Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    People love their Iphones... Regardless of the antenna issue, the Iphone launch was a huge success for Apple. I'm hoping when the release of Palm's new device,that amount might be doubled. Do you think Palm's launch day might be a huge success?
    Last edited by rush; 06/26/2010 at 07:37 AM.
    1 million right-handed phones. Sales will go even higher when the left-handed models start shipping!
    I'm waiting for all the "sheeple" comments now .. even though I'd say >75% of iPhone owners don't even own a Mac or know the first thing about Apple … just that they love their iPhone(s).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    1 million right-handed phones. Sales will go even higher when the left-handed models start shipping!
    LOL, I didn't know they were left handed. They make fun about palm pre/plus, so we can do the same.
    iSeriously feel sry for those people. It wasn't a real upgrade, but has day one faults.
    That's probably world wide sales after all it is a world phone and not a US only phone. I don't think, I'm pretty sure there is no way in hell Palm will sell anywhere near a quarter of that. Most people don't even know Palm exist and if they do, they have no interest in buying one. Especially with the failure yes, failure of the Pre and Pixi as smart phones with their quality issues and return/exchange rates.
    That was the most annoying OP I have ever read in my history of using forums. Why the colors dude?
    sheep.
    iphones not iphone
    and not it won't be double
    This doesn't include those that are "waiting" on the white version.. which doesn't sell until mid-July. It's a great time be a developer for the iPhone!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    This is NOT the iPhone! It took the Apple 4 years & 4 models to get that record! Palm has AMAZING potential, but they have to get on a BETTER course to show that webOS is better than iPhone, but it will take TIME.
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    This is NOT the iPhone! It took the Apple 4 years & 4 models to get that record! Palm has AMAZING potential, but they have to get on a BETTER course to show that webOS is better than iPhone, but it will take TIME.
    A company's potential is reflected in their stock price and we know how well that's gone for Palm. I think you mean to say that WebOS has great potential - now it's HP's turn to see if they can help it reach that potential.

And for what it's worth, Apple is only competing with itself with these new device sales figures. In each of the previous 3 iPhone releases, Apple has set/reset the bar for the rest of the industry to clear. So far nobody's done that.

And one last thing: @Rush: are you colorblind? What ever possessed you to think your OP in this thread was anything but obnoxious and unreadable?
    Iphone will sell if they put out a version that was worse then the previous. people love there Iphone. And HP would be lucky to sell 10% of what Iphone sales are. People dont even know or care about Palm/Hp or Webos. thats unfortunate but probally the way it is.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    That was the most annoying OP I have ever read in my history of using forums. Why the colors dude?
    Because it's my thread and not yours... do what you do DUDE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Because it's my thread and not yours... do what you do DUDE!
    Recommendation: avoid the tag "COLOR=cyan" in forums with a white background.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The last time Palm announced quarterly results they only had 400K sell-through. So, Palm probably would have a hard time selling a million in about six months.
    I believe Palm would do well if they change the slider formation.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The last time Palm announced quarterly results they only had 400K sell-through. So, Palm probably would have a hard time selling a million in about six months.
    True.

But its important to remember that it was never about that. Ideally you want to show increasing sales and make a profit.

It was Ruby's idea to "get to scale" asap one carrier launch after another with a mediocre product. That became a priority over such fundamentals as making a profit.

Also lost was building relationships with exclusive carriers. It's just idiotic to go 6 months on sprint and then tweak some of the build issues of the product, bump the RAM and then make that (Plus Pre) exclusive on Verizon leaving Sprint users behind.
    I think 200,000 on the first day would be a huge success for Palm/HP. If you try to compete with Apple you are already behind. You have to come up with a product the rest of us want, not a product to lure away iphone users. There are alot of us around that don't like the iphone for whatever reason, make a phone for us Palm.
    Actually I have been reading more closer to 1.5-1.6 million first day.

First day iPhone 4 sales estimate: 1.5 million | Circuit Breaker - CNET News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast