Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Simply amazing:
    I phone 4 sucks...heck any iphone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyrude432 View Post
    I phone 4 sucks...heck any iphone!!
    That's original....

Impressive work, I think. Granted, probably something 99% of us will never need our phone to do, it's still pretty mind boggling that a phone can do that.
    Wow. That's pretty amazing
    The art is in the planning and editing, not in the device. Don't get me wrong....the phone has great optics, but it takes a lot of setup and craftsmanship to get results like that out of it.

Just like how very professional albums have been composed and recorded on laptops, sometimes the limitations of your tools focus and compel you.
  6.    #6  
    Skill aside, the fact that the phone can produce this kind of quality of video and it be entirely produced AND edited on the phone (without ever even needed to hit a computer) is pretty phenomenal.
    Im Not Fan Of The iPhone, But That Right There, Was Great.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Nice what about the music????
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Skill aside, the fact that the phone can produce this kind of quality of video and it be entirely produced AND edited on the phone (without ever even needed to hit a computer) is pretty phenomenal.
    Yeaaaaah, but that's not what he did. The guy had to do ADR to get the clean dialogue between the little girl and the old man, and he had to bounce it down to a track with the music in some external program on another computer, THEN put it in iTunes, THEN sync his phone up so iMovie could use the new polished audio track. Additionally, the camera was mounted to a number of dollies for image stability and additional professional lighting was applied for indoor shots.

The notion that this was done with "just" an iPhone 4 is ridiculous. Try to produce similar results without any of the above. You can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeaaaaah, but that's not what he did. The guy had to do ADR to get the clean dialogue between the little girl and the old man, and he had to bounce it down to a track with the music in some external program on another computer, THEN put it in iTunes, THEN sync his phone up so iMovie could use the new polished audio track. Additionally, the camera was mounted to a number of dollies for image stability and additional professional lighting was applied for indoor shots.

The notion that this was done with "just" an iPhone 4 is ridiculous. Try to produce similar results without any of the above. You can't.
    But the video was still shot and edited on the phone. Adding audio tracks hardly warrants calling "shenanegans".

-n8
    @darkzone, I Love Your Pics Lmao

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    But the video was still shot and edited on the phone. Adding audio tracks hardly warrants calling "shenanegans".

-n8
    Just curious, but do you consider a movie "shot and edited" without sound? I'm pretty sure every video editor from Windows Movie Maker to Avid syncs up the image to sound. I believe we've been in "the talkies" era for some time now.

This short required additional tracking and lighting equipment, another computer, and two additional programs to exist. Doesn't diminish the accomplishment. But let's not whitewash either.
    Mikah has already clearly stated his negativity towards movie editing on a cell phone. I of course completely disagree. Whether its an iPhone, android device, or whatever, the ability to through together some quick edits and email out a movie on the fly in simply incredible. I look forward to doing a lot of little movies on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Mikah has already clearly stated his negativity towards movie editing on a cell phone. I of course completely disagree. Whether its an iPhone, android device, or whatever, the ability to through together some quick edits and email out a movie on the fly in simply incredible. I look forward to doing a lot of little movies on my phone.
    Dude, get over it and yourself already. For the 56,000th time, editing a movie on a cell phone has no value TO ME. I'm not "negative towards" it. I don't care who else does it. I hope everyone who does - yourself included - gets as much value as they can out of iMovie. Not sure how many times or different ways I can say that.

It's not what this thread is about anyway. As I said and as the guy who made this clip has admitted, THIS WAS NOT ALL DONE ON THE PHONE. He has a full credits list of personnel under the video. He says in the comments:

ADR recorded on the iPhone in a closed car, then clips were extracted and added and mixed with the score track prior to syncing in iTunes and putting back onto the iPhone to be used in iMovie ... it took us a bit to figure it out, but it worked....yeah, audio is the tough part ... we couldn't figure out how to trim the audio clip at all ... we spent awhile doing it, then realized ... "well we ARE doing this on a phone." haha.
    Additionally, you can't upload the clip in HD from the phone. If you do, the clip automatically degrades. You have to sync it back out with iTunes, and then upload it there.

This takes nothing away from the director, who put a lot of skill and ingenuity on display. Kudos to him. But it does take away from him to act as if the iPhone 4 and iMovie for iPhone were responsible for what you're seeing.
    Dude, get over it and yourself already. For the 56,000th time, editing a movie on a cell phone has no value TO ME. I'm not "negative towards" it. I don't care who else does it. I hope everyone who does - yourself included - gets as much value as they can out of iMovie. Not sure how many times or different ways I can say that.

It's not what this thread is about anyway. As I said and as the guy who made this clip has admitted, THIS WAS NOT ALL DONE ON THE PHONE. He has a full credits list of personnel under the video. He says in the comments:

Additionally, you can't upload the clip in HD from the phone. If you do, the clip automatically degrades. You have to sync it back out with iTunes, and then upload it there.

This takes nothing away from the director, who put a lot of skill and ingenuity on display. Kudos to him. But it does take away from him to act as if the iPhone 4 and iMovie for iPhone were responsible for what you're seeing.
    you are one angry dude. You should go outside for a little. Your direct quote.......

Why would one want to edit video on a 3.5-inch screen? Aside from trimming a segment here or there from the beginning or end of the video, I've almost never used video editing on my Pre or wanted to. It's cell phone video.
    LOL @ the idea of anything on these forums angering me. Stay classy, Moby.

I admit it, Moby. I can't wait to start "making movies" on iPhone 4. All I need is another computer, iTunes, another audio editor, another sync so the final file will still be HD...sooooo much easier and convenient than shooting my son doing something and uploading it to YouTube instantly so all my family can see. I'm so jealous and angry. Oooooooo, you....bad man, you.
    ^^lulz I could see it now: "James Cameron ditches expensive equipment in favor of the iPhone 4....."
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    LOL @ the idea of anything on these forums angering me. Stay classy, Moby.

I admit it, Moby. I can't wait to start "making movies" on iPhone 4. All I need is another computer, iTunes, another audio editor, another sync so the final file will still be HD...sooooo much easier and convenient than shooting my son doing something and uploading it to YouTube instantly so all my family can see. I'm so jealous and angry. Oooooooo, you....bad man, you.
    I made a short little movie on my iPhone over the weekend. Took about 5 minutes to create and email out. Seemed convienent to me. Discussing this with you is pointless anyway. You would never admit any iPhone feature is useful.
    Hahaha....I get called a Palm hater by many others. I'm an iPhone hater to you. Means I must be doing something right.

By the way, what happened to you "giving me the last word" on this topic? That lasted, what, 12 hours?
    Hahaha....I get called a Palm hater by many others. I'm an iPhone hater to you. Means I must be doing something right.

By the way, what happened to you "giving me the last word" on this topic? That lasted, what, 12 hours?
    Fine, whatever, you win... Video editing on a phone is useless. Now back to the topic. For everybody but Mikah, I still think this movie is very cool. Even if there was some additional non iPhone editing. I hope Apple continues to update iMovie with more templates and transitions.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast