Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    So it appears android will get a complete ui overhaul near the end of the year. Thanks to some of the webOS gurus heading over to the android camp this should make android 3.0 more fluid like webOS. Although I'v never used android the consensus at least in this forum seems to be that the current android ui is "clunky" compared to webOS.

webOS 2.0 while not officially mentioned is inevitable if not mandatory to stay competitive. Although the ui is very slick it is lacking in the following areas, speed, customization, and voice command, to name a few.

Let the competition begin!
    yeah lets compare two versions of an OS what are not even out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    yeah lets compare two versions of an OS what are not even out yet.
    Why not?

I personally prefer the look of WebOS 2.0 over Android 3.0...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Why not?

Now that's funny.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Why not?

WebOs 2.0 already seems faster than Android 3, let's hope it's even faster by release time.
    android 3.0 has those action widgets which are actually kinda cool....but i think i prefer the new 3D cards on webOS 2.0 tho...jmo dont flame me!
    android 3 is behind the times. without 3d cards and the bump to print feature* they just aren't cutting it. google needs to wake up and realize its 5 months from now.

*seriously, HP how about adding card bumping to the mix. physically "bump" your device into another and it moves to the other device.

bump a card to a printer to print, bump a card to your tablet to transfer it onto your tablet at go from there. it would be awesome! if you decide to do this, could you let me in on your testing? i would sign an NDA.
    Why not?

I am an webOS guy....but the FACT is that, when comparing these two, webOS is only 2/3 of Android.

I want my other 33% (or, in fact, a 50% increase in the webOS version)

Palm has let us down!!!!
    yes, but webOS is growing faster because 2.0 is a 100% increase over 1.0 whereas 3.0 is only a 50% increase over 2.0

So android is cleary losing momentum.

I've also heard that HP will adopt the microsoft naming convention, which is to alternate between calendar years and single digits. That makes the next version webOS 2011, followed by webOS Phone8, etc. That's way better than 3.0
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I've also heard that HP will adopt the microsoft naming convention, which is to alternate between calendar years and single digits. That makes the next version webOS 2011, followed by webOS Phone8, etc. That's way better than 3.0
    Honestly I threw up in my mouth a bit when I said "WebOS Phone8" I sincerely hope that's not the name they'll give it
    Y'All don't know what you're talking about.

webOS 2.0 will have been the last time Rubinstein is going to have failed me! There won't be new hardware until 2013 at least, and all 2.0 is going to do is make it slower and buggier.

And Android 3.0, don't get me started. Now the homescreens can be put into a sort of 'card' mode. Stagnation.

I'm jumping ship to BADA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Honestly I threw up in my mouth a bit when I said "WebOS Phone8" I sincerely hope that's not the name they'll give it
    I was TOTALLY kidding. Long day, which reduces the effectiveness of the humor filter on my keyboard. I've always hated the way Microsoft names product, and switches paradigms every time the feel like it...

especially with years, as if these are model years and cars...

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Y'All don't know what you're talking about.

webOS 2.0 will have been the last time Rubinstein is going to have failed me! There won't be new hardware until 2013 at least, and all 2.0 is going to do is make it slower and buggier.

And Android 3.0, don't get me started. Now the homescreens can be put into a sort of 'card' mode. Stagnation.

I'm jumping ship to BADA!!!
    I can't tell from your post. Do you realize that everything in this thread is tongue-in-cheek nonsense? I don't know what BADA is, but I hope it's in the same spirit of silliness throughout this thread...

Reserve yours today!
    I can't tell from your post. Do you realize that everything in this thread is tongue-in-cheek nonsense? I don't know what BADA is, but I hope it's in the same spirit of silliness throughout this thread...

My previous post was serious...
    anything but, android is still growing and to tell you the truth im happy about it, think about it the enemy of my enemy is my friend!!!
    I actually prefer webOS 3.0 over Android 3.0 and IOS3
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    yes, but webOS is growing faster because 2.0 is a 100% increase over 1.0 whereas 3.0 is only a 50% increase over 2.0

So android is cleary losing momentum.

I've actually thought about this, how cool would it be if webOS versions started to be named after fighter jets or helicopter like the OC kernels. All my droid totin' friends recently posted on facebook something similar to "FROYO!", how cool would it be if I got to reply with: "Have fun with your frozen yogurt, I just upgraded to F 105 thunderchief!"

actually scratch that...because it is webOS, it would be logical to name it after current internet memes. I realize this would never happen, but still.
    I think code names are silly in the first place. Why have a code name if everyone knows what it is?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    code names don't always equate directly to a product... It's usually more of a project name...
    btw, android 3 went with the spinning orb launcher like they are using in the commercials. Webos is going with a rubics cube model because people didn't like the round corners.

it also lends to the impression that webos users are smarter, and that android users are animatrons.

best thing about webos 2 is that it is archtected to accept commands in morse code. You can just tap nervously on your desk or steering wheel and send commands to the webos phone in your pocket...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast