Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was crying laughing after i watched this:

That video really hits the nail on the head doesn't it?
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    "I Dont Care"

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    "I Dont Care"
    Is that any way for a "peace keeper" to talk?
    "I Dont Care"

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Is that any way for a "peace keeper" to talk?
    i believe he was quoting the iphone nutcase in the video
    "I Dont Care"

(yes i am lol)

"I Dont Care"

(yes i am lol)
    Peacekeaper

(so am I)
    LoL, Im Just Pokin Fun At The Vid. I Had To Send It To All My iPhone Using Friends. And Right Away, They Started Defending Themselves.

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    That is just the best. Spells it our clearly. I had tears laughing so hard.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    That is just the best. Spells it our clearly. I had tears laughing so hard.
    That video doesn't spell out anything, other than a lot of people have problems telling the difference between one thing that is better than the other.

What was said in the video...

The Evo 4G has a bigger screen…

FAIL!! Why? The resolution on that larger Evo screen is 800 x 480. While the iPhone's resolution is 960 x 640 and it has the Retina display which stomps all over that Evo screen.

So, why get a bigger screen that has smaller resolution? Would you get a 17" laptop that has a smaller resolution than a laptop with a 15" screen?

The internet is up to 3x faster with 4G…

That's a out right lie. Nothing more needs to be said.

The Evo has a higher resolution camera…

Any intelligent person knows that a larger camera resolution means nothing. It's all about the optics. Get schooled here…

iPhone 4 camera beats the smartphone competition | Phones | iPhone Central | Macworld

The Evo can video chat on 4G…

Try using Qik on that 4G service when you can find 4G and you will see how horrible it is and figure out real Qik (ha ha) why Apple makes it wifi only. Also, check out this video of Qik in action and notice how you have to press a button to actually speak and while that buttoned is pressed, the person on the other side can't say anything. Yea, that's awesome!! LOL! Apple doesn't force the user(s) to suffer thru that. They actually did it the way you would think it is supposed to work. Just having a conversation naturally where both can talk and listen at the same time.

The battery is replaceable on the Evo…

Where I work, over 200 employees use company issued Blackberrys. Guess how many of those employees carry around an extra battery. ZERO!! Just like over 95% of the cell phone using population. Or, he could have just said the Evo's battery life sucks and, YES, you need to carry around an extra battery or TWO!

The Evo 4G has a Memory card…

Yep and the OS separates the info on the memory card from the stuff in the internal memory. That's real user friendly, huh? The smart thing to do would be to put adequate memory in the phone, like Apple did.

The Evo 4G has video wall paper…

Seriosly, is that really considered a feature or an annoyance?

The Sprint monthly cell bill is cheaper…

That's because they need all the customers they can get. Sprint is not doing you any favors, they are just trying to stay in business.

What a waste of a video. Most of what was said was inaccurate and glossing over so much. Maybe the person that created the video and the people that have commented so far should spend more time seeing the extreme differences between the Evo 4G and the iPhone because the differences are as extreme as the iPhone and the Palm Pre.

So, it seems to me that the customer in the video and all the other customers in the world want an iPhone 4 and not a cheap imitation of one.
    Last edited by SoFly; 06/30/2010 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sofly View Post
    that video doesn't spell out anything, other than a lot of people have problems telling the difference between one thing that is better than the other.

What was said in the video...

the evo 4g has a bigger screen…

fail!! Why? The resolution on that larger evo screen is 800 x 480. While the iphone's resolution is 960 x 640 and it has the retina display which stomps all over that evo screen.

So, why get a bigger screen that has smaller resolution? Would you get a 17" laptop that has a smaller resolution than a laptop with a 15" screen?

the internet is up to 3x faster with 4g…

that's a out right lie. Nothing more needs to be said.

the evo has a higher resolution camera…

any intelligent person knows that a larger camera resolution means nothing. It's all about the optics. Get schooled here…

iphone 4 camera beats the smartphone competition | phones | iphone central | macworld

the evo can video chat on 4g…

try using qik on that 4g service when you can find 4g and you will see how horrible it is and figure out real qik (ha ha) why apple makes it wifi only. Also, check out this video of qik in action and notice how you have to press a button to actually speak and while that buttoned is pressed, the person on the other side can't say anything. Yea, that's awesome!! Lol! Apple doesn't force the user(s) to suffer thru that. They actually did it the way you would think it is supposed to work. Just having a conversation naturally where both can talk and listen at the same time.

