Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Consider me confused.
    Why on earth are your choices such polar opposites? I'm sorry but this reads more like a troll thread.

A Pixi is a low end hard keyboard phone with a slow processor and the only good thing about it is its WebOS and its darn near zero cost to buy and use.

The iPhone is a significant money investment with a fast everything and no hardware keyboard. Sure its iOS is not as nice as the WebOS its still 100x the phone (hardware speaking) The only aside is from the latest antenna and proximity woes that appear to be more hardware than software related.

A realistic comparison would be something more like and EVO/Incredible to an iPhone. Hardware and software is much more feature loaded and all have similar costs & soft keyboards. The last logical comparison might be a Pre Plus vs a iPhone 3G (8GB). Much more comparable in cost and hardware. (Do they even still sell the old 3G?)
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I'd recommend the Palm Pre Plus to be honest. If your dead-set on the pixi Id'd prefer it to the iPhone due to a combination of recption issues, a breakable back to the phone, and unlimited data with free mobile hotspot on verizon.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Consider me confused.
    Why on earth are your choices such polar opposites? I'm sorry but this reads more like a troll thread.
    I would recommend reading the thread before drawing this conclusion. The iPhone 4 and Pixi were the devices I liked best. However as it states throughout the thread, I've since returned the iPhone 4 and also upgraded from the Pixi+ to the Pre+ primarily due to the text on non-mobile-formatted web pages being too difficult to read.

Thanks for your comments nonetheless. The Pixi puts up a good fight against the iPhone believe it or not. It's not to be underestimated

-n8
    --------------------------------
    Love hate since launch day.
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    I would recommend reading the thread before drawing this conclusion. The iPhone 4 and Pixi were the devices I liked best. However as it states throughout the thread, I've since returned the iPhone 4 and also upgraded from the Pixi+ to the Pre+ primarily due to the text on non-mobile-formatted web pages being too difficult to read.

Thanks for your comments nonetheless. The Pixi puts up a good fight against the iPhone believe it or not. It's not to be underestimated

-n8
    hmmm....well then...posts like this make me appreciate my 'old' Pre even more.

Still not convinced on the Pixi's 'power', but definitely feel better about my Pre's abilities. Now if they would only come out with a full featured WebOS (2.0) with the required speed, voice and other feature improvements to match the Android & iOSes, I would never even consider anything else.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    hmmm....well then...posts like this make me appreciate my 'old' Pre even more.

Still not convinced on the Pixi's 'power', but definitely feel better about my Pre's abilities. Now if they would only come out with a full featured WebOS (2.0) with the required speed, voice and other feature improvements to match the Android & iOSes, I would never even consider anything else.
    Really the only thing I miss is having a super camera with me at all times. I wish the Pre+ had auto-focus.

-n8
    If you have the money, and don't mind that apple decides what apps you are allowed to install go with the iphone.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    I'd recommend the Palm Pre Plus to be honest. If your dead-set on the pixi Id'd prefer it to the iPhone due to a combination of recption issues, a breakable back to the phone, and unlimited data with free mobile hotspot on verizon.
    Already upgraded to the Pre +.'

Honestly I just got a Pre so I can hang with you guys here at Precentral. TiPB is great and all, but with all the Android trolls it's a bit, shall we say, uncivilized. After 3 years of iPhone I was more or less a bored gadget nerd looking for something new and exciting.

Believe it or not, for a second I considered a Nokia n900! I am a linux nerd and somewhat a glutton for punishment.

Anyhow I'm not unhappy with Apple or the iPhone, I was just looking for something different. And WebOS is much better than it was a little over a year ago when I got my first launch day Pre.

-n8
    I would never go to AT&T. I would take the Pixi. If they were both on Verizon, that would be a slightly different story. Why do you not want to go with the Pre Plus? That would be a better match for the iPhone 4.
    yesterday i was going into a mall to do some shopping and didnt' want to carry a pocket full of devices. i took my ipod and left my pre in the car. I don't normally go without my phone but in a sense i think right there i made a choice as to which one was more important to me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234