Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LMAO! nice one oddlou
    TO take a video so seriously when the video said "the Evo can grant you 3 wishes" is ridiculous.

Have a sense of humor...no one it taking your precious away from you.
  3.    #23  
    lol, i love the direction of this thread. i didn't know there were iphone fanatics on precentral, but all the better! entertaining responses and that picture was hilarious.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Author of Evo versus iPhone 4 video might lose job at Best Buy:

http://www.androidcentral.com/author...might-lose-job
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Author of Evo versus iPhone 4 video might lose job at Best Buy:

http://www.androidcentral.com/author...might-lose-job
    damn, that sucks. well, i guess that's the price of internet fame, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    damn, that sucks. well, i guess that's the price of internet fame, huh?
    It's probably more the price of publicly disparaging one of your prime clients.
    [MODERATOR NOTE]
    The posts with remarks about other users are removed.

Talk about the video. Talk about the EVO or iPhone. Don't call each other names.

We now return you to your regular programming.

- Craig
    [/MODERATOR NOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    [MODERATOR NOTE]
    The posts with remarks about other users are removed.

Talk about the video. Talk about the EVO or iPhone. Don't call each other names.

We now return you to your regular programming.

- Craig
    [/MODERATOR NOTE]
    Thank You. I Was Wondering When Something Was Gunna Be Said About That.
    Best Buy wasn't even mentioned and this is opinion. It's not like he destroyed Best Buy's name. Him being fired is asinine!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It's probably more the price of publicly disparaging one of your prime clients.
    Apple probably paid to have the author tracked down. Found out it was a Best buy employee and put pressure on Best buy. Steve Jobs and all the Apple folks need to lighten up and get a real life. You can't take a joke. Hope they fix their antenna issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    Apple probably paid to have the author tracked down. Found out it was a Best buy employee and put pressure on Best buy. Steve Jobs and all the Apple folks need to lighten up and get a real life. You can't take a joke. Hope they fix their antenna issue.
    As far fetched as that may sound to some, I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that. When Ellen made fun of the iPhone, supposedly she got a phone call from the Holy Church of Apple and had to apologize.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Sheesh, I guess somebody in here takes their iphone VERY seriously! Pray to Jobs they're not all this serious about a phone! I meant pray to God but to some, there might not be a difference between the two lol
    It's definitely Apple's fault.
    Gizmodo covers the creator of this video possibly being fired from best buy... interesting read. I wonder If Steve Jobs put a call into Best Buys ;-)

Best Buy Wants to Fire Employee For His iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO Video
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    still the funniest video ever a lil 2 nsfw towards the end but I agree any hot item can replace the Iphone in this vid. This video more about society then the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    still the funniest video ever a lil 2 nsfw towards the end but I agree any hot item can replace the Iphone in this vid. This video more about society then the product.
    ding..ding..ding! Exactly right! Every decade or two you could change the company name out for the newest company/item that calls the drones to the hive. I saw a blogger make the comment the other day when he posted about the iPhone rumored to be hitting Verizon this year - "I pray to God that this is true". Dude... it's just a phone... not a new cure for diabetes being released.
    Lmao! That's a great video.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The author of the video owns a Palm Pre.

AP News: Worker in trouble for snarky iPhone-Evo video
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    LMAO!

Bottom line: The new iFone is a great device and all but AT$T sux and is over priced, period.
    agreed. I thought the video was quite funny actually. I will agree though a lot of the differences are not so major that they would deter me. Like both cameras seem to take really nice pictures. 5mp or 8mp? i wouldnt' worry about it. I think they are both nice phones.

i got a chance to use the Iphone 4 yesterday and the day before. I was quite a bit more impressed then i thought i'd be. Multitasking is very good as long as the software is written for it which a lot isn't yet. It's a very solid and heavy feeling phone where as my pre feels lighter and less solid. Some say plasticky which, after a year, i know understand what they mean. But i was most impress by how solid it feels. I tried to get it to drop a signal, the antenna issue, and couldn't so my guess is that it's hit or miss kinda like how some early pre owners had oreo issue but i didn't. Still on my original pre by the way. No returns or exchanges. The screen is very clear and youtube HD videos look amazing on that screen. No lag in the software either. and we did a face time call. that was extremely cool way to see family on the 4th of july.

found this video too
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 07/05/2010 at 02:52 PM.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    The author of the video owns a Palm Pre.

AP News: Worker in trouble for snarky iPhone-Evo video
    lol, nice find.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast