Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    As I already stated... It DOES support Activesync...

And there is NO HTC EMAIL APP. There is simply an HTC EMAIL WIDGET that can be used to display a selected account (that is setup in the stock Mail application) on a homescreen...

But yet again... you know exactly what you are talking about... obviously...
    Ok so it supports exchange - sorry I don't use exchange for my personal email. Ridiculous that I would have to to simply get push email support from my IMAP accounts.

I was looking on clarification for the HTC email app - which I asked for several times (did you not read the post or are you just rambling? I can't tell...)

Thank you almighty email one. For you have changed my mind and now I LOVE getting push email support for my imap accounts with the stock email app simply because YOU said it's possible. You should really write a tutorial on how to make that work, since clearly Android needs tutorials for everything and it doesn't "just" work, like webOS's does. ;-)
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    Ok so it supports exchange - sorry I don't use exchange for my personal email. Ridiculous that I would have to to simply get push email support from my IMAP accounts.

I was looking on clarification for the HTC email app - which I asked for several times (did you not read the post or are you just rambling? I can't tell...)

Thank you almighty email one. For you have changed my mind and now I LOVE getting push email support for my imap accounts with the stock email app simply because YOU said it's possible. You should really write a tutorial on how to make that work, since clearly Android needs tutorials for everything and it doesn't "just" work, like webOS's does. ;-)
    I was not looking to change your mind. It was quite obvious that you have your opinion (and it's unlikely to change). I was simply trying to provide the correct information with regards to what you supplied as your reasons for forming your opinion.

No point in the tutorial... I'm sure users that take 10+ minutes to figure out how to add an email account are much more comfortable using a slow and simple UI like webOS has to offer.

PS: That last part was sarcasm... in case the sarcasm detector is malfunctioning today! Please don't take it too seriously!

As I stated previously (many times), webOS is a wonderfully elegant and well designed user interface and I hope some of that makes it to Android (since the primary person responsible for that is now in charge of the UI for Android)...
    Or webOS significantly improves and gets better hardware. I would be happy with either one. I have no allegiance to either.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    Unfortunately, K-9 is ugly and in my opinion cumbersome (which seems fitting for android, imo).
    Seriously? This is the sum of your complaint about an email program that apparently addresses every issue you've listed here, functions more quickly and cleanly, and has infinitely more customization capability than the webOS' email program?

That dude is the best pitcher in the history of baseball!
    Yeah, but he's so ugly!

That car has won every race it's ever entered!
    Yeah, but it's so ugly!

Here's a check for a million dollars!
    Yeah, but it's so ugly!

Has anyone ever explained the difference between form and function to you?
    Makes me wonder why not just get an iphone...its very pretty and does email better than WebOS.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Seriously? This is the sum of your complaint about an email program that apparently addresses every issue you've listed here, functions more quickly and cleanly, and has infinitely more customization capability than the webOS' email program?

That dude is the best pitcher in the history of baseball!
    Yeah, but he's so ugly!

That car has won every race it's ever entered!
    Yeah, but it's so ugly!

Here's a check for a million dollars!
    Yeah, but it's so ugly!

Has anyone ever explained the difference between form and function to you?
    Lol. You completely ignored the part about it being cumbersome. It feels clunky and thrown together, much like the android operating system. It may get the job done, but it doesn't do it as fluently as I'd like - which IS my argument from the original post. Go troll somewhere else, jesus.
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
    Ok...but what makes someone want to use the WebOS mail client when iPhone has the same approach but us hands down better?

(yes i know its about android but the way you are talking makes it seem like the WebOS mail client is awesome.....IMO its lacking in many areas. Its TOO simple...but the iPhone is equally as simple but more features.)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123