Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I recently listened to some of the hype and picked up an Evo from Sprint. The problem is I had the Pre since July last year, thats pretty much the longest I have ever had any phone.

Its not even the processor, screen or the keyboard that I miss right now its the little things. I continually find myself swiping to no avail with Android and never realized how awesome universal search was till I no longer have it. And to be honest, the apps that the Pre does have seem to be of better quality.

I am really kinda stuck as to what to do. The screen size and battery life and the occasional slowness are really the only complaints I had with the Pre. Should I just return my Evo and wait it out? Battery life certainly isn't much better and while the screen is bigger on the Evo, I am not sure if its TOO big.

I could use some help if anyone else has tried to switch or has switched, not sure what I want to do yet.
    Come back to WebOS. The F105 kernel runs at a very smooth and stable 1ghz and is yielding my Pre excellent battery life.
    Didn't switch myself, but I know of a number of folks who tried out the Evo (and other Android devices) and pretty quickly switched back to webOS. So, you're not alone.

Nobody can say yet when the next generation webOS device will be released, and rumors have it anywhere from Aug/September to later in the year to early in 2011. I'm convinced we'll see something in the September-October timeframe, but of course I could be completely wrong.

However, I'll stick with my Pre until the next device is released, because webOS is just that darn good--even at 1.4.1.1. And we know that 1.5 (again, sometime in or by the fall) will be awesome. I'm usually pretty impatient myself when it comes to gadgets, but for some reason I just have no interest in moving away from webOS.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Come back home to WebOS
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Come back to WebOS...rumor has it H/Palm may be announcing a new device(s) on July 12th...just the thought of a new phone keeps me hanging on to my pre :-)
    Completely agree. The ability to doctor my phone with the information that I learned in this forum makes me completely happy with the PALM PRE. Of course some of its shortcomings (voice command, voice command, and voice commad hurt, but the rest of the phone is solid
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Quote Originally Posted by romeytang View Post
    I recently listened to some of the hype and picked up an Evo from Sprint. The problem is I had the Pre since July last year, thats pretty much the longest I have ever had any phone.

Its not even the processor, screen or the keyboard that I miss right now its the little things. I continually find myself swiping to no avail with Android and never realized how awesome universal search was till I no longer have it. And to be honest, the apps that the Pre does have seem to be of better quality.

I am really kinda stuck as to what to do. The screen size and battery life and the occasional slowness are really the only complaints I had with the Pre. Should I just return my Evo and wait it out? Battery life certainly isn't much better and while the screen is bigger on the Evo, I am not sure if its TOO big.

I could use some help if anyone else has tried to switch or has switched, not sure what I want to do yet.
    What part of Universal search do you not have on the Evo? I just tried on my homescreen, did a search for couple of items, a person, an app, and some calendar entries. The search brings it all up no problem.
    I do agree about quality of apps. There is a lot of crappy apps out there. I don't know if they have a standard of making apps look dark and ugly bezel. It took a while but I did find some good quality looking apps for my core apps.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I guess I just don't prefer the search on the Android OS.

Suppose I have to take another look at all the hacks I don't have on my Pre and just give it some time with the Evo. Still not sure if I prefer the software keyboard or not
    You aren't the first person to leave out universal search on android.

its a big glaring magnifying glass button. and its a true universal search vs. WebOS current way of doing it.