Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Weird thing about that tablet is they are marketing it to business users. Sounds expensive.
    Agreed. But when I hear Cisco, I almost always think business rather than consumer so I'm not really surprised.
    That's probably true. However, currently only 17% of AT&T customers have iPhones and the cheapest data plan is now only $15 so a doubling is not out of the question.
    nope. it's possible. But at the moment there is a reason why they have cheap plans and not smart phones. Lots of them don't need or want one. That's the same on all carriers and in relation to all smart phones. I wonder what percentage of Sprint customers have a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    nope. it's possible. But at the moment there is a reason why they have cheap plans and not smart phones. Lots of them don't need or want one. That's the same on all carriers and in relation to all smart phones. I wonder what percentage of Sprint customers have a Pre.
    AT&T do sell other smart phones including the Pre. There may be some Centro users whose upgrade is now available. There are definitely some Windows Mobile users out there and plenty of Blackberries.

Also data now starts at $15 a month.
    Considering the amount of iPhone users there are already, they should sell more than a million. So to me, these numbers aren't that impressive.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Considering the amount of iPhone users there are already, they should sell more than a million. So to me, these numbers aren't that impressive.
    They sold 1.7 mil in the first three days. They could have sold twice that if they had more stock. Also, there is a limit to the number of people they can push through the line in a day.
    I am not sure about that. My wife and I are both on AT&T and neither of us have iPhones. The iPhone 4 seems so much better than the alternatives on AT&T (particularly the screen and speed), that I am reconsidering my position. It helps that I now have an iPad which I have been very impressed with.
    I agree.. I think either you go small and portable with power (ie iphone 4, Pre) or big screen, low weight, and lots of battery power (iPad). I think Apple made a good decision this way. You want movies and portable entertainment and comfortable web browsing.. then iPad is a good choice due to it's beautiful large 10" screen and good battery life. You want phone, productivity, and some entertainment, then the smaller screen is just fine. Once you go inbetween like a 5" then you have still too small for movies and web browsing, and too big for carrying it around with you in your pocket 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Hey, look on the bright side. At least the Pre can be said to have killed something. In fact, the phone it "killed" was produced by one of the "giants" in the industry, and the phone was released this year. If you can't find a way to spin that to be good news for the Pre, then you're not trying.
    Looks like the Pre really has killed the Kin

Microsoft Kin is dead -- Engadget
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234