the battery is replaceable on the evo…

where i work, over 200 employees use company issued blackberrys. Guess how many of those employees carry around an extra battery. Zero!! Just like over 95% of the cell phone using population. Or, he could have just said the evo's battery life sucks and, yes, you need to carry around an extra battery or two!

the evo 4g has a memory card…

yep and the os separates the info on the memory card from the stuff in the internal memory. That's real user friendly, huh? The smart thing to do would be to put adequate memory in the phone, like apple did.

the evo 4g has video wall paper…

seriosly, is that really considered a feature or an annoyance?

the sprint monthly cell bill is cheaper…

that's because they need all the customers they can get. Sprint is not doing you any favors, they are just trying to stay in business.

What a waste of a video. Most of what was said was inaccurate and glossing over so much. Maybe the person that created the video and the people that have commented so far should spend more time seeing the extreme differences between the evo 4g and the iphone because the differences are as extreme as the iphone and the palm pre.

So, it seems to me that the customer in the video and all the other customers in the world want an iphone 4 and not a cheap imitation of one.
    i dont care

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    i dont care
    LMAO!

Bottom line: The new iFone is a great device and all but AT$T sux and is over priced, period.
    SoFly;

Relax - its a parody of what many people observe in the real world ("I gotta get an iPhone as soon as it comes out - they are the best phones!").

Blind fantacism, no matter what the market, can be totally hilarious at times - this video is a great take on how it relates to how the rest of the world (that aren't fanatics) sees it.

You could take out all of the specific information and replace it with anything from "earth shoes" (remember them in the 70's?) to Sony Walkman and it would be just as funny!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    SoFly;

Relax - its a parody of what many people observe in the real world ("I gotta get an iPhone as soon as it comes out - they are the best phones!").

Blind fantacism, no matter what the market, can be totally hilarious at times - this video is a great take on how it relates to how the rest of the world (that aren't fanatics) sees it.

You could take out all of the specific information and replace it with anything from "earth shoes" (remember them in the 70's?) to Sony Walkman and it would be just as funny!

I'm not as old as you, apparently. It's ok to make a parody of something using factual info, but that video was full of lies, so I don't consider it a parody.
    SoFLy;

Parodies and characatures all use bits and pieces of the original topic to expand on. embelish with, and then completely blow out of proportion - its called "entertainment". The fact that this was so blatant, and so sarcastic was what made it hilarious to me, and apparently many others~.

Lighten up!

Apple is still Apple, and the iPhone is alive and kicking and working (sometimes, when you don't touch the antennae on the left and bottom side with your hand simultaneously.. )
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    SoFLy;

Parodies and characatures all use bits and pieces of the original topic to expand on. The fact that this was so blatant, and so sarcastic was what made it hilarious to me, and apparently many others~.

Lighten up!

Apple is still Apple, and the iPhone is alive and kicking and working (sometimes, when you don't touch the antennae on the left and bottom side with your hand simultaneously.. )
    I'm still waiting on you to tell me about Earth shoes. Yes, I could Google it, but I want to hear about them for the first time from someone that lived thru it.
    It was just a joke. Seeing someone get so mad about it makes it that much better. Thanks sofly
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    I'm still waiting on you to tell me about Earth shoes. Yes, I could Google it, but I want to hear about them for the first time from someone that lived thru it.
    At the risk of going off topic:

Earth shoes were, IMO, UGLIEST shoes ever made, but, were designed with the heel lower than the toe which made them, supposedly, the "most comfortable shoes ever made" (um, a good pair of sneakers were just as comfy, cheaper and looked even better, though, I and most of my friends thought), and those who bought them in the mid 70's loved and swore by them, literally.. then people started buying them because they heard aout them, etc..

Back on topic (just to appease the moderator):

I loved the "robot" voice on the sales guy in this video...

Last edited by LCGuy; 06/30/2010 at 07:46 PM.

A counterpoint:

[youtube]UAOtC9QfXac[/youtube]

Edit: Accck! Working on it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast