Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The ifanboys got their heads stuck so far up this guy's as* that if he straight up tells them:
    "F*** off!!!!" they'd go: "Thanks Steve, you're so classy....can you autograph this for me?"
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Re-evaluate your life, Prioritize your problems, Get over it.

It's exactly the message i feel Jobs was trying to get to.. He definitely comes off as level-headed. I don't have an opinion of him other then he handled it in a similar way I would have. Media, and gossip make things 100 x worse then it really was.. Really..
    If I am a customer with a complaint, telling me to prioritize and evaluate isn't level-headed. It's condescending at best.

Next time your steak isn't cooked right, or the checkout line at Kroger moves too slow, or your new car has a problem... let me know if that answer would work for you coming from someone you just gave money too...

You just CAN'T be serious that you would put up with that if you heard that from someone if you had a complaint. REALLY?
    ... and I'll still buy the iPhone 4 (just waiting on the white version). The CEO of a company has no influence on what I purchase or don't purchase. I have no loyalty to any person, being or company.

The signal attenuation problem is real, but only manifests itself when you deliberately try to cause the problem. If you use the phone as normal there is no issue. I've talked to several friends who own one and done my own extensive testing on a couple different demo units at the AT&T store.
    Steve Jobs doesn't care, you are one customer out of millions. Besides you already bought the iPhone, the money is already in his pocket.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The signal attenuation problem is real, but only manifests itself when you deliberately try to cause the problem.
    Not from how my co-worker tells it. All he has to do is hold it to his face (either hand in any position) and it'll just lost connection. He's just started answering and setting it on the desk with speaker phone only.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Way to live in Hyperbole-land. LOL
    Thank you....so hows the weather in Steve's promised land aka delusional land? i bet its always sunny with rainbows.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Not from how my co-worker tells it. All he has to do is hold it to his face (either hand in any position) and it'll just lost connection. He's just started answering and setting it on the desk with speaker phone only.
    Then tell him to return it?

What is so difficult for a customer to understand: if you get a defective product, RETURN it. Do normal rules of commerce suddenly not apply in Apple-land?

(a company gets 'too' many; they fix it or go out of business. Problem solved.)

I can't understand all the hand wringing.

The only people who should even care about this issue are 1) people who have bought the iPhone4, and 2) stockholders.

Everyone else's fascination is simply stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    ... and I'll still buy the iPhone 4 (just waiting on the white version). The CEO of a company has no influence on what I purchase or don't purchase. I have no loyalty to any person, being or company.
    I agree, if the product met my needs I would still buy it. I still fill up at the BP station. Don't want that local owner to fail because of the sign on his business.

But I think the CEO of both companies are jerks. I think the apple fans need to adopt that approach: still like the products, but agree that Jobs is an arrogant jerk.

BTW, big FAIL to AT&T for charging a restocking fee if you decide to return your right-hand-only iPhone 4.

Ps. Did you know that the CEO of AT&T recently got married? I heard that the service was pretty good, but the reception was terrible.
    Then tell him to return it?

What is so difficult for a customer to understand: if you get a defective product, RETURN it. Do normal rules of commerce suddenly not apply in Apple-land?
    If apple denies the problem, it isn't a warranty claim. That makes it subject to a restocking fee... those are the "normal" rules of commerce.

Did you cut Palm and Sprint the same slack over Oreo and other early issues?
    >> I think the apple fans need to adopt that approach: still like the products, but agree that Jobs is an arrogant jerk.>>

LOL. You think apple fans need to agree that Jobs is an arrogant jerk.

No arrogance there, no way! Hah!

(Thank you for telling me who I need to label an arrogant jerk - god knows my own experience on this earth doesn't assist me with that....)

BTW, find me one CEO, anywhere, of a company larger than a gnat's ***, that isn't an arrogant jerk.
    >> I think the apple fans need to adopt that approach: still like the products, but agree that Jobs is an arrogant jerk.>>

LOL. You think apple fans need to agree that Jobs is an arrogant jerk.

No arrogance there, no way! Hah!

(Thank you for telling me who I need to label an arrogant jerk - god knows my own experience on this earth doesn't assist me with that....)

