Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm doing the same thing - (I know, I'm a horrible, horrible traitor) - and I used the "Export Contacts to V-Card and Email Them" Patche from Preware. It worked like a charm.
    it looks like the iphone is a much better fit for you.... You can't even figure out how to search for " how to export contacts from my palm pre". No wonder your are switching ;-)
    sorry... But you posting a thread on precentral asking how to set up your new iphone is.... Baffling?
    good luck on the darkside!
    that was not to flaming??? Was it?
    harbor freight is having a sale on torches and pitchforks;-)
    Last edited by clutch1222; 06/30/2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: add
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    it looks like the iphone is a much better fit for you.... You can't even figure out how to search for " how to export contacts from my palm pre". No wonder your are switching ;-)
    sorry... But you posting a thread on precentral asking how to set up your new iphone is.... Baffling?
    good luck on the darkside!
    that was not to flaming??? Was it?
    thankfullly for you there are some kind souls in these forums....
    Dark side?? There are probably over 100 various apps for the iPhone that are some variation of a flashlight or lighter to "light" his way . How many are available for the Palm Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Dark side?? There are probably over 100 various apps for the iPhone that are some variation of a flashlight or lighter to "light" his way . How many are available for the Palm Pre?
    lol ! starwars reference... There is no light bright enough for that darkness.
    Mr. Defender of the "darkside"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    get the preware patch that exports your contacts as a giant .csv file that you can e-mail to yourself.
    Does this patch still exist? Can't find it..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Hi, thanks I knew 1) procedure, it's just that with the patch it was a lot quicker and simpler that's why I asked if it was still around.

I'm not sure how 2) is gonna help.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Hi, thanks I knew 1) procedure, it's just that with the patch it was a lot quicker and simpler that's why I asked if it was still around.

I'm not sure how 2) is gonna help.
    I thought the info in 1 was included in 2, but it wasn't when I checked, so I found 1 and left 2 because it's always a good idea to backup!

Looking in Preware, the nearest thing I coud find seems to be this from gizmo21:
    [Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Looking in Preware, the nearest thing I coud find seems to be this from gizmo21:
    [Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export
    The patch I was referring to was "Send All Contacts Via Email", you just opened the contacts and selected "send all via email", job done. Out of curiosity what happens to those patches or app that one can't find anymore, I mean, is there an executable file somewhere that we can still use or are they completely dead and unusable, and untraceable?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12