Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 184
  1. #161  
    I think the best buy employee mislead your friend Samsung Moment was released in November (Nov 6 if I recall correctly) however it has an arm v6 processor a la Pixi running at 800 MHz Basically it has an overclocked iphone (original ) processor.

    Pre on the other hand has arm v7 based processor called Cortex A8. This processor was used in Droid, iphone 3GS and nokia 900. They are all running at about the same speed i.e. 500-600 MHz.

    Moment fails on software front as well. It came with 1.6 and is NOT going to get 2.2 which is already out. Talk about being obsolete in 7 months. This is another reason I am apprehensive about Galaxy S as samsung's track record is not that great.

    Your friend needs to take Moment back to Best Buy and get a different phone. i am not saying that he should get a PRe (which in all honesty he should ) but get a different phone than Moment and I am not talking about Hero.
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I think the best buy employee mislead your friend Samsung Moment was released in November (Nov 6 if I recall correctly) however it has an arm v6 processor a la Pixi running at 800 MHz Basically it has an overclocked iphone (original ) processor.

    Pre on the other hand has arm v7 based processor called Cortex A8. This processor was used in Droid, iphone 3GS and nokia 900. They are all running at about the same speed i.e. 500-600 MHz.

    Moment fails on software front as well. It came with 1.6 and is NOT going to get 2.2 which is already out. Talk about being obsolete in 7 months. This is another reason I am apprehensive about Galaxy S as samsung's track record is not that great.

    Your friend needs to take Moment back to Best Buy and get a different phone. i am not saying that he should get a PRe (which in all honesty he should ) but get a different phone than Moment and I am not talking about Hero.
    The moment ships with 1.5 and will only get 2.1. The reason is because it cannot do OTA and relies on the carrier to update the firmware and why would sprint update a phone they will no longer be pushing? Dont get me wrong the moment is a great phone, but definitely not something somebody should buy now. Granted my wife bought hers in the beginning of april, but then again she doesn't care to wait for newer tech and said the 1st of april she is buying a phone cause she wanted the instink gone. All in all 2.1 and the moment are pretty nifty for those who have it but not for potential buyers.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    All the retailers have been dissuading buyers from the Pre since shortly after launch. It could single handidly be responsible for its failure. Every time I've been to the Sprint store (and I've been there a lot, getting the device replaced) I hear the Sprint reps telling buyers to stay away....Can't fault them though.... while WebOS= best mobile OS EVER, Palm Pre = Fail.
    Apparently, since your poll failed so miserably, you've decided to take the info elswhere.

    It's simply not ture that "All the reatailers have been dissuading buyers from the Pre since shortly after launch". That's a gross exaggeration in general, and a flat out lie when the "since shortly after launch" portion is added. The fact is that retailers at the time were pushing it, which is what retailers do when they have a new product (that included Best Buy). When they drop a product, they tend to push others. It's the nature of things.
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Apparently, since your poll failed so miserably, you've decided to take the info elswhere.

    It's simply not ture that "All the reatailers have been dissuading buyers from the Pre since shortly after launch". That's a gross exaggeration in general, and a flat out lie when the "since shortly after launch" portion is added. The fact is that retailers at the time were pushing it, which is what retailers do when they have a new product (that included Best Buy). When they drop a product, they tend to push others. It's the nature of things.
    I agree. BB and Sprint were both pushing the Pre into the fall. It was somewhat even when the Hero/Moment came out (for Sprint). The Droid receive a ton of press and push (obviously). I didn't really see the Pre fall into oblivion in the stores until this spring. And that is a somewhat typical progression for a cell phone.

    Obviously this was based on my experiences in my localities.
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Apparently, since your poll failed so miserably, you've decided to take the info elswhere.

    It's simply not ture that "All the reatailers have been dissuading buyers from the Pre since shortly after launch". That's a gross exaggeration in general, and a flat out lie when the "since shortly after launch" portion is added. The fact is that retailers at the time were pushing it, which is what retailers do when they have a new product (that included Best Buy). When they drop a product, they tend to push others. It's the nature of things.
    Sorry, you're one of the people on these threads that seems to be absolutely blinded and ignore reality. The thread was closed by the mods which proves that you can't say a bad word against the pre here. This is the exact reason why people don't speak up.

    Retailers pushed the product AT launch, then "shortly after launch" they were not embracing or promoting it. Have you seen the sales numbers or lack of for the Pre amongst all the carriers? There's your proof. Most comsumers don't even know what a Palm Pre is.

    <<Edited by Mod>> We're all here to discuss openly.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/15/2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: personal attack
  6. #166  
    ***NOTE: Please discuss the issues, discuss the hardware, discuss the software, but do not make things personal.

    Thanks
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    Sorry, you're one of the people on these threads that seems to be absolutely blinded and ignore reality. The thread was closed by the mods which proves that you can't say a bad word against the pre here. This is the exact reason why people don't speak up.

    Retailers pushed the product AT launch, then "shortly after launch" they were not embracing or promoting it. Have you seen the sales numbers or lack of for the Pre amongst all the carriers? There's your proof. Most comsumers don't even know what a Palm Pre is.

    <<Edited by Mod>> We're all here to discuss openly.
    The thread was closed for just the opposite reason. You were the only person on that thread bashing the Pre, the others were bashing your response. It was getting a little heated.

    Your information is incorrect. The Pre was touted by Best Buy for quite some time after the launch. I don't think it was even picked up by Wal-Mart until weeks after the launch, but they are still not "disuading" users from getting it (my daughter bought one from Wal-Mart 3 weeks ago, and the salesgirl gushed about how good the phone is). The Pixi was also picked up by both of them several months after the release of the Pre, so the nonsense that retailers were "disuading" buyers is patently false.

    Yes, I like the Pre. No, I'm not "blinded" or "ignoring reality". As a matter of fact, I'm pretty open about phones in general, and think people should get the phone they like. I happen to like the one I've got. If not, I would have gotten something else.

    However, facts are fact, not what a disgruntled owner wants to make up because he's unhappy.
  8. #168  
    Sorry, we don't have WALMARTS by me.Things must be a little different where you are....... and that seems to be where you're misconstruing your "facts." Where you're going wrong, is blanketing your small town experience with an entire planet. I live between London, Beausoleil (S.France), Los Angeles and Manhattan. My personal experience and experience via others is the same unanimously. The Pre hardware is junk withouth homebrew.

    At the request of the mods, i'm keeping this topic on course. Your opinions are based off a limited geographical area and in no way represents the entire market. So what you're stating is NOT FACT. What I am stating is my experience which in its nature is broader than yours, but also, NOT FACT. Unless you've been to every retailer and tracked the course of every salesperson, over the past year, you will only have an opinion.

    And about the closing of the post, I recieved private messages to the contrary. Users here know its a waste of time to voice opinion against the Pre so they don't bother. if they try, what happened in my post occurs. It's funny, because I love WebOS, we're on the same side...but what gets me is how people want to go around stating false "facts" and being completely unobjective not unlike the Appleheads.
  9. #169  
    ^^^

    if it's a waste of time, then why do you insist on doing it?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    Sorry, we don't have WALMARTS by me.Things must be a little different where you are....... and that seems to be where you're misconstruing your "facts." Where you're going wrong, is blanketing your small town experience with an entire planet. I live between London, Beausoleil (S.France), Los Angeles and Manhattan. My personal experience and experience via others is the same unanimously. The Pre hardware is junk withouth homebrew.


    And about the closing of the post, I recieved private messages to the contrary. Users here know its a waste of time to voice opinion against the Pre so they don't bother. if they try, what happened in my post occurs. It's funny, because I love WebOS, we're on the same side...but what gets me is how people want to go around stating false "facts" and being completely unobjective not unlike the Appleheads.
    Dude,

    Don't take a conversation out of context. My private message to you was about the quick trigger on the conversation - it had nothing to do with mods being defensive. But my last point was that there was a bit of rudeness to calling people the FAN#$@ name because the choose to disagree with you. The mod felt that was inappropriate and it was.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2556949

    I wanted to finish the discussion publicly, because I felt there were valid points for the community on both sides of the conversation. But once again the names are flying again - not just bashing the Pre, but bashing people whose experience was different from your own.

    Can we all accept the fact that peoples experiences and opinions are different without getting ugly?
    Last edited by C-Note; 07/15/2010 at 05:45 PM.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post

    Can we all accept the fact that peoples experiences and opinions are different without getting ugly?
    Now what sort of stupid &&$@@*^^ would $(((@^^$%%@ say something so (%%&&@*$_$@ as that *&%##(@@@_%% is? You must be a *$&&@__%@&&*****()# to post that (@#@#$&#*#%#&^&%.

    See how easy it is to stay on topic and not attack other posters?

    Ps, do you think any of that will be taken out by the auto-filter? Probably not...

    Note: I sure hope you aren't using your sarcasm filter so you will know I am totally kidding and not bashing C-Note...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Now what sort of stupid &&$@@*^^ would $(((@^^$%%@ say something so (%%&&@*$_$@ as that *&%##(@@@_%% is? You must be a *$&&@__%@&&*****()# to post that (@#@#$&#*#%#&^&%.

