1.    #1  
    So I was watching this video comparing the iPhone 4 to the Nexus One's Android 2.2 browser, and decided to compare my Pre's (overclocked) browser to the results.

Considering our hardware is nearly a year and a half older than the iPhone4's and a year older than the Nexus One's, it held up remarkably well. It still came in 3rd to every test, but it only lagged behind a couple seconds. (Some of the time it seemed to be stuck loading, only to never fully load) But I was pretty impressed and I'm sure after a new model, our browser will be just as fast!

Anyone else get better results (if you compared/will compare)? Of course, not all wifi is created equal to what their results were, or mine.
    A year and a half older than the iPhone 4 and a year older than the nexus?

My EVO renders full (non-mobile) websites much faster and with better results (fewer formatting/display issues) when compared to my Pre. Having said that... the Pre does have a very solid browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    A year and a half older than the iPhone 4 and a year older than the nexus?

My EVO renders full (non-mobile) websites much faster and with better results (fewer formatting/display issues) when compared to my Pre. Having said that... the Pre does have a very solid browser.
    Yeah just try loading netcarshow.com on the EVO browser and the whole left side of the page refuses to be panned to. Inexusable for a platform with so many resources behind it.
    I have an Evo (as a secondary phone) and I noticed something strange about the browser(s) (Stock, Opera, and even Skyfire). I tried to book an airline ticket for my summer vacation through Student Travel Association (statravel --I don't have enough posts on my account to put links in this comment, just google it) and regardless of which browser I used, I couldn't for the life of me input my to/from destination cities in the required fields. I busted out my Pre, and it worked like a champ!

So for all you folks trying to compare browsers, I dare you, try booking a flight on your wonderful Androids (using that particular website, of course), while you're stuck pulling your hair out, I'll be loving my year-old Pre!!!

...just pointing my experience with the two different devices. If anyone knows what the problem with the Evo's browser(s) is, and knows how to fix the issue, please let me know.
    The most popular and best browser for Andoroid is Dolphin HD. so far every site that gave me issues on the stock browser works great on Dolphin. Also Dolphin has pop up blockers , Bookmark widget , Google servecies plugin etc. Much better then the Stock and Opera.
    I forgot to mention that I (now) exclusively use Dolphin HD Browser as well. It's in a whole other league when compared to the Pre's. Again, not that the Pre's is bad. Dolphin HD is just that much better (imo). I have also had numerous sites that would not work on the Pre, that work fine one Android (Stock and Dolphin HD). One of those being mobile banking site.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 07/12/2010 at 10:49 AM.