Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    LOLWUT there is not one single thing the pre does that another smart phone can not do.

The phone is outdated plan and simple...
    My Pre has a neat program that has a "todo" list that's based on location of what I need to do, rather than when I need to do it.

Is there another phone with a similar app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I shop at Amazon.com because Best Buy is outdated.
    Seriously, the best post in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    it shows the last 6 apps. But realistically....who is flipping through more than 6 apps at a time. I honestly have never done that unless i just get lazy from closing apps on my Pre. 3-4 is really my personal wheelhouse. But this is where the UI on the Pre is technically better...just not a major concern for me.
    Thanks for the clarification. In my case, I'm running more than 6 apps most of the time. The stuff that takes longer to load (gmaps if I'm in the car, plus email, messaging, etc) are usually running. And I have at least a half dozen browser cards open at once. That gives me something close to "tabbed browsing" so I can open a ling and let it load while I'm still reading the page where I found the link. It's great for opening the various P|C threads that are of interest, rather than having to return to the "new posts" and hoping the item I was interested in hasn't fallen off the first page.

Also helpful for chasing links from Twitter, and other info sources.

Heck, I have the memory available, why close them? I just arrange them so they require very few swipes to get what I am looking for...

Do you ever have use tabbed browsing or have more than one browser open on your PC? It is as useful on my phone as it is on my PC... IMO
    Ps,I don't understand why anyone buys their phone from a retailer. It might be a few bucks cheaper, but it generally comes with strings attached. I always buy from the carrier's web site. It makes support and replacement soooo much simpler. I only go to the store if I need to try them as part of making a decision, which I did when I realized that android was a couple of deal-breaking issues. I messed with the Pre and Pixi, then went home and ordered it on line. It arrived in 2 days, and life is good. If it fails, they have another on my doorstep the following day.

Why would you go to best buy for a phone?
    Same, but the android browser does tabs, just within the browser as to not open multiple apps.
    Ps,I don't understand why anyone buys their phone from a retailer. It might be a few bucks cheaper, but it generally comes with strings attached. I always buy from the carrier's web site. It makes support and replacement soooo much simpler. I only go to the store if I need to try them as part of making a decision, which I did when I realized that android was a couple of deal-breaking issues. I messed with the Pre and Pixi, then went home and ordered it on line. It arrived in 2 days, and life is good. If it fails, they have another on my doorstep the following day.

Instant rebate vs. mail in rebate.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    My Pre has a neat program that has a "todo" list that's based on location of what I need to do, rather than when I need to do it.

Is there another phone with a similar app?
    You really want brag about APPS!!!! are you kidding me....

Remember The Milk: Online to do list and task management
    You really want brag about APPS!!!! are you kidding me....

Remember The Milk: Online to do list and task management
    Not kidding at all. That is not location based (unless it's changed considerably).

What I'm talking about is I'm driving around town, doing whatever I was doing, and my phone pops up an alert because I'm a half mile away from the store that sells really unusal widgets (possibly, Palm Pre accessories), and I put the reminder in there 3 months ago.

Not based on when I want to do it, but based on the fact that I'm now near the store.

You did say "one" thing, right?

What other phone has such an app? There may be one (I don't know every phone out there), but I'm not familiar with it.

Are you?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Not kidding at all. That is not location based (unless it's changed considerably).

What I'm talking about is I'm driving around town, doing whatever I was doing, and my phone pops up an alert because I'm a half mile away from the store that sells really unusal widgets (possibly, Palm Pre accessories), and I put the reminder in there 3 months ago.

Not based on when I want to do it, but based on the fact that I'm now near the store.

You did say "one" thing, right?

What other phone has such an app? There may be one (I don't know every phone out there), but I'm not familiar with it.

Are you?
    Its funny how your are grasping for that one thing and its an APP! for this one thing the pre does that no other phone can...

Location Notes - location-based reminder enjoy!!! want me to wait around to google some more APPs for ya...

