1.    #1  
    Ok the name maybe lame but, why not have a webos gaming console. With the complex way gaming systems work now, ie surf the web, netflixs, messaging, music, and the list goes on. This sounds like perfect time to introduce a multitasking gaming consol. Do you all think this would be pointless or be a brillant idea? How do you all feel mulititasking could be used in a hp/plam gaming console? Whatelse would be needed to go against xbox playstaion and nintendo?
    Honestly

(and just being honest here)

It sounds like a horrible idea. Consoles already multi-task to a degree but to the degree most users would want to multi-task.

Also, HP entering the gaming market?

Suicide.
    Yea I don't think webos could make it in the gaming world. If there was a big enough window for a company to come in and compete with the PS3, 360, and Wii, then Apple would have tried already. I love webos and I do think the gaming consoles could use some multitasking and notification cues from it but I don't believe it could hold it's own in that market.
  4.    #4  
    I'm sure when sony just join the console race someone told them you can't compete with sega and nintendo.
    It was a different age with different budgets.
    Sure maybe as a handheld gaming system...but no to the home console system.
  7.    #7  
    psp competition. A hand held system with the ability to receive text messages, emails, download apps and browse the web? Sounds like a ipod and psp killer. Well only if we are talking psp quality games or beter. If that does very well then think about at home console.
    I just don't see what a WebOS handheld would do differently than an iPod Touch/iPhone.
    Beyond pointless, even with HP's money.
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    psp competition. A hand held system with the ability to receive text messages, emails, download apps and browse the web? Sounds like a ipod and psp killer. Well only if we are talking psp quality games or beter. If that does very well then think about at home console.
    In case you haven't noticed, the WebOS game library IS the iPod Touch game library minus a bazillion titles or so. iPod Touch KILLER? Hilarious....
  11.    #11  
    well it not being a phone would stop it from being against the iphone. And the ipod touch doesn't compare to psp gaming. One reason is it has no buttons. Another reason graphics on psp are better. And this webos handheld gaming system would be more on the psp level. I don't believe psp has text messaging and or emailing and that's where webos could use it multitasking ablilty and go above psp. I do understand these features have nothing to do with gaming but people love features even pointless ones. I just feel that webos with more development could do something great with a gaming console like it has for phones. Maybe I'm too much of a dreamer...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, the WebOS game library IS the iPod Touch game library minus a bazillion titles or so. iPod Touch KILLER? Hilarious....
    well we aren't talking about "app" games so I don't see where an app catolog has to do with a handheld gaming device that would play gaming disc or whatever.
    People love features = mostly true.
    People love multitasking = Have you looked at the last three quarters of WebOS sales?

It's great that people envision WebOS for gaming consoles, tablets, printers, whatever have you. But it needs to be finished and optimized for at least one platform - preferably phones - before they go about scaling it everywhere else.
    well we aren't talking about "app" games so I don't see where an app catolog has to do with a handheld gaming device that would play gaming disc or whatever.
    A disc media-based WebOS handheld console?!?! Uh...ok. Not sure who's dreaming about that besides you....
  15.    #15  
    People love features = mostly true.
    People love multitasking = Have you looked at the last three quarters of WebOS sales?

It's great that people envision WebOS for gaming consoles, tablets, printers, whatever have you. But it needs to be finished and optimized for at least one platform - preferably phones - before they go about scaling it everywhere else.
    I agree with you completely. I'm just blown away how this OS has changed my outlook on smartphones. I have always know about an iphone since the 1st one. I never owed one but when it came to os I didn't see anything different then any other phones. By this I mean the way it handles menus and messaging. But when I first seen the pre live the week it came out, I knew I had to have one cuz of the way it worked. It was different. It had style. But webos is what made it. I just feel so strongly that webos could do that for gaming as well. But like you said after it is "done"
  16.    #16  
    A disc media-based WebOS handheld console?!?! Uh...ok. Not sure who's dreaming about that besides you....
    is disc media-based webos handheld console that impossible or bad?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Nintendo has Mario and Zelda. Microsoft has Halo and Gears of War. Sony has Uncharted and Little Big Planet. The WebOS gaming platform will have...the guys from Paratrooper?
    The PSP's competition is the DS, and it's being beaten down big time. I'm not sure being closer to a PSP would help in that market.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    The PSP's competition is the DS, and it's being beaten down big time. I'm not sure being closer to a PSP would help in that market.
    I forgot about the DS. I feel the touch screen gives it it's edge. Plus the young fan base. I my self prefer psp over DS tho.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    Nintendo has Mario and Zelda. Microsoft has Halo and Gears of War. Sony has Uncharted and Little Big Planet. The WebOS gaming platform will have...the guys from
    Paratrooper?
    lol