross-platform contests. But, you have really harshed my mellow, dude.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    WorkerB:

it was originally posted in the pre forums by me. The mods of this site moved it to cross platform. Unless I forgot where I initially put it, which is possible, missplacing threads is a specialty of mine
    Yep, it was moved, by me if I recall correctly. It was posted originally in the right spot, but, perhaps predictably, it became an Android vs webOS thread, so I moved it.

Now it's starting to get personal, and isn't much use for illuminating the merits of the platforms, so I think it's time to close it out.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123