Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Saw this didnt see it posted here yet. if so sorry.

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g...-over-problems
    Yep. The good news though, is that the few issues that people complained about seems to have been resolved. The bricking thing is not so wide-spread but still BAD.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I liked some of the pro webOS comments
    Thankfully nothing bad has happen on mine with the update. Mine is stocked though, not very comfy with the whole root thing and besides, very happy with the Evo setup as is ^_^
    If you trying to do the update twice you can brick your evo. Not sure why some people are ding it twice. But atleast the update is a good one. a fix for the wifi issue ( i didnt have but some did) and network changes to increase battery life. While I get great battery life any increase is welcome.
    Doesn't HTC have a similar tool like WebOS doctor anyway?
    Well the Update is back and I can honestly say i dont know what they did but they fixed the battery issue. I just went throught the whole day when I usually am at or below 50% and I am still above 70%. ( got a feeling the network issue of constantly looking for a signal even with wifi on and fixing the wifi issue did it) .Still glad it did not brick my phone.
    glad I'm sticking withe the pre, everytime I turn around there are more serious problems with the summers evo and iphoney
    Are ya kidding. the Pre is the poster child for phone problems. I have a Pre ( also a Evo) and my Pre had every issue known to man. ( and from reading the forum so did most) And while I love palm atleast HTC stepped up and fixed every issue with the EVO so far. they fixed the glass issue. (replacments and fixed it in the next shipment) they did an update this week that fixed the wifi issue and extended battery life and yes bricked a few phones but they also took care of that today . replacing bricked phones. Honestly every update on my Pre made it worse. No Pre owner ( me included ) can ever say anything about phone issues with a straight face. Multitasking yes , phone issues , nope.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/30/2010 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Are ya kidding. the Pre is the poster child for phone problems. I have a Pre ( also a Evo) and my Pre had every issue known to man. ( and from reading the forum so did most) And while I love palm atleast HTC stepped up and fixed every issue with the EVO so far. they fixed the glass issue. (replacments and fixed it in the next shipment) they did an update this week that fixed the wifi issue and extended battery life and yes bricked a few phones but they also took care of that today . replacing bricked phones. Honestly every update on my Pre made it worse. No Pre owner ( me included ) can ever say anything about phone issues with a straight face. Multitasking yes , phone issues , nope.
    Well said.