Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Check out the videos in this link. It also affects the Droid Incredible and Nexus 1.
    MacDailyNews - MarketWatch's Poletti: Apple can no longer afford clumsy product launches
    Quote Originally Posted by darktanone View Post
    The same problem also occurs on some Nokia phones, the Droid Incredible and the Nexus 1. Check out the videos of all three exhibiting the problem when held. Apple isn't alone in this.
    MacDailyNews - MarketWatch's Poletti: Apple can no longer afford clumsy product launches
    I feel like people aren't getting it....

Nexus one reception issues were all over tech blogs...but also, the phone is a "rare" phone to find out in public. The Droid Incredible he had to hold the top half of the phone to make the signal drop. Are people going to hold the phone that way in actual use? No.

For the iPhone 4..its right where left handed phone holders would hold their phone to make calls. More specifically, its literally in one spot that causes the issue. A finger can make it happen.

At least on these other phones you have to aggressively wrap your hands around it to effect it.

Its not an excuse for anyone and it shouldn't be "find".....stopping giving companies excuses. Its poor design to have a phone lose signal in a normal phone holding position. Hell, we've all seen the pic of how many times Apple themselves demoed the phone with it in the position that would make it looses service in all their promo videos.
    OTOH the problem has an easy work around and in other respects the call quality appears much better than the 3GS. That and the other improvements may make this issue unimportant.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    OTOH the problem has an easy work around and in other respects the call quality appears much better than the 3GS. That and the other improvements may make this issue unimportant.
    You mean buying a $29 case? That's like a Dr. infecting you with a disease and selling you the cure.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by darktanone View Post
    The same problem also occurs on some Nokia phones, the Droid Incredible and the Nexus 1. Check out the videos of all three exhibiting the problem when held. Apple isn't alone in this.
    No.. but they're the biggest joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    You mean buying a $29 case? That's like a Dr. infecting you with a disease and selling you the cure.
    Who said you had to buy it from Apple.
    Who said you had to buy it from Apple.
    You still shouldn't need to have to band-aid a major hardware design flaw... I don't get how people can be completely ok with this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You still shouldn't need to have to band-aid a major hardware design flaw... I don't get how people can be completely ok with this...
    I just don't understand how Apple didn't notice this in any testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Well, they seem pretty quick to blame their customers for "holding it the wrong way". Maybe they did notice this issue but released the phone anyway?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    It's their secrecy biting them in the ****. I'm sure it worked fine in the labs but once anyone took it out in public for testing then it had to be concealed in a fake 3G case. And that means no flesh to antenna contact testing until it reached users hands.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    People who aren't okay have an easy option. Return it. The problem was found so early that anyone can simply get a refund and wait for the next gen or get another device.

But the problem with that solution is that the loudest people complaining about this don't even own one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    It's their secrecy biting them in the ****. I'm sure it worked fine in the labs but once anyone took it out in public for testing then it had to be concealed in a fake 3G case. And that means no flesh to antenna contact testing until it reached users hands.
    that is the best reason I have heard for how it got missed.... But then I don't remember a case on the iphone found at that bar. Anyone know if it had a case?..
    sounds very plausible... Sincerly
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    People who aren't okay have an easy option. Return it. The problem was found so early that anyone can simply get a refund and wait for the next gen or get another device.

But the problem with that solution is that the loudest people complaining about this don't even own one.
    ohh yeah ... That is probably payback for all of the years of hearing how iphone is the best.... From so many users who don't even know the diff between sd mem card and ddr2 memory
    You shouldn't have to bandaid software flaws either but web os users frequently do.
    You shouldn't have to bandaid software flaws either but web os users frequently do.
    Patches are for adding features or customization... Not fixing something (there may be a couple, but I can't think of them).

Examples?
    Patches are for adding features or customization... Not fixing something (there may be a couple, but I can't think of them).

Examples?
    Timestamps on SMS messages.
    Timestamps on SMS messages.
    I'd consider that more of an added feature... It should have come stock with the phone though.

But still, patches aren't meant to "fix flawed software". Do you consider jailbreaking an iphone "fixing flawed software"?
    PC Mag podcast, 12m 12sec into the show, one of the remaining Palm Pre users hosting the show claimed that the Pre has a death grip just like all the rest. Some of you may not have noticed it because IT'S NOT A REAL ISSUE!

Glass houses.
    While that's true, software patches to fix or add features have become the norm with just about every manufacturer. I can easily forgive developers for mistakes or not adding a feature as those can usually be remedied easily. However hardware flaws that should be fairly obvious (given how quickly this came to light), especially from a company and ceo that continually pride themselves in their attention to detail and quality of the their products, is harder to give a pass.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    PC Mag podcast, 12m 12sec into the show, one of the remaining Palm Pre users hosting the show claimed that the Pre has a death grip just like all the rest. Some of you may not have noticed it because IT'S NOT A REAL ISSUE!

Glass houses.
    Are you being serious? It's nice that you have so much faith in Apple that you want to ignore anything wrong with the new iphone...

You even used PC Mag as a reference...
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast