Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 184
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Moment is newer than Pre is came out October-ish
    banned for making me watch that clip again !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. acidhax's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #22  
    The Pre is perfectly fine. Outdated in what way? I don't see why some people are bored of this. The hardware is sufficient, the device is perfectly capable. What we really need is a proper SDK and more hardware acceleration.
  3. #23  
    My cousin has the Samsung Moment. I have played with it quite a bit. I can't stand that phone. I remember the first time I played with it thinking that my Pre is much better than this thing.

    My biggest complaint is that it doesn't have multi-touch capability, so no pinch to zoom for the browser.

    I also dislike how bulky it is, and I'm not a big fan of the keyboard itself despite the fact that it is bigger than the on the Pre.
  4. #24  
    If the Pre is so outdated, then how come it and the Pixi are the only phones in the world that have Touchstone? I know it doesn't really have a lot to do with smartphone technology, but I don't think I can buy another phone without Touchstone. To have it in ur car is the most convenient thing I've ever seen for a phone. I'm really surprised other manufactorers haven't tried to implement this into their phones yet, other than those stupid power pad slabs. Who else thinks the Touchstone is the greatest?!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    The Pre is perfectly fine. Outdated in what way? I don't see why some people are bored of this. The hardware is sufficient, the device is perfectly capable. What we really need is a proper SDK and more hardware acceleration.
    LMAO!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    If the Pre is so outdated, then how come it and the Pixi are the only phones in the world that have Touchstone? I know it doesn't really have a lot to do with smartphone technology, but I don't think I can buy another phone without Touchstone. To have it in ur car is the most convenient thing I've ever seen for a phone. I'm really surprised other manufactorers haven't tried to implement this into their phones yet, other than those stupid power pad slabs. Who else thinks the Touchstone is the greatest?!
    Um, because other manufactorers don't see the profit in it, and there is wireless chargers for other phones. I honestly think the touchstone is a waste of money.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    How would you know? - you never owned one!
    I really hope you are kidding. Because if you're not, then do you understand how crazy you sound?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Mabe not. He may have earned a higher commision. I think the finger goes to the gullible buyer.
    commission? since when was the last time best buy was commission?
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  9. SFWD1934's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    #29  
    Strange I was this post, because I was actually going to post something similar to this. I dropped my Pre yesterday and that was it. It became a 2 piece phone at that point. So I went to Beat Buy to get a new one and they didn't have any. He said that the Pre had been deleted from their system (their being that Best Buy). There were still some at a few stores that he could do a transfer for me. Looks like that's what I will have to do unless there is something coming that I have not heads about from Palm.

    Jason
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Um, because other manufactorers don't see the profit in it, and there is wireless chargers for other phones. I honestly think the touchstone is a waste of money.
    Then you would be one of the very few that think that. What phoneS do you figure that are out that have wireless charging, besides those big *** charging slabs that you have to attach a huge device to the phone?
  11. #31  
    I'm looking up crow recipes for all the haters that they can use come September when 1.5 is released.

  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Mabe not. He may have earned a higher commision. I think the finger goes to the gullible buyer.
    best buy doesnt get commission. the guy was simply just ignorant.
  13. #33  
    I dislike the over-used word "outdated". It's not outdated if it still does what you "need" it to do. Plain and simple.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    best buy doesnt get commission. the guy was simply just ignorant.
    And if you take much notice of what a sales person tells you, you are going to get burnt sometime.
  15. #35  
    Lol huh ?


    Quote Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
    the pre is perfectly fine. Outdated in what way? I don't see why some people are bored of this. The hardware is sufficient, the device is perfectly capable. What we really need is a proper sdk and more hardware acceleration.
  16. #36  
    forget 1.5 how about a new phone ..






    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I'm looking up crow recipes for all the haters that they can use come September when 1.5 is released.

  17. #37  
    ...pre +...not outdated....its stll the best smartPHONE imho. Alot of people are just lemmings! I do my research then go to the store.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Um, because other manufactorers don't see the profit in it, and there is wireless chargers for other phones. I honestly think the touchstone is a waste of money.
    I love the touchstone. But my cousin with a Pre thought the same thing about the Touchstone until he got one. Now he is switching to an EVO and says that the Touchstone is the biggest thing he is going to miss about the Pre.
  19. #39  
    I hardly think the Pre is outdated. With the ability to run @ 1GHz and do more than most other smartphones on the market, I think it is still quite viable.
  20. #40  
    Wow, you pay 16 bucks for a toch stone?? In Germany you still pay 60 over at amazon...
    ***!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions