Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Apple Admits iPhone 4 Reception Woes Are Hardware-Related - PCWorld

It was only a matter of time. The evidence was already there. Sorry Apple f-a-n-b-o-i-s
    Can we file this under "Duh"?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    now if they can only fix it! BTW, are the phanboyz calling for Jobs to resign?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    this just in:

Leaping From Golden Gate Bridge Lessens Longevity

Apple drones ought be piissed at how they've been lied and condescended to, at the audacity to presume to sell you 30 cents of rubbers for $30 -- to repair their own design defect.

Ought to be -- but Steve's mind control is too strong.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Can we file this under "Duh"?
    +1

Exactly, been saying it from day 1.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Workerb33, that avatar is awesome!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    I will be posting "tips on consuming crow"..... ;-)
    the amount brainwashing is sooo deep, that possibly apple themselves admitting the hardware flaw will not be enough to convince the zombies...
    Well, this is why I never buy anything 1st Gen!

For many people, its a non issue, but for those it impacts, they should be ****ed - and rightfully, get their money back (as I am sure they will).
    Just curious, anybody in this thread actually own or use an iPhone 4?

The antenna issue is so overblown. Perhaps I'm in a strong signal area, but I never get any dropped calls, even when I show zero bars. I'm sure I will be attacked here, because I'm not following the "hate apple plan". As I have said, I am actually having a far bigger problem with the proximaty sensor not working right than any antenna issues.

Still, apple deserves some heat over the antenna issue. It has definitely put a bad spin on an incredible device.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    I will be posting "tips on consuming crow"..... ;-)
    the amount brainwashing is sooo deep, that possibly apple themselves admitting the hardware flaw will not be enough to convince the zombies...
    What does it say about the competition when iPhone owners would rather stick with a device with a "bad" antenna then switching to something else? For many of these people there is no viable alternative.
    Some of those people either know no better or are indeed sheep. But then again, AT&T has lackluster phones for the most part. If you don't to want to pay the $325 early termination fee, better stick with what you have. Even if you did get another phone, there's not much AT&T smartphone choice except Blackberry and Pre. The Captivate hasn't been released yet and the Aria is kind of small. Although some could probably deal with it. And don't even think of getting the 1.5 Backflip in July of 2010.

So did you exchange the phone if the proximity sensor isn't working right?

P.S. I think the $325 kicks in after 30 days. but even within the 30 days, if you change phones, your choices are a bit "meh". Or if you ported your number from another carrier, now you'd have to move again if you give up the iPhone and don't like any of AT&T's other phones. It's easier to stay with what you have, thanks to restrictive 2 year contracts.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 07/07/2010 at 08:48 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    So every iPhone user is a "sheep"? The millions of iPhone users "just don't know any better"? Or could it just be that most iPhone users love the ease of the OS, the availability of the apps they love and rely on, and actual like very much the iTunes ecosystem. In what evidence do you base your sheep comments on?

I think a good start for the likes of android and blackberry would be to make a better music player. Lots of people actually use their iPhones as an iPod.

The proximity sensor problem seems to be a common complaint among iPhone 4 owners. I am hoping it can be fixed via a software update. Very frustrating.
    Big Deal I say. It's still a very nice phone, with a lot of neat features. I totally respect the design and the team behind it. I develop for iPhone and when I get one for work, I'm sure I'll just put a piece of tape on the side so that my hands won't touch the to bands together. I'm not going to replace my beloved Pre with it, it's free so I guess I take it for granted. Again, nice phone and I would consider that a quirk of the design, just deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So every iPhone user is a "sheep"? The millions of iPhone users "just don't know any better"? Or could it just be that most iPhone users love the ease of the OS, the availability of the apps they love and rely on, and actual like very much the iTunes ecosystem. In what evidence do you base your sheep comments on?

I think a good start for the likes of android and blackberry would be to make a better music player. Lots of people actually use their iPhones as an iPod.

The proximity sensor problem seems to be a common complaint among iPhone 4 owners. I am hoping it can be fixed via a software update. Very frustrating.
    Apparently you missed the "some". I didn't say "every".
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Apparently you missed the "some". I didn't say "every".
    Yep. Your right.
    Just curious, anybody in this thread actually own or use an iPhone 4?

The antenna issue is so overblown. Perhaps I'm in a strong signal area, but I never get any dropped calls, even when I show zero bars. I'm sure I will be attacked here, because I'm not following the "hate apple plan". As I have said, I am actually having a far bigger problem with the proximaty sensor not working right than any antenna issues.

Still, apple deserves some heat over the antenna issue. It has definitely put a bad spin on an incredible device.
    Apparently, it's not just dropped calls, but it slows down data transmission as well. If I owned an iPhone 4, it wouldn't be overblown to me because I hate getting and loving a device only to find it has a DESIGN flaw as opposed to a build quality defect (Pre has both, unfortunately).

But several people have said being in a strong signal area obviates the issue for many. If you're not personally affected, why should you care? But lots of people are, unfortunately. I take no joy in other people getting bum devices.
  17.    #17  
    I made the same post on TipB and they banned me. Typical applesque behavior; If you cover it up, maybe it'll go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    I made the same post on TipB and they banned me. Typical applesque behavior; If you cover it up, maybe it'll go away.
    Why do I have a feeling that was not the reason you were banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Apparently, it's not just dropped calls, but it slows down data transmission as well. If I owned an iPhone 4, it wouldn't be overblown to me because I hate getting and loving a device only to find it has a DESIGN flaw as opposed to a build quality defect (Pre has both, unfortunately).

But several people have said being in a strong signal area obviates the issue for many. If you're not personally affected, why should you care? But lots of people are, unfortunately. I take no joy in other people getting bum devices.
    I really don't think it's going to affect most iPhone users that much. Especially those that use a case.

Today will be a good test for me, I'm going to lower manhattan. It's never been a strong AT&T location.
  20.    #20  
    Why do I have a feeling that was not the reason you were banned?
    It's funny when someone has a different opinion about the iphone, they call it trolling. I call it censorship.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast