Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Many of the people around here don't use cases.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Just curious, anybody in this thread actually own or use an iPhone 4?
    The people most affected by the antenna issue dont actually own one. And this is what makes Apple such a unique company, the people who obsess over Apple most are the people who hate them.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The people most affected by the antenna issue dont actually own one. And this is what makes Apple such a unique company, the people who obsess over Apple most are the people who hate them.
    Yet Apple supporters more than any others visit forums for competitor devices to tout and defend the "greatness" of Apple products. That says an awful lot about their need for feel liked and assured by others if you ask me!

We get it, the iPhone is a very sweet device (I honestly do think so), but its not the one almost all of us here at PreCentral own. Bye bye.
    The people who feverishly defend them are just as obsessive. Maybe if in every forum there weren't those hell bent on 'proving' Apple's superiority, there wouldn't be such a backlash. Just maybe if Steve Jobs weren't such a dismissive ******, people would be less focused on trying to ridicule him. The bottom line is, Apple and many of their staunch advocates have made themselves a target.
    Last edited by darreno1; 07/08/2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    I beg to differ. The loudest complaints are from iPhone owners. They complain to me a lot. Ironically, the little-reported nugget that iPhone was overstating signal strength all along is making even die-hard owners angry. It turns out that Apple has been overstating signal strength for quite some time, and 3Gs owners have been blaming AT&T for a bug Apple apparently knew about.

Just wait until the fix is release and all those 3G and 3Gs users find out how bad the signal has been all this time....

But that's all going to work itself out when iPhone 5 is released. The prototype is depicted in my avatar to the left...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    The people who feverishly defend them are just as obsessive. Maybe if in every forum there weren't those hell bent on 'proving' Apple's superiority, there wouldn't be a such a backlash. Just maybe if Steve Jobs weren't such a dismissive ******, people would be less focused on trying to ridicule him. The bottom line is, Apple and many of their staunch advocates have made themselves a target.
    fyi, he isn't a "dismissive" *****, he is an awesome and magical ****.

I'm not sure what ***** is so I had to guess at the number of ** to use. But for sure, he is awesome and magical and the iPhanz don't know how to handle mistakes by awesome/magical people.

IMO

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    I made the same post on TipB and they banned me. Typical applesque behavior; If you cover it up, maybe it'll go away.
    If you go back, ask them if it's true that the CEO of AT&T recently married an Apple executive...

A friend went to the wedding and said the service was really nice, but the reception was terrible - especially when wearing the ring on the left hand...

Reserve yours today!
    I'm a little confused about the whole situation really - I believe that there is truly a hardware problem, and that it was a failure of Apple's testing department (and senior members, who I'm sure also knew about the problem before release).

However, of all my iPhone wielding friends, none of them have actually had dropped calls or drops in call quality because of this defect. Sure they can reproduce diminishing signal strength by gripping the bottom left metal plate, but in the normal use of the phone this doesn't seem to be a big problem.

So yes, Apple were very wrong to release a device with known hardware issues, and yes they were very wrong to lie about it to their loyal customers. But the hardware problem itself (I suspect) is not nearly as crippling as it's made out to be.

So yes, I'm defending the iPhone. And actually I do tend to defend a lot of Apple's products - they're more often than not built to an excellent standard, robust and cutting edge. It has only ever been Apple as a corporation; their culture, their prices and their arrogance that I've hated.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I'm a little confused about the whole situation really - I believe that there is truly a hardware problem, and that it was a failure of Apple's testing department (and senior members, who I'm sure also knew about the problem before release).

However, of all my iPhone wielding friends, none of them have actually had dropped calls or drops in call quality because of this defect. Sure they can reproduce diminishing signal strength by gripping the bottom left metal plate, but in the normal use of the phone this doesn't seem to be a big problem.

So yes, Apple were very wrong to release a device with known hardware issues, and yes they were very wrong to lie about it to their loyal customers. But the hardware problem itself (I suspect) is not nearly as crippling as it's made out to be.

So yes, I'm defending the iPhone. And actually I do tend to defend a lot of Apple's products - they're more often than not built to an excellent standard, robust and cutting edge. It has only ever been Apple as a corporation; their culture, their prices and their arrogance that I've hated.
    Exactly, but that won't mean anything to the haters here. Yes, if I look for it, I can duplicate the signal drop. In real world use though I don't drop any more calls than I did before.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Exactly, but that won't mean anything to the haters here. Yes, if I look for it, I can duplicate the signal drop. In real world use though I don't drop any more calls than I did before.
    ...which is to say you always dropped lots of calls, so it couldn't get any worse. right?

Reserve yours today!
    BTW the signal issue does not only affect voice but also data (for those who might have forgotten that voice data isn't the only data on a smartphone). So yeah, in a strong enough area calls may degrade but not drop however data transfer will also be affected. So if you're streaming your favorite music or browsing, those will be affected as well:

Apple iPhone 4 plagued by 3G data connectivity issues? « Boy Genius Report
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    ...which is to say you always dropped lots of calls, so it couldn't get any worse. right?
    If maybe twice a month is a lot, then we agree.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The people who feverishly defend them are just as obsessive. Maybe if in every forum there weren't those hell bent on 'proving' Apple's superiority, there wouldn't be such a backlash. Just maybe if Steve Jobs weren't such a dismissive ******, people would be less focused on trying to ridicule him. The bottom line is, Apple and many of their staunch advocates have made themselves a target.
    There's a big difference between defending a product you like and attacking a product you hate. And the aggression displayed in your posts display this because most people simply ignore the things they aren't interested in.
    There's a big difference between defending a product you like and attacking a product you hate. And the aggression displayed in your posts display this because most people simply ignore the things they aren't interested in.
    Actually you're not obligated to defend their products. It's something you seem driven to do each and every time something even remotely negative is said about them. That IS an obsession whether you see it that way or not. And my hatred for Apple and their prducts in general is nothing I try to hide. I'll readily admit I bash them whenever I believe they deserve it and they certainly do right now. You're right I'll never buy their products just like I wont buy an Acura but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion, positive or negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post

I agree with you 100 %. The phone works... The design is flawed.
    I agree with evry staement you made on this post. It is exactly how I feel about this issue and apple. Thank you for expressing it.
    Actually you're not obligated to defend their products. It's something you seem driven to do each and every time something even remotely negative is said about them. That IS an obsession whether you see it that way or not. And my hatred for Apple and their prducts in general is nothing I try to hide. I'll readily admit I bash them whenever I believe they deserve it and they certainly do right now. You're right I'll never buy their products just like I wont buy an Acura but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion, positive or negative.
    What made you buy the iPhone 3G?
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    I agree with you 100 %. The phone works... The design is flawed.
    I agree with evry staement you made on this post. It is exactly how I feel about this issue and apple. Thank you for expressing it.
    funny thing... that is exactly what iPhone users say about anything that Steve Jobs ever says... (wink)

Reserve yours today!
  18.    #38  
    Well iphone users are defiantly touchy. I was banned from Tipb for creating this same post in there. They called trolling. Apparently they have a zero tolerance for anyone who has a negative opinion about the "Jesus Phone". I myself have witnessed this issue first hand when I asked my brother-in-law to see his phone. I downloaded the speed test app and sure enough, when you hold it in the "kill zone" ping times skyrocked, and speeds were pitiful. When you let go, lo-and-behold, signal bars came back and the speed test was running well. I repeated it like 5 times.

If your left hand has any moisture on it what-so-ever, good luck. People with dry skin probably have less of an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    What made you buy the iPhone 3G?
    Ignorance, hype and it was the only touchscreen out with a decent web browser and exchange support. I got it on release day and got sick of it a few months later. I should have known better. I had constant crashes, freezes and reboots and the volume would rise on its own after the latest update from crApple. I hated itunes with a passion and the battery life was horrible. I felt happiest when I sold it on ebay for $250. Never again.
    I usually average 2-3mbps down and 1-1.3 up with hardly a dropped call. Not using a case.

I think the increased speed and reception is great. Much better than what i got with a Sprint Pre.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast