Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow that was quick, MS has killed Kin.

Microsoft Kin is dead -- Engadget
    Deep down...I'm ecstatic for this.
    It's good when a company knows when to pull the plug on a project. The Kin was a terrible idea...
  4.    #4  
    I am in complete agreement with you! Next up Windows Phone 7!
    Quote Originally Posted by ev99wutang View Post
    I am in complete agreement with you! Next up Windows Phone 7!
    An almost equally pointless OS.
    It was DOA, and they just now had the sense to tell it to lie down.
    I guess we should notify the next of kin (sorry couldn't help it)
    I can't believe it was even launched.

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I can't believe it was even launched.

<<Thread Moved>>
    One could argue that it never really was "launched"... wasn't there a movie called "failure to launch"???
    Aww... man, I'm so disappointed. I was going to buy three of them! [/sarcasm]
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I tried one at my local Verizon store and it looked like a cheap toy phone that you get from a Pinata. I mean, how do they expect people to buy something that looks like a prototype with such an expensive service plan? They must be smoking something good for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Aww... man, I'm so disappointed. I was going to buy three of them! [/sarcasm]
    Apparently you have a need for 3 door stops?
    Actually, I have a table with one leg longer than the other three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Actually, I have a table with one leg longer than the other three.
    You would be better off sawing the leg shorter
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Master of the obvious!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Perhaps, but then I would have absolutely NO use for three Kins. So you see my dilemma.
    This is a pretty severe indictment of how badly Microsoft mismanaged the Danger acquisition. Danger had a very loyal following and the data loss disaster they had on Tmobile Dangers and now this very weak and pointless Kin fiasco are very troubling imo. Microsoft hasn't seemed to have executed anything well in mobile for a long time now. Lets see what they do with Windows phone 7...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    microsoft sucks. if exe's weren't so damn lucious and YES, they'd SO be outta business. the only reason I still have the need for an xp desktop is to sync my zune 4GB, the only good piece of hardware MS has pushed in a WHILE. and I'm SO not dualbooting my macbook with that crap.
    I kind of liked the kinOS a bit. it was kinda cool, but the hardware sucked and tried too much to be like a pre >.>
    but honestly, that kin studio demanded a bit too much from my wallet
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    This is a pretty severe indictment of how badly Microsoft mismanaged the Danger acquisition. Danger had a very loyal following and the data loss disaster they had on Tmobile Dangers and now this very weak and pointless Kin fiasco are very troubling imo. Microsoft hasn't seemed to have executed anything well in mobile for a long time now. Lets see what they do with Windows phone 7...
    You can point back to the day Ballmer took over and realize they haven't had many wins since then. Win7 is the notable exception, but that is cancelled out by Vista.

The Kin software is really cool, and they will build it in to Win7 and Phone7 to get leverage from it. They could also make it an iPhone app and get a lot of traction. It's a very cool platform, just not in the absence of a decent phone. It isn't enough to be the single feature on the phone if it is lacking so many other features that are expected by their target market (iPhone).

Let's see, I can have the most popular phone with the most amazing apps, or I can have a phone that lets me do any-to-any social networking and nothing else...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Confirmed: Microsoft Kin is dead

That's a painful quote:

"Microsoft has neither confirmed nor denied reports that only 500 of the Kins were sold since the launch last month."

Business Insider article with more of the unconfirmed 500 devices story.
    Last edited by Blackavar; 06/30/2010 at 05:46 PM.
    10+ years of PalmOS and WebOS devices, from Vx through several Clies (until Sony killed them), to Tungsten T5 and T|X, to Centro, to Pre Plus.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast