Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    In addition, MY EXPERIENCE, is that all retailers "I'VE ENCOUNTERED" that sells the Pre does not endorse it and hasn't close to its launch. This opinion is unanimous on two continents and several coasts I've visited. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TELL ME ABOUT "MY" EXPERIENCES.
    I think I've discovered another part of the problem, language barrier (see the bolded text). In the words of Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

u·nan·i·mous
    adj.
    1. Sharing the same opinions or views; being in complete harmony or accord.
    2. Based on or characterized by complete assent or agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think I've discovered another part of the problem, language barrier (see the bolded text). In the words of Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

u·nan·i·mous
    adj.
    1. Sharing the same opinions or views; being in complete harmony or accord.
    2. Based on or characterized by complete assent or agreement.
    I think it means what he thinks it means.

I mean... of course this opinion is unanimous across two continents (All of North America and Europe???) and don't forget... several coasts!

PS: Texas is not part of North America... just a FYI!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I think it means what he thinks it means.

I mean... of course this opinion is unanimous across two continents (All of North America and Europe???) and don't forget... several coasts!

PS: Texas is not part of North America... just a FYI!
    You know, it's entirely possible that technically, it means what he thinks it means.
    All 1 of him holds the same opinion. Across two continents and multiple coasts. As a matter of fact, everywhere he goes, all 1 of him shares the same opinion and view, and is in complete harmony and accord. Further, all one of him is in complete assent and agreement with himself.

But, I don't really think that's how the word is typically used.

And, here's the deal - that's my opinion.
    Here's what I really find humorous about this little tempest in a teapot. While hwoarang_do seems to have researched my previous posts, and purports to know what I think, he made this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang_do View Post
    ...In its simplicity. This thread was about "Best buy thinks the Pre is Outdated."
    Fact: It is. Your obsession with the device is blinding you. You want to dance around and just can't bring yourself to admit this is true...
    Yet totally ignored what I said specifically concerning "outdated" products (see the bolded parts):

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    ... Is it your assertion that all of these "comperable" devices are outdated?

Ironically, that would be my assertion; but then the term itself has so many meanings (most of which are opinion based) that it's almost a meaningless term.

In my opinion, just about any electronic device released today is outdated by the time it can be purchased.
    So yeah, in my opinion, the Pre is outdated, in the sense that the technology and its implementation isn't the latest greatest.

However, in the sense that it is no longer widely usable, that's simply an opinion. It may be an opinion held by Best Buy, but it's not ... dare I say ... a unanimously held opinion, or even a universally held opinion.

Would I personally recommend the Pre to someone today? Sure. Would I recommend it to eveyone? Not hardly, but then, there is no phone I would recommend to everyone. Everyone's needs and desires are too diverse for there to be "one phone to rule them all".

However, my opinion of why this would be Best Buy's push remains the same - it's because they don't sell it any more.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910