Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10 minutes to find the marketplace....?

I feel like people are reaching a bit sometimes when they start hating on android haha.

About the browser...i think on average you will find the current crop of android devices will have a faster browser than iPhone 3GS and Palm Pre. Its not a knock either...its just progression. Hell the Evo from videos i've seen is on par with the iPhone 4 and thats with Flash Lite enabled.
    Last edited by Brain Mantis; 07/07/2010 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    ...Android 2.1 just seemed too complicated. It takes so many steps just to do one thing. It literaly took me 10 mins just to find the android marketplace...
    Marketplace is on the center main Android screen by default so just tap that icon. One Click. 65,000 apps. Done.

It sounds like your friend may have removed that icon or moved it to another of the seven homescreen pages.

You can always find any app on Android this way as well: Tap the /\ (Apps button) then Marketplace.

How could they make it easier to get the the Marketplace app?

- Craig
    The reaching around here is getting completely out of hand. LOL.

10 minutes? I'd never owned a smartphone before and I was able to get to the market on my G1 in less than 30 seconds.

It's labeled "Market"
    Quote Originally Posted by davebu3 View Post

...HTC doesn't come out with slightly better hardware every two months. Sprint wanted a 4G phone, verizon doesnt, the EVO and Incredible are basically the same, trade screen size for quality (AMOLED)...
    well yeah, i guess i just mean with Android in general, there are a lot of phones that are basically the same. That kind of bugs me. And the fact that the updates are sooo fragmented. Its getting ridiculous.
    If that annoys you the Nexus One is there with top tier hardware and day of Android updates.

Thats the thing with Android, there is literally something for everyone. I do think each carrier needs a "dev" phone like the Nexus one so people have that choice of an unskinned phone.
    yes it took me that long, my friend hadn't changed anything on it so it was pretty hidden, it also may have just been me. Now it's on one of his pages so it's easy to find. My point is that android is just cluncky. Don't get me wrong the hardware is great the software is what's lacking.
    I still can't believe it took you that long. If its not on the homescreens its in the app drawer.

If you are saying you didn't know what it was called? Yeah sure. But even then...10 minutes...? At least have a better example of Android being clunky with say, no common design philosophy for apps.
    I've had a iphone, palm, hero, moment and now back to the hero. The new update for the hero is GREAT! Performance so much on hero now. That being said, I miss Webos! And really thinking about it, (and it might sound simple to you all) but android's Widgets are Palm's cards but not as dynamic. The widgets are not as active as webos cards. So the real question for me is, do I sell/trade my hero for a Pre, stick with the hero, or just wait for the Next webos device...well, maybe I'll see who wants a moment...
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    That is some harsh negative feedback!
    10 min to find the android marketplace?
    It's basically the same setup as the Palm Pre... That is... an icon/application used to launch the App Store...

BTW load up Dolphin HD browser and let me know if the browsers are still surprisingly similar.
    Does Dolphin HD support flashlite/full flash mod on the EVO, I guess you could run both and use the HTC browser when you want flash content but that seems like it would only increase fragmentation.

As for the fragmentation of android, its not that big of a deal in my opinion. My Hero will stay on 2.1 (unless I flash a custom rom) and my EVO will get 2.2, most likely 2.5 too. The fragmentation is really due to hardware limitations, the OS is evolving faster than the hardware is.
    Quote Originally Posted by davebu3 View Post
    Does Dolphin HD support flashlite/full flash mod on the EVO, I guess you could run both and use the HTC browser when you want flash content but that seems like it would only increase fragmentation.

As for the fragmentation of android, its not that big of a deal in my opinion. My Hero will stay on 2.1 (unless I flash a custom rom) and my EVO will get 2.2, most likely 2.5 too. The fragmentation is really due to hardware limitations, the OS is evolving faster than the hardware is.
    Yes, Flashlite/Flash work on the Dolphin Browser as well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12