BTW, find me one CEO, anywhere, of a company larger than a gnat's ***, that isn't an arrogant jerk.
    Wow, you really missed the point. Let me say it this way... "you can hate the player (Jobs) without hating the game (Apple)"... and people won't be as critical of the crazy fans that continue to defend him.

I didn't tell you what to think, I told you why you look so silly to me when you say what you think. If you wouldn't defend something so indefensible, you would have more credibility with me. That's my opinion.

The fact that you took my opinion as instruction explains why you take every word from Jobs as error free scripture. You would be easy to sell aluminum siding to....

And you are correct that most CEOs are arrogant jerks. One more reason why it shouldn't be hard for Apple fans to criticize Jobs... but it appears to be impossible to expect any criticism of anything that he says or does.
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I can't see anything wrong with Jobs' response. I think he replied in a way any CEO worth his salt would act. I mean, what are we looking for here, for Jobs to offer the guy a hug from all the android people laughing at him?
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    I can't see anything wrong with Jobs' response. I think he replied in a way any CEO worth his salt would act. I mean, what are we looking for here, for Jobs to offer the guy a hug from all the android people laughing at him?
    As i said, remember that the next time you have a complaint with something YOU purchased. Imagine if your new car had a serious flaw right after you bought it, and the dealer told you to prioritize.

Imagine if Toyota said that to runaway Prius owners. Imagine if BP said that to the fishing and hospitality businesses in the gulf region...

I am so shocked, I just have to close my browser...
    I think even the most rabid phone fans would agree there is a big difference with some users dropping calls, and some Prius' brakes not working. Don't you?

do you have an iPhone? Are you an Apple user?

if not, why do you care?

i suspect the reason is because it makes you feel better for your platform of choice (Pre or Android? I don't know which you are).

In that case, no prob. Seriously. We all, including me, enjoy seeing things that reinforce our decisions. human nature.

(and if you are a Pre fan/user, you have a lot of stones. Palm was in the phone business for many, many years, successfully, before Apple even thought of entering the business, so there was no excuse for the absolute lemons they came out with.)
    I think Palm was scraping by money wise.
    Apple has money spewing outta their ears. So they surely had the funding to get it right.
  16. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    As i said, remember that the next time you have a complaint with something YOU purchased. Imagine if your new car had a serious flaw right after you bought it, and the dealer told you to prioritize.

Imagine if Toyota said that to runaway Prius owners. Imagine if BP said that to the fishing and hospitality businesses in the gulf region...
    C'mon Workerb33, comparing a runaway Prius or BP to an iPhone with a bad signal isn't fair. An iPhone with a bad signal isn't going to kill anybody (unless it's jack bauer maybe, but he's probably using a Sprint Pre, which will probably kill him with a TMC error when he tries to bring up his phone app to stop the freedom-haters).

The letter would've been messed up if he said, "there's no issue, none at all", but he clearly said they were working on it.
    [CODE[/CODE]
    C'mon Workerb33, comparing a runaway Prius or BP to an iPhone with a bad signal isn't fair. An iPhone with a bad signal isn't going to kill anybody (unless it's jack bauer maybe, but he's probably using a Sprint Pre, which will probably kill him with a TMC error when he tries to bring up his phone app to stop the freedom-haters).

The letter would've been messed up if he said, "there's no issue, none at all", but he clearly said they were working on it.
    hey did go a bit far.... vbut if you look at what a car is supposed to do well
    start, stay running, drive, stop...
    then if any of those things are not happening...its a big problem
    a phone should be able to make phone calls.
    the iphone4 does that, but not well.
    but it's more complicated than that because this is not just any phone...its the IPHONE4... The smartphone standard for all to measure upto...that has sold over 2 million phones in 2 weeks. So, there is going to be a massive **** storm if it can't do what the one thing a phone should do well...mahe phone calls.

Of course I wasn't comparing those issues. I was comparing their response strategy. Geesh.
    I can... Responding. He is a control freak with a massive ego problem. He runs one of the biggest corps in usa. Instead of letting someone else in CS handle it... He does it himself. I wonder if he was rummaging thru gizmodo employee's house along with FBI?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    "Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it." Steve Jobs

I think this might be the coolest thing he's ever said.
    BGR made an error. This was NOT said by Jobs. It was from TOM to Jobs.

I'm not an Apple fan. Never owned one, never will. This is not fair though. Jobs didn't say it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast