Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ^^ Droid users are smart, WebOS users are intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by mikedrewitt View Post
    anything but, android is still growing and to tell you the truth im happy about it, think about it the enemy of my enemy is my friend!!!
    Why is iOS your enemy anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    android 3 is behind the times. without 3d cards and the bump to print feature* they just aren't cutting it. google needs to wake up and realize its 5 months from now.

*seriously, HP how about adding card bumping to the mix. physically "bump" your device into another and it moves to the other device.

bump a card to a printer to print, bump a card to your tablet to transfer it onto your tablet at go from there. it would be awesome! if you decide to do this, could you let me in on your testing? i would sign an NDA.
    Duuude I love this feature sooo much! Also the way my pre went out RIP my friend, RIP.

It's just not cool having android. Pfft, look at 'em and there 89% market share. We're the best and people just aren't smart enough to get it... besides up 10 fold to 1.5% take that Meego (1%)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    android 3 is behind the times. without 3d cards and the bump to print feature* they just aren't cutting it. google needs to wake up and realize its 5 months from now.

*seriously, HP how about adding card bumping to the mix. physically "bump" your device into another and it moves to the other device.

bump a card to a printer to print, bump a card to your tablet to transfer it onto your tablet at go from there. it would be awesome! if you decide to do this, could you let me in on your testing? i would sign an NDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Duuude I love this feature sooo much! Also the way my pre went out RIP my friend, RIP.

It's just not cool having android. Pfft, look at 'em and there 89% market share. We're the best and people just aren't smart enough to get it... besides up 10 fold to 1.5% take that Meego (1%)

looks like we might get it!
    from this engadget leak
    HP / Palm tablet to feature Touchstone dock, cloud storage, Beats audio and Tap-to-Share smartphone integration -- Engadget

The survey also mentions "Tap-to-Share." A feature that lets users easily transfer a website, document, or song from the phone to the tablet (or vice versa) simply by tapping the two devices together -- something previously hinted at in the last bullet on this slide which describes an ability to seamlessly move app and content experiences from phone or PC to slate.
    There are four lights.
    How much of a lead do any of you think any of these OS's will really keep. Features will be copied and implemented on competing devices. Look what's happening with cards. Look what happened between Mac and PC.

I think Android has more potential. Not because it's better than WebOS now or in the future, but because it's backed by Google and used on myriad devices. Those two facts have led to developers being required to code their apps in Android as well as iOS. Until WebOS reaches that status (and I don't see how if HP is the only hardware maker), it's really no contest.

I think WebOS tablets and phones have will have great features. I prefer my pre to a Droid (mainly on form-factor grounds). However, I imagine there will be an Android phone integrated with Google services on which all apps will run and be part of an ecosystem I can join. My IT department will have to support Android, but not so much with WebOS.

Of course, all this could change, but I'm not seeing it and Palm has much to do to prove that it will change. HP is an enterprise player. It's like getting bought by dell, but not quite as good. PalmOS turned out to be good with enterprise and maybe WebOS will be too. Competing with iOS and Apple for the consumer is a different ballgame.
    When Palm was on sale and waiting for a suitor, I rememeber there was a crazy rumour of Palm merging webOS with Android. I remember feeling like... no. But after using Android with Sense, I think I would like to have the 7 home screens with widgets and live wallpaper and shortcuts, etc. --- to be used as webOS's launcher and background --- and have the same webOS ecosystem of cards and gestures floating over top.

I usually keep my Pre home screen clear when I am not using it. It would be nice to have Android as my background (at a glance exhibition) Then when I have cards open, I could swipe up to bring the 7 home screens to the foreground. And when I swipe up again, the home screens would slip behind the card scene.

It is fun to navigate between apps and multitask on webOS, and it is fun to navigate your home screens on Android.

Since Android is open source, could Palm just use the code for free? I wonder if it is even possible? I wonder if it am all alone on this one?

Sent via EVO Wishing it had webOS using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I can see why some people would like it, but for me, having something over the other like that would drive me crazy.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12