    See how easy it is to stay on topic and not attack other posters?

    Ps, do you think any of that will be taken out by the auto-filter? Probably not...

    I replaced this to force people to find the hidden note in your original message...
    LOL!!!!! My sarcasm filter AND my white lens sunglasses are both working.
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    The thread was closed by the mods which proves that you can't say a bad word against the pre here. This is the exact reason why people don't speak up.
    It's been said before, and I'll say it again: the mods are NOT out to shut down negative opinions about the Pre. Our only goals are to keep things organized and civil so that users enjoy a friendly atmosphere and are able to find the information they need.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    Sorry, we don't have WALMARTS by me.Things must be a little different where you are....... and that seems to be where you're misconstruing your "facts." Where you're going wrong, is blanketing your small town experience with an entire planet. I live between London, Beausoleil (S.France), Los Angeles and Manhattan. My personal experience and experience via others is the same unanimously. The Pre hardware is junk withouth homebrew.
    "Small town", seriously? I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex, hardly "small town". Granted, we're no NYC, but then, we're not bankrupt either

    However, your argument is still wrong. I didn't "blanket" anything, you did. Here's what you said (the emphasis is mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    All the retailers have been dissuading buyers from the Pre since shortly after launch...
    Not "All the retailers near me", not even "All the retailers in the cities around which I think the rest of the world revolves". You said "All". That simply is not the case, and even the exception of a single Walmart in Podunk, Nowhereville disproves the exclusive statement you made.

    Now, if I had made the statement that "all retailers are pushing the Pre" you might be closer to the mark about "blanket statements", but I didn't. Shoot, I even know of a few that didn't even carry it, right here in my small-town experience of 6 million plus.

    Not only that, the point I'm arguing with you has nothing to do with whether or not the Pre was "junk", it has to do with your mis-statement about "All retailers" disuading folks from buying it. It simply wasn't true.

    So, let's do stay on course, stop the stupid assumptions about others (you really don't know much about where I've lived, and what I do, but here's a clue, I helped design the email system for one of the metropolitan areas you described). That's the problem with ad-hominem attacks, they're usually born of ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    And about the closing of the post, I recieved private messages to the contrary. Users here know its a waste of time to voice opinion against the Pre so they don't bother. if they try, what happened in my post occurs. It's funny, because I love WebOS, we're on the same side...but what gets me is how people want to go around stating false "facts" and being completely unobjective not unlike the Appleheads.
    Again, the facts don't bear you out. I can point you to several threads that bash teh Pre. However, you put up a poll, and you were the only person that voted the way you wanted (at the time it was closed), so you started bashing folks for not voting the way you wanted. That was the reason for the poll being closed.
    Last edited by hparsons; 07/15/2010 at 06:43 PM.
  15. #175  
    Ok, not "All" the retailers, my mistake. I can admit I made too literal of a comment and you took it as such. It seems as though that is your ONLY case in this conversation and a weak one. Dallas/Ft Worth, hmmm, yeah, not really improving your voice much, also don't see the relevance in you working on a municipalities email system. seems as though you're just very defensive. The poll was open for about 15mins, so it lived a short life. Not really sure what your campaign is, you've haven't made any good points or defended the ones your have made, well.

    We have different experiences and opinions. I look for value in others. I didn't find any in yours. I'm entitled to feel that way. One thing is true, this post is going nowhere...

    @OP, good post. Pushed some defensive buttons. There are some seriously delusional Pre fans as there are iPhone fans, as I'm sure there are for the other phones. I don't have a stake in the company so I'm about the best product. I call it like I see it. In this case, the Pre IS outdated and is nothing without Homebrew.
    @C-Note, I wasn't referring to you, not sure why you thought I was talking about you.
    @jbg7474, appreciate the clarity.
  16. #176  
    FYI, if "all" the retailers have been dissuading people since "shortly after launch" it wouldn't have made sense for a bunch of other carriers to launch the phone. If the Pre was a disaster on Sprint, Verizon and AT&T wouldn't have bothered. Sure, Sprint didn't knock it out of the park like they hoped, but they sold a bunch. Most of the members here are sprint users, and there's a lot of them! Not me, but a lot of others.

    I challenge you to make your next 12 posts completely positive...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    Ok, not "All" the retailers, my mistake. I can admit I made too literal of a comment and you took it as such.
    Good to see you admit you made a mistake. Interesting though, that your "mistake" is turned around on me, as if I did something wrong. Words have meaning. If you didn't mean "all", then don't say it. If you do say it, don't get bent if someone takes you at your word.