Edit: found another oneGoNotes GPS Location Reminder App
    Last edited by helidos; 07/06/2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Instant rebate vs. mail in rebate.
    with Verizon, it's also instant on line.
    Check your local WalMart's (unless you doing an exchange on warranty). My daughter picked one up a couple weeks ago for $78.
    It's $49 at verizonwireless.com. When I need advanced technology (and I consider the Pre Plus in that category) I don't think of Walmart.

Edit, I also think it's free with AT&T contract at HP.com
    Last edited by Workerb33; 07/06/2010 at 01:49 PM.

If you buy a phone from AT&T phone from RadioShack you call the same number to get it serviced that you call if you bought on line or at a corporate AT&T store. PLUS if there is an issue within the first 30 days you can take it and they will swap it right then and there. I personally dont want to be without my phone for 2 or 3 days, really not even 1 day.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    If you buy a phone from AT&T phone from RadioShack you call the same number to get it serviced that you call if you bought on line or at a corporate AT&T store. PLUS if there is an issue within the first 30 days you can take it and they will swap it right then and there. I personally dont want to be without my phone for 2 or 3 days, really not even 1 day.
    That's viable. For me, the phone has always been usable until the replacement arrived. The one time it wasn't, I reactivated my trusty Treo until the replacement arrived. I just don't want to hassle with the average retail people and policies. But that's me.

Lot's of people here report buying warranties from Best Buy and Radio Shack, and they have to depend on the store for everything. Not so good when they stop carrying the phone, as RS recently did... But I get your point.
    Its funny how your are grasping for that one thing and its an APP! for this one thing the pre does that no other phone can...

Location Notes - location-based reminder enjoy!!! want me to wait around to google some more APPs for ya...

Edit: found another oneGoNotes GPS Location Reminder App
    Actually, EVERYTHING the Pre does, it does through an app. What did you expect?

I only gave you one thing, because you only asked for one thing, but it's nice to see your reading skills moved up a notch, instead of showing RTM (BTW, there IS an app for RTM).

And since you asked, does any other device currently access multile EAS accounts? I know the Pre was the first, but don't know if anyone has copied them yet.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    PS, here are the first two spoofs on how stupid BB is in creating such a tempest in a tea pot:

:::snip:::

I also noticed that this guy uses a Palm Pre. I wonder if he is on these forums. If so, we should give him a special title and our undying thanks!
    Yeah, I meant to point out that the original article indicated that this guy uses a Palm Pre in my earlier post, but forgot to include it.

Mr. Maupin, are you here at P|C?
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Is there any other phone besides the Pre and Pixi that you can mount an inductive charging base (Touchstone) on the dash of your car? With Bluetooth, there's no other wireless connectivity car solution that's as easy and simple as this one is.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    touchstone is the only reason I still have a pre. :sigh:
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post

I used to have AT&T for my kids and wifes phones. We bought them at Radio Shack because they had the phones we wanted in stock and just down the sidewalk in the same strip mall was an AT&T corporate store which didn't offer the phones. I figured if I ever needed their service I could go there. That turned out to be a false assumption on my part. Since I didn't sign up for service in their store and get my devices from them, they would not provide me service for my phones.

On the other hand, I had upgraded my Sprint device at Radio Shack while there and when I had an issue with it, I took it to the Sprint corporate store down the street and they helped me without question.

Since then I have done all of my business at the Sprint store and eventually cancelled all 4 lines I had with AT&T (paid a $200 canc. fee for each line) and moved them all to Sprint.
    sprint is awesome, in my book.. Been with them for over 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    @ koolkid09

Yes we are talking about a phone, and just like all of the other technologies I listed the market changes fast. If in fact the Pre is so outdated then surely those who feel that way are consistent in updating all their other outdated technologies.

But quite honestly these forums are not here for people to come and whine that they don't have Flash or any other innovation they think they need right now. They exist for those who wish to get the most out of what they have. <deleted by mod>

This isn't a flame or rude reply or anything of the sort. It is just a simple request to show a little common courtesy for why this site exists and the users who are here for those reasons.
    Diplomacy like this explains why you are a forum leader and a pastor, and why I am neither. Well stated.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/06/2010 at 03:50 PM.