Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79
  1. #41  
    Dropping calls completely depends on a lot of variables...the simple fact that the reception degrades so much is the issue here. You yourself admit to making calls with 0 bars. The effects of contact with an antenna are well know in the engineering community and when they announced this as a feature even I was like what? Apple does extensive testing and no doubt knew about this but its likely that placing the antennas in the phone would have made it no longer the thinnest. The solution was to invent a $30 rubber band (bumper) that would solve the problem and bring in revenue from it. Anyway you look at it apple just spit in the face of everyone who buys their products. You all lined up outside a store days early for a defective phone that you will stand by no matter what. If this was any other phone like the palm pre for instance it would be an immediate failure and returns would be skyrocketing. On a side note the guy I work next to got an iphone launch day and says he hasnt been on the phone longer than 10mins without it dropping the call. This is in NY. Im guessing that locations with a lot of interference make the signal strength more critical. He also says his old iphone dropped calls but not as often. I will admit that I use 10mins of call time and send like a million texts so this wouldnt even bother some people. But I can imagine it effects internet browsing speed and everything else. Anyway it was a bad move on apples part and you should all be furious at them for this. Dont make excuses to justify apples cause because they did know and someone decided to sell a problem as a feature to make even more money off of you because they knew you'd line up outside either way.
  2.    #42  
    Amen Bigwood... Lined up like cattle for the slaughter house.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    Well iphone users are defiantly touchy. I was banned from Tipb for creating this same post in there. They called trolling. Apparently they have a zero tolerance for anyone who has a negative opinion about the "Jesus Phone". I myself have witnessed this issue first hand when I asked my brother-in-law to see his phone. I downloaded the speed test app and sure enough, when you hold it in the "kill zone" ping times skyrocked, and speeds were pitiful. When you let go, lo-and-behold, signal bars came back and the speed test was running well. I repeated it like 5 times.

    If your left hand has any moisture on it what-so-ever, good luck. People with dry skin probably have less of an issue.
    They take that from their leader (Jobs Almighty). You can notice that sites selling the iPhone (such as AT&T) don't allow user reviews for iPhones. User reviews for everything else, but not Apple products. Nothing negative is allowed, in spite of the power of community, user experience, and the very success of apple coming from grass-roots enthusiasm. They shut off any potential negative review even though they give up the right to anything positive at the same time.

    How arrogant to say "everyone knows it's great, so reviews aren't needed" and literally stop any potential negative message. Same reason Ellen Degeneres had to apologize for a simple iPhone spoof she did once on the show. That's a serious bunch of narcissists running that company. Truly amazing.

    That wouldn't stop me from buying their stuff if it met me needs, but it would sure keep me from blowing my credibility by defending their every breath or fart.

    There is a documentary on hulu.com called "macheads" that is a must-watch for people on either side of the aisle. highly recommended.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  4. #44  
    @bigwood

    I agree. I regularly talk to a BUNCH of iPhone users in my work. I can always tell an iPhone by the call quality, and calls are dropped with a high regularity. I can usually tell when talking to someone for the first time or who just got an iPhone. I'll say "are you talking on an iPhone?" and they are always surprised "how could you tell?"

    I just laugh it off so I don't insult them. But I can definitely tell. They have their own signature voice sound, and they fade in and out several times before dropping. I think its funny that AT&T has been blamed for so long and it is now clear that SOME of it is due to hardware. Apple just acknowledged that as part of the patch they are planning to distribute. Very funny.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Ignorance, hype and it was the only touchscreen out with a decent web browser and exchange support. I got it on release day and got sick of it a few months later. I should have known better. I had constant crashes, freezes and reboots and the volume would rise on its own after the latest update from crApple. I hated itunes with a passion and the battery life was horrible. I felt happiest when I sold it on ebay for $250. Never again.
    How to get along with your iPhone, LOL!

    1. Jailbreak it and make it yours for real. It's not that hard if you pay attention to what you're doing(putting it into DFU mode). The software does the work for you.

    2. For syncing without the iTunes mess, use Media Monkey(music only) or Double Twist or JR Media center(paid software though). Only use iTunes when you abolutely have to. Like backups and software updates.

    3. Return any phone not working for a new one if still under warranty. I had to exchange 2 iPhone 3Gs.

    4. Battery life, can't help there, lol!

    As for hype, sure. But the phone itself isn't really the problem IMO. It's the restrictions placed on it. Remove those and use the phone the way you want. And recently, they finally got the firmware up to date with everyone else, lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #46  
    Please be careful with the generalizations about iPhone users. I'm one and have never called this the greatest phone ever. Best screen I've used yet, sure. Best phone before firmware 3.1.3, absolutely not!!

    It's still not the best to deal with IMO. Because I don't like closed and restricted use. I'm still amazed that background wallpaper can't be enabled on 3G(on iOS4), simple background wallpaper. Yet even my old WM phones from years ago could do that! When a stable jailbreak comes for iOS4, I'm on it. Or I'll just get a used 3GS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How to get along with your iPhone, LOL!

    1. Jailbreak it and make it yours for real. It's not that hard if you pay attention to what you're doing(putting it into DFU mode). The software does the work for you.

    2. For syncing without the iTunes mess, use Media Monkey(music only) or Double Twist or JR Media center(paid software though). Only use iTunes when you abolutely have to. Like backups and software updates.

    3. Return any phone not working for a new one if still under warranty. I had to exchange 2 iPhone 3Gs.

    4. Battery life, can't help there, lol!

    As for hype, sure. But the phone itself isn't really the problem IMO. It's the restrictions placed on it. Remove those and use the phone the way you want. And recently, they finally got the firmware up to date with everyone else, lol.
    Yeah I knew about jailbreaking and whatnot but back then it was still relatively new and I just needed a dependable smartphone that was speedy for my job. I had less issues with the earlier firmware (can't remember) but it just got progressively worse with every update. At one point it was unclear if the issue was software or hardware related but I was not alone. I realized soon after getting it though, the Apple 'ecosystem' was just not for me. It was cool for the first couple months but it wore off quickly after the limitations, performance problems and general attitude of Apple towards its user base became more apparent.

    I'm not knocking all iPhone users though. I know quite a few myself who are very open minded and are not afraid to admit there are problems. They enjoy the Apple way but aren't blind followers.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  8. #48  
    Well said Bigwood212!! Apple is just as greedy as all the rest and in some cases probably worse.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So every iPhone user is a "sheep"? The millions of iPhone users "just don't know any better"? Or could it just be that most iPhone users love the ease of the OS, the availability of the apps they love and rely on, and actual like very much the iTunes ecosystem. In what evidence do you base your sheep comments on?

    I think a good start for the likes of android and blackberry would be to make a better music player. Lots of people actually use their iPhones as an iPod.

    The proximity sensor problem seems to be a common complaint among iPhone 4 owners. I am hoping it can be fixed via a software update. Very frustrating.
    you are not the avg iphone user. I support 200 users_ many that are iphone users. They swear it's the best because it just is... Only 2 have a clue. It's a great phone. the issue now with iphone4 release has been plaqued with problems. Many iphone supporters on this site were toughting apple hardware quality and their R. And D excellent... They bagged hard on pre hardware issues. This latest release is an embarasement for apple... And many of it's staunch supporters. The phone is beautiful... But having to put it into a case for it to have better functionality is unnacceptable for apple standards. Every launch has it's issues...the reason apple is getting criticized is ,imo, because of the arrogance of steve jobs the control freak.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    you are not the avg iphone user. I support 200 users_ many that are iphone users. They swear it's the best because it just is... Only 2 have a clue. It's a great phone. the issue now with iphone4 release has been plaqued with problems. Many iphone supporters on this site were toughting apple hardware quality and their R. And D excellent... They bagged hard on pre hardware issues. This latest release is an embarasement for apple... And many of it's staunch supporters. The phone is beautiful... But having to put it into a case for it to have better functionality is unnacceptable for apple standards. Every launch has it's issues...the reason apple is getting criticized is ,imo, because of the arrogance of steve jobs the control freak.
    Well, I support thousands of iPhones. In addition I support thousands of blackberry's. Our iPhone program is still considered a pilot. Each day we field lots of emails from iPhone and iPad users asking to join. I can count on one hand the amount of android users asking to join. Also, we find once a user has switched from a blackberry to an iPhone, they never ask to switch back. I have heard nothing from our iPhone 4 users claiming any anger or dissatisfaction with the iPhone 4 signal. We run an internal discussion board on a sharepoint site for our pilot; not one post about the signal issue I guess they are all brainwashed.

    I do agree, it probably an embarrasement for Apple, but I still think this whole thing is overblown. The worst part is now I find myself always trying to make the bars disappear. Apple still needs to fix my proximity sensor.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Well, I support thousands of iPhones. In addition I support thousands of blackberry's. Our iPhone program is still considered a pilot. Each day we field lots of emails from iPhone and iPad users asking to join. I can count on one hand the amount of android users asking to join. Also, we find once a user has switched from a blackberry to an iPhone, they never ask to switch back. I have heard nothing from our iPhone 4 users claiming any anger or dissatisfaction with the iPhone 4 signal. We run an internal discussion board on a sharepoint site for our pilot; not one post about the signal issue I guess they are all brainwashed.

    I do agree, it probably an embarrasement for Apple, but I still think this whole thing is overblown. The worst part is now I find myself always trying to make the bars disappear. Apple still needs to fix my proximity sensor.
    the reason it maybe overblown imo...is the apple prprpr $and$ $arrogance$. $They$ $earned$ $that$ $rep$ $on$ $their$ $own$.
    I work in a 300k employee global company. I support BB. Ask any of my users if they would rather have an iphone and would would guess over 90 % would say yes. Will my company ever support iphone? Never....for obviuos reasons
  12. #52  
    Friend store and iStore. The two newest apple initiatives. You absolutely have to watch this:

    New Apple Friend Bar Gives Customers Someone To Talk At About Mac Products | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    the reason it maybe overblown imo...is the apple prprpr $and$ $arrogance$. $They$ $earned$ $that$ $rep$ $on$ $their$ $own$.
    I work in a 300k employee global company. I support BB. Ask any of my users if they would rather have an iphone and would would guess over 90 % would say yes. Will my company ever support iphone? Never....for obviuos reasons
    That's what I thought, until our CEO asked us why he couldn't get his corporate email on his iPhone. That's all it took.
  14. #54  
    ^^^^

    be sure you watch that video. I still haven't stopped laughing...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    That's what I thought, until our CEO asked us why he couldn't get his corporate email on his iPhone. That's all it took.
    would take alot more than that to convince a corporation with our scale to spend more money on another phone...to do the samething bb does...but with better entertainment. Forget about the massive expense in switching the support from bb to iphone... That was one of the obvious reasons . I have more .
    it would take the scake of a company like...omg , HP, to penetrate a corporation of our size. Negotiate a package discount on printers, desktops , monitor and pc's.... And include webos phones that would connect their employees in a way iphone / BB cannot...web OS
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    would take alot more than that to convince a corporation with our scale to spend more money on another phone...to do the samething bb does...but with better entertainment. Forget about the massive expense in switching the support from bb to iphone... That was one of the obvious reasons . I have more .
    it would take the scake of a company like...omg , HP, to penetrate a corporation of our size. Negotiate a package discount on printers, desktops , monitor and pc's.... And include webos phones that would connect their employees in a way iphone / BB cannot...web OS
    +1

    Durability also has to be considered with so many users. With reports of iPhones shattering, the cost of replacement will have to be looked at. On the other hand BBs are light and can usually take a beating. Another thing is a possible decrease in productivity as users will be more inclined to play with their new toys more during work hours unless they can be locked down which I'm not sure is possible yet. Eventually though, IOS and Android will slowly chip away at BB's hold on the corporate world but it's going to be a rather slow process.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    would take alot more than that to convince a corporation with our scale to spend more money on another phone...to do the samething bb does...but with better entertainment. Forget about the massive expense in switching the support from bb to iphone... That was one of the obvious reasons . I have more .
    it would take the scake of a company like...omg , HP, to penetrate a corporation of our size. Negotiate a package discount on printers, desktops , monitor and pc's.... And include webos phones that would connect their employees in a way iphone / BB cannot...web OS
    Not really sure about that. I work for a fortune 500 company. We did a pretty large TCO review when we started to consider iPhones and found that it would actually save the company a small fortune is we converted 100 percent from blackberry to an activesync infrastructure.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Not really sure about that. I work for a fortune 500 company. We did a pretty large TCO review when we started to consider iPhones and found that it would actually save the company a small fortune is we converted 100 percent from blackberry to an activesync infrastructure.
    grasping.... I did mention cost was only one of the reasons... And to implement a change of that magnitude.... It would have to be a major cost savings to consider the switch.
    ok. Even if activesync was to be implemented... Iphone would not be in the top 3 choices considered. If your argument is active sync vs BES...that is still a hard sell to a company of 300k global. But to convert to activesync...you can still use BB's... So why would they switch to of all phones... One of the most fragile...iphone?
    fortune 500? How does that factor into this ?
    I state the size of my company because it is a huge factor in this discussion....
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Friend store and iStore. The two newest apple initiatives. You absolutely have to watch this:

    New Apple Friend Bar Gives Customers Someone To Talk At About Mac Products | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
    very cool --

    I especially like the after hours "iFriend" service -- so enlightened. This may well convert me into being an Appleista


    BTW -- maybe you should add this link to the other (better and) funnier thread ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    grasping.... I did mention cost was only one of the reasons... And to implement a change of that magnitude.... It would have to be a major cost savings to consider the switch.
    ok. Even if activesync was to be implemented... Iphone would not be in the top 3 choices considered. If your argument is active sync vs BES...that is still a hard sell to a company of 300k global. But to convert to activesync...you can still use BB's... So why would they switch to of all phones... One of the most fragile...iphone?
    fortune 500? How does that factor into this ?
    I state the size of my company because it is a huge factor in this discussion....

    Well for us, to eliminate or scale back the RIM license and support costs would be huge. In addition, there were just to many employees interested in giving up their blackberry for an iPhone. We just couldn't keep ignoring it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions