Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Doing it RIGHT is the only way we know how.
    iphone 4-taking one handed operation to the next level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    AT&T deserves some of this.

"AT&T's 3G network is so weak that the iPhone had to be redesigned to accomodate the network."

I believe they did state that the antenna around the phone was to help reception. And I'm betting that was a nod to AT&T first and foremost, due to all the complaints.
    I think the iPhone had to be redesigned because it didn't work well as a phone. It had similar problems on other networks and other phones on AT&T worked much better.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I think the iPhone had to be redesigned because it didn't work well as a phone. It had similar problems on other networks and other phones on AT&T worked much better.
    Cool, now turn it into something funny. Maybe with Journey playing in the background: "any way you want it, that's the way you need it..."
  5.    #45  
    Here is a great one on a Nokia site with step by step instructions for how to hold your phone featuring step-by-step instructions on a variety of grips such as “the cup,” “the balance” and “the four edge grip.”

Very funny:

How do you hold your Nokia? | Nokia Conversations - The official Nokia Blog

It ends with this great bit of dry humor:

The key function on any Nokia device is its ability to make phone calls. After all, that’s why we know them universally as mobile phones (or smart phones, feature phones or mobile computers – though the same grip styles work for those, too). One of the main things we’ve found about the 1 billion plus Nokia devices that are in use today is that when making a phone call, people generally tend to hold their phone like a…. well, like a phone. Providing a wide range of methods and grips for people to hold their phones, without interfering with the antennae, has been an essential feature of every device Nokia has built.

Of course, feel free to ignore all of the above because realistically, you’re free to hold your Nokia device any way you like. And you won’t suffer any signal loss. Cool, huh?
    Last edited by Workerb33; 06/28/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Want removable batteries.... there's a back for that
    And it still may not work well as a phone, if that's the case.

But I do think it may have been a response to AT&T's poor reception complaints. Just yesterday I lost complete 3G service(actually there was no signal at all) on and off, for about an hour or so(on the 3G version though). And Apple seems to accommodate AT&T so much more than any other carrier(angering overseas buyers), even after they've been thrown under the bus by AT&T a few times.

They designed the phone to get better reception and ended up with less reception in some cases. That could easily be exploited(such as by Nokia).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    And it still may not work well as a phone, if that's the case.

But I do think it may have been a response to AT&T's poor reception complaints. Just yesterday I lost complete 3G service(actually there was no signal at all) on and off, for about an hour or so(on the 3G version though). And Apple seems to accommodate AT&T so much more than any other carrier(angering overseas buyers), even after they've been thrown under the bus by AT&T a few times.

They designed the phone to get better reception and ended up with less reception in some cases. That could easily be exploited(such as by Nokia).
    AT&T uses the same wireless technology as all those overseas networks so anything they do for AT&T will also help foreign buyers. Reception problems are often the fault of the phone. My old Verizon phones didn't work as well as my Blackberry on AT&T. My old Centro on AT&T had awful reception compared to my Blackberry.

I think the reception problems are overblown anyway. Most people are going to put some kind of case on their phone, most people are right handed and most people probably don't have sweaty palms.
    Apple iPhone 4: On One Hand, Its The Latest In iPhone Technology. But Literally In Your Left Hand, It Becomes An iPod Touch.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    The iPhone 4 your right hand phone because in your left it's an ipod touch with a mic

iPhone 4 if you're not right handed then F@!K you
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post

iPhone 4 if you're not right handed then F@!K you

With Ricky Bobby On The Commercial, LoL

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    With Ricky Bobby On The Commercial, LoL
    That was my inspiration lol
    AT&T uses the same wireless technology as all those overseas networks so anything they do for AT&T will also help foreign buyers. Reception problems are often the fault of the phone. My old Verizon phones didn't work as well as my Blackberry on AT&T. My old Centro on AT&T had awful reception compared to my Blackberry.

I think the reception problems are overblown anyway. Most people are going to put some kind of case on their phone, most people are right handed and most people probably don't have sweaty palms.

So what if most people are right handed? And why should you have to get a case for a phone to work?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    So what if most people are right handed? And why should you have to get a case for a phone to work?
    You don't have to buy it which solves the issue of having to buy a case. Bottom lime is that the phone is not for everyone. Never will be. Few phones, if any, are.
    I meant the phone should just work, no case needed. I like cases, but for personalization, not for the phone to work. That's just ridiculous, no matter how you look at it.

The phone does work without a case; just not the way you'd want it to.
  17.    #57  
    OK, so let's turn those thoughts into commercials or tag lines!
    Phones:
    In case you wanted a phone without a case.

For tablets:
    (Apple salesperson holding out iPad) Just what we wanted.

(Palm salesperson holding out WebOS tablet) Just what you wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    For tablets:
    (Apple salesperson holding out iPad) Just what we wanted.

(Palm salesperson holding out WebOS tablet) Just what you wanted.
    Wait: it could be Jobs and Ruby:

Jobs: Just what I wanted.

Ruby: Just what you wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    The phone does work without a case; just not the way you'd want it to.
    I don't think it's just not the way she wants it to. It's not the way anyone meant it to. No one, not Apple, not AT & T and not customers intended the phone to have a handicap that made it drop calls based on which hand you used. I'm sure it'll be fixed, but no-one can say that the problem is that the customers expect the phone to not drop calls.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast