Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    BGR made an error. This was NOT said by Jobs. It was from TOM to Jobs.

I'm not an Apple fan. Never owned one, never will. This is not fair though. Jobs didn't say it.
    agreed. Not fair if he did not say it.
    Yeah but it might as well have been Jobs as the other stuff he said were just as dismissive and filled with denial.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I certainly won't defend all of the other ******'y comments in the conversation. Just the last statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's hard to know for sure, but I'm not quick to believe anything Apple says at this point. It's certainly to their benefit to deny the whole thing and claim they were fakes. Even if they were, it doesn't make the actual problem any less significant.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    @finngirl

yes, I have a Mac.

fyi, I don't own a ford, but I reserve the right to have an opinion on how they handle the next recall (remember the firestone catastrophe?) and I reserve the right to form an opinion of their CEO even if I don't own a ford.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    My thoughts include the following:
    - People are easily duped.
    - Haters believe anything so long as it supports their irrational viewpoints.
    - Wafflers will acknowledge the forged email and follow up with a "but I still hate him because..."
    - Most of the rabid Pre owners will continue to believe this email thread was true.

It's all human nature.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think Palm was scraping by money wise.
    Interesting. Not having enough money is a justified reason for releasing shoddy hardware?

And at the time of Pre launch then Palm DID have money. Granted it wasnt Apple/MS/Google money, but it was enough to get them to reboot an entire company and develop an entirely new and modern OS from scratch. WebOS was everything Palm needed to compete, but the decision for Palm to cheap out on basics like an outdated camera, cheap plastics, skimpy memory etc had nothing to do with deep pockets. Sometimes companies, big or small, simply make bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Apple has money spewing outta their ears. So they surely had the funding to get it right.
    Is that really true? In the Mac world then the expectations for a product that is priced to exceed current market value should be held higher than everyone else. But what if the product is priced CHEAPER than the competition?

HP is a good example of this since they also have money "spewing" from orifices. If an HP Envy has an issue then the buyer should go nuts because his $1500 isnt getting it's value. But if a $190 HP 210 netbook has an issue then don't we say "heck. thats what you get for buying such a cheap product". It's not a free pass for the flaws, but it does affect the urgency to throw a hissy-fit. So in this case then maybe people are overreacting by going nuts over a limited flaw in what should be considered an "affordable" product. Either exchange it, or just wait for a fix.

Isn't this the price we pay for new design?
    With the iPhone I am not at all claiming the flaw doesn't exist. I very much do believe that something is wrong here...BUT...what if Apple just popped in the new iphone guts in the same curved shell? It wouldn't have the antenna issue but the exact same predictable whiners out here would be criticizing them for not doing something different.

Whether people admit it or not, we LIKE new designs even if the old one worked and if the next Pre turns out to be the exact same shell but faster and more durable then many (most?) of us would be pretty disappointed. But IF the new HP WebOS device was some new hotshot design that shamed the industry, but had the same antenna issue, we'd forgive it because it's all part of getting a facelift. Just because it's not perfect doesn't mean it isn't bad@$$.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Then tell him to return it?

What is so difficult for a customer to understand: if you get a defective product, RETURN it. Do normal rules of commerce suddenly not apply in Apple-land?
    It is weird, isn't it? When a problem happens with any other device then the immediate response is "exchange it, dummy". But when it's Apple then it's "Sue those lying *******s!".

I understand the perspective of users who are new to apple and suddenly surprised that an Apple product may be flawed.

But where the molehill becomes a mountain is that the loudest complaints come from non-users who have no intention to ever buy one. What motivates someone to obsess over things they don't want makes me jealous of all their excess freetime.
    Last edited by Urkel; 07/02/2010 at 05:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    My thoughts include the following:
    - People are easily duped.
    - Haters believe anything so long as it supports their irrational viewpoints.
    - Wafflers will acknowledge the forged email and follow up with a "but I still hate him because..."
    - Most of the rabid Pre owners will continue to believe this email thread was true.

It's all human nature.
    Summed up perfectly...

The rabid Pre owners love to jump all over this because the Pre has been a miserable failure in the marketplace. When Apple can sell more iPhones in 4 days than Palm has sold Pre's from Day 1, it stings the Pre community.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Summed up perfectly...

The rabid Pre owners love to jump all over this because the Pre has been a miserable failure in the marketplace. When Apple can sell more iPhones in 4 days than Palm has sold Pre's from Day 1, it stings the Pre community.
    And Rabid apple lovers jumped to Steve's defense for something that would be unacceptable but true.
    Steve Jobs emails 'are real' claims Boy Genius Report, says Apple PRPRPR $lied$ $to$ $press$

Steve Jobs emails 'are real' claims Boy Genius Report, says Apple PR lied to press -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Steve Jobs emails 'are real' claims Boy Genius Report, says Apple PRPRPR $lied$ $to$ $press$

Steve Jobs emails 'are real' claims Boy Genius Report, says Apple PR lied to press -- Engadget
    Not surprising. The jerkiness of the reply's seemed like Jobs. However, if it wasn't Steve Job, then that means someone in Apple's Company uses that email address and within Apple's tightly controlled environment, I find that impossible to believe. I mean this is the company that has a department for leaks where they will lock down a person's computer and ability to talk to the outside world while they are being investigated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    Not surprising. The jerkiness of the reply's seemed like Jobs. However, if it wasn't Steve Job, then that means someone in Apple's Company uses that email address and within Apple's tightly controlled environment, I find that impossible to believe. I mean this is the company that has a department for leaks where they will lock down a person's computer and ability to talk to the outside world while they are being investigated.
    I have no idea if its real or not, but host headers are easily faked.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234