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    It seems as though that is your ONLY case in this conversation and a weak one. Dallas/Ft Worth, hmmm, yeah, not really improving your voice much,
    You should scroll back some, this wasn't my only comment, but I'll share more in a bit.

    But first, why the slam against where one lives? Why is it even important? If it is, would you like a list of where I've lived? You'd probably be surprised, but I'm sure you'd have another ad-hominem attack to discredit that (by the way, NYC was one of the many places, too cold up that way, I like the sun).

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    also don't see the relevance in you working on a municipalities email system. seems as though you're just very defensive.
    I don't really either, other than you seemd to place some level of importance on municipalities, so I played along.
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    We have different experiences and opinions. I look for value in others. I didn't find any in yours. I'm entitled to feel that way. One thing is true, this post is going nowhere...
    Excellent view, except... you keep arguing. Wonder why that is, if you "see no value" in mine.

    Here's the deal. Best Buy folks (at least some of them) say they "think the Pre is outdated" for a reason - they quit selling them. Best Buy employees, for the most part, push what they sell, and what they sell is not based solely on how good something it is, or how well it's made. It's based on how much profit they can make selling it. If it's low profit, it better be an easy sale. If it's a difficult sell, it better be high margin. I suspect the Pre failed them in that. Not carrying the device any more has nothing to do with how "outdated" it is.

    If you doubt me on my premise that they sell what they can make money on, and true honesty is hardly an important factor, try this little test.

    Walk into a Best Buy, and pick a product line - stereos, TVs, computers, whatever you want. Tell them you want the product that has the best warranty, best reputation, and is the most reliable, and price isn't an object. Then watch what the show you.

    Then after you buy, watch to see if they tell you how important it is to buy their extended warranty.

    I can predict what's going to happen - even in NYC.
  18. #178  
    I'm sorry, but who do you think you are with your "here's the deal." AGAIN, you're not stating any facts.....I'm skim reading your posts at this point. I wish I had the time to continue, but this is really starting to bore me. The fact that you're constantly trying to self validate your background shows how much you're struggling with this. That has no relevance to this conversation.

    You're not covincing me at all, your opinion has no value to me...when Ft Worth, Walmart and Best Buy represent a global product, please let me know and I may be interested in listening. Talk about tunnel vision and fish bowl.

    In its simplicity. This thread was about "Best buy thinks the Pre is Outdated."
    Fact: It is. Your obsession with the device is blinding you. You want to dance around and just can't bring yourself to admit this is true. In addition, MY EXPERIENCE, is that all retailers "I'VE ENCOUNTERED" that sells the Pre does not endorse it and hasn't close to its launch. This opinion is unanimous on two continents and several coasts I've visited. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TELL ME ABOUT "MY" EXPERIENCES.

    Also, you went out of your way to jump in on this thread attacking me, now you want to play innocent? If you need to self validate some more, find someone else to bug, you're not contributing anything of worth to this thread or forum and its time to respect the mods wishes.
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    Sorry, we don't have WALMARTS by me.Things must be a little different where you are....... and that seems to be where you're misconstruing your "facts." Where you're going wrong, is blanketing your small town experience with an entire planet. I live between London, Beausoleil (S.France), Los Angeles and Manhattan. My personal experience and experience via others is the same unanimously. The Pre hardware is junk withouth homebrew.
    Wow... just wow.

    Geographical discrimination...

    I'm > you! Because I can drop some "big city" names and validate my opinion....
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    I'm sorry, but who do you think you are with your "here's the deal." AGAIN, you're not stating any facts.....I'm skim reading your posts at this point. I wish I had the time to continue, but this is really starting to bore me. The fact that you're constantly trying to self validate your background shows how much you're struggling with this. That has no relevance to this conversation.

    You're not covincing me at all, your opinion has no value to me...when Ft Worth, Walmart and Best Buy represent a global product, please let me know and I may be interested in listening. Talk about tunnel vision and fish bowl.

    In its simplicity. This thread was about "Best buy thinks the Pre is Outdated."
    Fact: It is. Your obsession with the device is blinding you. You want to dance around and just can't bring yourself to admit this is true. In addition, MY EXPERIENCE, is that all retailers "I'VE ENCOUNTERED" that sells the Pre does not endorse it and hasn't close to its launch. This opinion is unanimous on two continents and several coasts I've visited. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TELL ME ABOUT "MY" EXPERIENCES.

    Also, you went out of your way to jump in on this thread attacking me, now you want to play innocent? If you need to self validate some more, find someone else to bug, you're not contributing anything of worth to this thread or forum and its time to respect the mods wishes.
    A tad defensive there... Sorry if you thought my response to the topic at hand has no validity; however, I suspect we're all beginning to see the reason for your general satisfaction.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions