1.    #1  
    This would bug the hell outta me....

Sprint: EVO 4G users getting Android 2.2 'in the near future' (Update: No upgrade for Moment, Hero) -- Engadget

HTC EVO will be updated to Android 2.2; Samsung Moment & HTC Hero will not. Future devices launching w/ 2.1 will be also be updated to 2.2.
    Tweeted from sprint.

"Ah-ha-ha. Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? Good night"
    - Johnny Rotten

I really hope palm and Webos never find themselves in a position where they can release a phone and less than a year later not be able to update it. Almost sounds like bad planning somewhere. A disconnect between HTC and Google?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Least the EVO owners know what to expect in the near future when the next HTC model is released.
  3.    #3  
    yeah, that's what bugs me. If Google keeps up the breakneck development of Android, whats to say this is not the norm? Samsung is having problems updating stuff to....

It's likely because those are considered older devices, spec wise. There's always root. Sprint could reconsider if enough complain though. I understand 2.2 should be able to run on even old hardware.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's likely because those are considered older devices. There's always root. Sprint could reconsider if enough complain though.
    Yeah, I know its possible for the techies, but considered an older device? We are talking less than a year from release. I guess since its sprint and most owners get an upgrade 12 months in, its not that big of a deal... that is unless you don't have the $$$ to buy a new smartphone every year....

was there even such a thing as an over the air update 2 years ago ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The way they keep releasing phones these days, yes old hardware. Something new comes out and sets a standard.

One instance. Droid is old, now it's Droid X. Droid isn't even that old either, age wise.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    yeah everyone is trying to one up everyone else so there will be no reason to update unless all device are using the same os on all devices . And that's where palm will one up everyone else !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    The way they keep releasing phones these days, yes old hardware. Something new comes out and sets a standard.

One instance. Droid is old, now it's Droid X. Droid isn't even that old either, age wise.
    Good point. But it would leave a sour taste in my mouth personally..... Having something outdated so quickly, may make google look like they are way ahead of the game, but it would make me feel slighted or cheated. I am very interested to see what happens with the next palm device. I think its safe to say webos 2.0 will run on the pre, but we just have no idea at this point..

web os should work on every webos devise I would think .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Good point. But it would leave a sour taste in my mouth personally..... Having something outdated so quickly, may make google look like they are way ahead of the game, but it would make me feel slighted or cheated. I am very interested to see what happens with the next palm device. I think its safe to say webos 2.0 will run on the pre, but we just have no idea at this point..
    Verizon will give the Droid 2.2, so they aren't doing the same thing Sprint is. This may also be a carrier decision.

12.    #12  
    Verizon will give the Droid 2.2, so they aren't doing the same thing Sprint is. This may also be a carrier decision.
    True, and a quick view of Android Centrals Forums seem to show most people knew this would probably happen. Thank goodness for the rom community though!!!!

I wonder what sprint was thinking...

Trying to get Android users on Evo perhaps?

14.    #14  
    Trying to get Android users on Evo perhaps?
    eh, I don't see it. Those customers are soon eligible for an upgrade anyways, if they are going to upgrade, they would already be doing so.... maybe with the additional charge for the evo, that's their incentive....... IDK, I guess that could be it... But it seems unlikely to me.... I wonder if its just too busy with other updates, including the evo to froyo and their line up for the rest of the year?