Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Banking giant Chase has updated its iPhone application to include Quick Deposit, a feature that lets users deposit checks from their iPhones.

Using Chase Mobile, bankers can now select an account, enter the amount of the check, and snap a photo of the front and back of the check to initiate a deposit.

Damn that's cool.....
    That actually is pretty cool. Too bad I'm not with Chase bank.
    I tried it today. I was sent a mail in rebate check for $5.00. I figured if it didn't work right, at worst I'm out 5. Surprisingly it worked well. Very cool feature.
    that's pretty awesome I have an unused account with them because they don't have a branch anywhere nearby. I am origonally a wamu member and moved to virginia where washington mutual was scarce. This would be awesome if I had an iphone. Hopefully the ipod touch 4g is a big upgrade from what it is now and has a camera. Then maybe I can use that! If it's not a big deal thoug, would I be crazy buying an iphone 4 from ebay and using it as an ipod? Not like it's great abput being a phone anyway (joke referring to reception issues) I think the ipod touc has alot nore potential and would like to see it used. I dnt see webos replacing ipod lines for music anytme soon as I hate to say it, but itunes is the easiest way to manage usic and photos and the only real media center which uses and saves digital copies. The media playback and photo compression on the ipods is also superior. I look forward to webos's future excelling in media someday! And someday I hope this chase app comes to us.

sorry about the rant. Tired, bored and had a few drinks
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm not a fan of the iphone and I don't bank with Chase but that is an awesome feature! Very nicely done!
    Chase customer. I wish they had this for Android . very nice .
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I AM with Chase, so I for one would love this on webOS!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    What do you then do with the check?
    Quote Originally Posted by fed123 View Post
    What do you then do with the check?
    Take a picture of the front and back. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    that's pretty awesome I have an unused account with them because they don't have a branch anywhere nearby. I am origonally a wamu member and moved to virginia where washington mutual was scarce. This would be awesome if I had an iphone. Hopefully the ipod touch 4g is a big upgrade from what it is now and has a camera. Then maybe I can use that! If it's not a big deal thoug, would I be crazy buying an iphone 4 from ebay and using it as an ipod? Not like it's great abput being a phone anyway (joke referring to reception issues) I think the ipod touc has alot nore potential and would like to see it used. I dnt see webos replacing ipod lines for music anytme soon as I hate to say it, but itunes is the easiest way to manage usic and photos and the only real media center which uses and saves digital copies. The media playback and photo compression on the ipods is also superior. I look forward to webos's future excelling in media someday! And someday I hope this chase app comes to us.

sorry about the rant. Tired, bored and had a few drinks
    Sounds like more than a few But seriously, some of the positive points you bring up, regarding iTunes are huge negatives in my book. If iPods were able to deliver higher sound quality (like a lot of their competitors), more compression would only be detremental, same goes for pics. Antithetically, I do use my Pre as an "ipod" efficiently with music and podcasts, then again, at 1 GHz (was sufficient at default clock), it's hard to notice slight discrepancies.

PS: fellow PCer who's had a few tonight
    Last edited by relic419; 07/03/2010 at 02:14 AM.
    Addendum: MediaMonkey is superior at managing music.
    cool feature. Banks are starting to do this in branch now. They get checks through out the day and have to run them through a check imager. It saves time and money, all thanks to regulation check 21. Also helps banks prevent fraud and cuts down processing time for check. Definitely want to see this feature on webOS.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The problem with this feature is it requires a camera that can autofocus to macro. I have a Chase acct but unfortunately, neither my Pre or 3G have that feature.

still pretty cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The problem with this feature is it requires a camera that can autofocus to macro. I have a Chase acct but unfortunately, neither my Pre or 3G have that feature.

still pretty cool though.
    Well, it needs to take pretty close shots of the check. Not sure how they they would do this without autofocus. Most new smartphone have autofocus.
    Last edited by mobileman; 07/04/2010 at 01:21 PM.