Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackavar View Post
    [url= Microsoft Kin is dead[/url]

That's a painful quote, though it's "neither confirmed nor denied":

"Microsoft has neither confirmed nor denied reports that only 500 of the Kins were sold since the launch last month."
    make that 501, I just bought one right now
    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackavar View Post
    Confirmed: Microsoft Kin is dead

That's a painful quote, though it's "neither confirmed nor denied":

"Microsoft has neither confirmed nor denied reports that only 500 of the Kins were sold since the launch last month."
    It's great news to know that Verizon has more Kins stacked up in their warehouse than they have Pre and Pixi...

I'll bet there are some Verizon product managers looking for work after so many failed launches. Other than MotoDroid, they haven't had a winner since the RAZR... and their excess inventory continues to accumulate!
    The initial price and data plan killed it, plus a few things vital to social networking were missing from what I read.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    A followup - looks like 500 was lower than actual, but it's still really bad:

Update, 3:25 p.m.: Added that, according to a source, Kin sales have been greater than 1,000 but less than 10,000 units, well below expectations.

Also, giving decent support to that, the Kin Facebook app has 8043 'active users'. Considering that Facebook and other social networking sites were pretty much the core selling point of the Kin, that's probably just about all of them.
    Last edited by Blackavar; 06/30/2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added Kin FB app link.
    10+ years of PalmOS and WebOS devices, from Vx through several Clies (until Sony killed them), to Tungsten T5 and T|X, to Centro, to Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    As much as people will forever poke fun of the kin, it's intended usage isn't very different than what most Pre users do. Facebook, Text, Email, Web, Phone all on a smaller-than-standard device with a built in keyboard.
    As much as people will forever poke fun of the kin, it's intended usage isn't very different than what most iphone users do. Facebook, Text, Email, Web, Phone all on a poorly designed device with a built in keyboard.
    Who killed Kin-eee

This guy's got my vote!

@Urkel and Garrett92C:

Both the Pre and the iPhone are much more capable phones. Dumbphones now have "Facebook, Text, Email, Web, Phone". Save yourself some money and get one of those if you're buying for a kid. Or try a real smartphone if you're a 20-something. For the prices they wanted on Verizon, you could get Pre Plus or a Droid Eris.

Yeah I cheated with copy and paste lol. All kidding aside, the Kin was a terrible "value". Even if they were trying to copy the smartphone experience, the fact remains, it wasn't a smartphone and didn't even imitate well. hardware aside, the usuability was worse.

Microsoft Kin One and Two review -- Engadget

One point: "No app store, no IM client, no games, no calendar... not even visual voicemail or some carrier-hitched GPS app."

And there are others in that review. The cumbersome email process is sad. BIG FAIL, MSFT.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    There was a lot more than that. Anyone with half a brain could see this was going to happen. It's pretty bizarre it even made it out the door.

This may win first place when they do the top worst things at the end of year, decade,..ever? lol

Worse than the phone is the lack of confidence i have in MS right now. I've not been a fan of office changes. I hope they don't turn windows 7 into garbage.
    Does this mean there will be no kincentral.net?
    Dammitall... I wanted me a hamburger phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Dammitall... I wanted me a hamburger phone.
    lololol
    Ha! I just saw a KIN commercial on the Craig Fergusen show... That's money well spent...
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    There was a lot more than that. Anyone with half a brain could see this was going to happen. It's pretty bizarre it even made it out the door.

This may win first place when they do the top worst things at the end of year, decade,..ever? lol

Worse than the phone is the lack of confidence i have in MS right now. I've not been a fan of office changes. I hope they don't turn windows 7 into garbage.

Windows and Office are still their main bread and butter. If they ruin those entirely, many computer users are in trouble, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Windows and Office are still their main bread and butter. If they ruin those entirely, many computer users are in trouble, lol.
    I still run WinXP with Office 2000.... I just don't see any reason to 'upgrade'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    As much as people will forever poke fun of the kin, it's intended usage isn't very different than what most Pre users do. Facebook, Text, Email, Web, Phone all on a smaller-than-standard device with a built in keyboard.
    Don't Pre users have a calendar too?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12