Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this is an unbelievable article, if true, and BGR states that they are pretty sure it is 100% reliable.

Exclusive: Conversation with Steve Jobs on the iPhone 4 antenna problems Boy Genius Report
    And this surprises you?!?

This is why I have never, and will never buy an Crapple product.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Only surprising thing is that he even replies to idiots who email him.
  4.    #4  
    just the sheer arrogance, and the utter disrespect downright enrages me, and makes me wonder why people would ever support this guy and his company, when he cant even acknowledge something as significant as the evidence has made it to be...
    What a disrespectful and rude way to treat a paying customer. You would never hear something as stark and cold natured as that from a Palm representative. Does Jobs think he's some sort of untouchable god figure?
    Wow... as much as I dislike Apple and Jobs, it is still hard for me to believe that's real. haha

IF it is, then WOW, just wow. Talk about a company that knows it's customers will buy whatever they're selling without question, regardless of whether it works or not.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    this goes under so or me. So steve jobs is ur average ceo. So Tom has a phone problem(gps pre plus) that doesn't exist in the companies mind.So until recently this is the same response you would get any of the majors.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    this goes under so or me. So steve jobs is ur average ceo. So Tom has a phone problem(gps pre plus) that doesn't exist in the companies mind.So until recently this is the same response you would get any of the majors.

ok i agree with you, but 1) the way he treats the consumer as a child, and with utter disregard...unexcusable. and 2) the GPS on the pre+ is software, not hardware
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Only surprising thing is that he even replies to idiots who email him.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    "Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it." Steve Jobs

I think this might be the coolest thing he's ever said.
    believe it or not.. i don't think he said anything out of line... and i'm not an apple fan... GSM in the 'states' stinks... I was told higher GSM frequencies here then in europe don't penetrate walls as well. (could be wrong)

he basically said relax dude we are looking into it what is the big deal?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I have high respect for Jobs as a business man, but never really cared for him as a person. Arrogance and that snotty attitude just felt wrong. But the more I read these email responses the more Im actually liking the guy. People expect him to act like a professional and also somehow perform a Harry Potter "repair-o" charm over email. but instead he acts like a human being and responds the same way you or I would if a stranger threw a tantrum over dropping an ice cream cone. "Life didnt stop just because one thing went wrong. Get over it." His replies are just so irreverently straight forward that its funny. If something proves to be faulty within the return period then why keep it and then mope around like a bullied school child?

But beyond that, the thing that made me actually like Steve Jobs, The Person, is this.
    Jobs has the unique ability to pi$$ off people WHO ARENT EVEN CUSTOMERS. Jobs may consider himself a god on earth, but apparently the internet agrees because even NON-CUSTOMERS all over the Internet are throwing tantrums over the actions of a "man" that has zero impact on their life.

Now THAT is pure power.
    Last edited by Urkel; 07/01/2010 at 10:47 AM.
    Funny that a ton of Lemmings here at works still follow his word like it was from above...
    Ha ha!! I loved that exchange.

A whiny phone geek just got told to shut up, in a fairly polite way. Jobs was absolutely justitifed to treat him that way.

dude had every iPhone ever and was complaining? GO TO ANOTHER PHONE IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT. Send a message with your feet.

don't waste time emailing rants to the CEO who -- believe it or not, is not going to make your tech problem disappear with an email.

I have never had a personal opinion about Jobs before -- I don't understand all the devotion to Gates, Rubenstein, Jobs - they are just one guy in a huge operation -- but I think I just fell in love.
    I am by no means an apple fan, I am sticking with my PRE.. This is not about the smartphone war but about attitude.... I agree with Urkel, Steve is human, if someone calls me yelling at me or emails me a rude email I would respond accordingly..He didn't have to dignify anything with an answer... Its not like Steve cursed at him or something.

Regardless of how angry you are there are more effective ways to "tell someone off" Be effective about the problem and leave your emotions out of it. A calm head will always prevail, and they will make you look like a "child" in the process..

Steve 1 whiner 0.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Regardless of how angry you are there are more effective ways to "tell someone off" Be effective about the problem and leave your emotions out of it. A calm head will always prevail, and they will make you look like a "child" in the process..

Steve 1 whiner 0.
    Its sad, But this is the way people communicate when talking with a keyboard. Even out here, people are so brave to speak out about things they know nothing about and once they get cornered in their own ignorance then they act like jerks and fall to name calling and sarcasm. And over what? A preference in one device rather than a similarly functioning competing device?

As much as people try to paint jobs as a madman (which he may be), his emails show that he actually has a very level head. And when you compile all these "offensive" email responses then his words really aren't any different than the stuff you get from the most popular self-help books.

Re-evaluate your life, Prioritize your problems, Get over it.
    That is what you get when you type with a software keyboard....
    Momma always said, "stupid is as stupid does."
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Momma always said, "stupid is as stupid does."
    And "Life is like a box of choco-lates.... you never know what you're gonna get"
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    this is an unbelievable article, if true, and BGR states that they are pretty sure it is 100% reliable.

Exclusive: Conversation with Steve Jobs on the iPhone 4 antenna problems Boy Genius Report
    I'm convinced it's true. It's sad to say, but he is *so* acting the way he was portraited in "The Pirates Of Sillicon Valley" (1999).
    I know the geek alert for someone saying they've seen the film is very high. However the film seems to ring very true at least reg. Steve Jobs.
    WebOS still makes sense.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast