Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    both phones suck and I got a pre and evo . There will never be a perfect phone sorry . The iphone thing will get fixed and most ppl don't care about that anyway. Yall go back and forth about which phone is better and neither one of the phones put any money in your pocket .. Who cares it's a phone you make no profit from fighting which one is better it's saturday get of the pc and go outside ... Sunlight , fresh air...
    Made me wonder...

What generation Android hardware are we on with Nexus, Droid, DroidX, incredible, EVO? what generation would you say we are on with Android software... they had so many 1.x and 2 but are we technically in second gen?

I really don't know because... why? I never hear Android forums crying about what gen hardware or software they are in compared to others... just where they were, where they are and where they are heading and making no excuses.

I'm pretty sure (hope) HP is not using 1st gen or 2nd gen as an excuse... otherwise with a mindset like that, they'll never catch up.

I hope HP's NEXT phone will be awesome... but being a 2nd gen will be NO EXCUSE

Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    way to not reae my second post... Or just want to bash so bad you didn't want acknowledge it.
    keep bashing palm ist gen webos phone... Time is running out .. So get it all out....
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    if you wanted your comments to be taken as a whole, then you should have edited your post and combined your post into one thread. I think you are bright enough to know what you were doing with two threads... gotta get that anger out in the first eh? and then more diplomatic in the second

Wow, so much anger... you hate a person for creating a phone and doing his way and spending the billions he spent (and you have to remember that he had to EARN those billions to spend it) and blame people love for another phone for palms past failures? lol.

gosh you gonna keep using '1st gen' as an excuse? cant wait to read your 'its a second gen comapared to a 4th gen' posts. lol.

i like the webos... think it can be great... last year could have been great. it's not the product i had a problem with... it's palms failures to make it what it should have and not being honest of where it really was that was the problem. and i have no problem in trying to have voice my opinions so that it can make it better. just like apple ******* bringing up the signal issue and screen discoloring issue to make the issues known and better. If only palm had addressed the concerns than to ignore or pretend not there.

Hopefully the second gen will be as awesome as all the competitors out there... android is really rocking and have no problem giving them credit when credit is due but should be critical when deserved.

take is easy dude... just a forum... enjoy
    exactly ... One post was a harsh response... So I regrouped and posted a diplomatic post.... Getting there baby steps.. But what's intersting and what I pointed out is you chose the 1st post.... No surprise.
    I find it interesting that, in your opinion_ palm chose not to respond. Thet did respond with many software upsdates to resolve issues, just as apple is doing to try and resolve this one. Palm is the smallest of all the major snartphone manufacturers... Did it ever occur to you that they were doing all that they could with the $$$ avail? Apple, google, rim all have much deeper $$$. Is that palms fault for past performance... Yes. But a new ceo came on board, launched an amazing os on a plastic phone... And hp buys them for over a billion dollars. I will be more critical of $palm quality... But I am very satisfeid with palms efforts the past year and the last thing I felt was them turning their backs... They welcomed homebrew and acknowledged their contributions.. Several times. I see the whole effort completely diferntly than those who felt let down... Again... By palm. Anyone else feel like palm ignored them and didn't care? How about any that appreciated the updates and their openness to homebrew community?
    btw... I'm watching the world cup usa game on my fone.... And swithing back to this forum , posting, and switching back to the game.... LIVE. Man I love my pre on sprint!!! Less expensive and more perks... Bang for buck ... I love it
    I'm sure it's a feature, not a problem.
    By using this extraordinary design Apple made sure you don't really need to multitask.
    As long as you are using the device for something important (or anything else) it magically garantees that no disturbing, incoming phonecall will interrupt your workflow!
    Isn't this wonderful!
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Made me wonder...

What generation Android hardware are we on with Nexus, Droid, DroidX, incredible, EVO? what generation would you say we are on with Android software... they had so many 1.x and 2 but are we technically in second gen?

I really don't know because... why? I never hear Android forums crying about what gen hardware or software they are in compared to others... just where they were, where they are and where they are heading and making no excuses.

I'm pretty sure (hope) HP is not using 1st gen or 2nd gen as an excuse... otherwise with a mindset like that, they'll never catch up.

I hope HP's NEXT phone will be awesome... but being a 2nd gen will be NO EXCUSE
    well... Your putiing up a fight. I can tell by what you chose to coment on... You don't have much left. So let me clear up the difference and the reason for that excuse.
    look at google's cash reserves and compare them to palms... It's a lot easier for you to make that argument , isn't it. Palm didn't have the $$$ to execute hardware/ software / marketing and phone support that apple does. Palm did not have the scale or the $$$ that google has to pay manufaturers to pit webos on their phones... So if they just licensed webos.. They would have been crushed by google. That is all going to change now that HP owns palm. There lack of $$$ was their own past performance faults.... Prior to newr ceo and webos vision. So what did they do? The best they could with what they had for resources. Am I proud of that yes. Do I appreciate their efforts to get webos out to consumers yes.. Am I optimistic of HP's intentions for webos ? Yes.
    keep beating that drum.
    Let me ask you this... And I am very interested in your response. Which os d you think is better now... And which os do you think has more potential with upcoming releases... WEBOS or Android?
    inquring minds want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    I was not just talking to you but if you feel the need to be a BIG BOY thumbs up to you ... I hate everything about soccer who cares watch it on that tiny pre .. You only got 15 mins anyway with that sorry BATT life .. And if I did want to watch it ( not) it would be on my evo FAIL
    the point is we have options...a certain os that is being debated on this thread does not.. Genius.. Enjoy that evo.... It's about to get dated... Ohh wait, it already is... Droid x.
    more power ti you
    way to put down soccer!!! I'm not a big fan.. I went to germany in 2006 for world cuo.. To party and travel. Prague, amsterdam.. All over germany.. Great times and met some beautiful people. I am a big fan of the U.S.A and am routing for them in the WORLD CUP.
    I was not just talking to you but if you feel the need to be a BIG BOY thumbs up to you ... I hate everything about soccer who cares watch it on that tiny pre .. You only got 15 mins anyway with that sorry BATT life .. And if I did want to watch it ( not) it would be on my evo FAIL
    the sad thing about your follow up osts.. Is I was agreeing with you. It is sat and unfortunately and am not free until after 2pm to go outside.
    it's 2010... They have electricity in buildings here in san diego... And also I have an extra.. Fully charged battery.
    what is your problem... Android remorse blues;-) you only had two weeks two show off your new phone before a better android phone bested it. I'm sorry.. Not trying to start more crap here. It's just you weny from posting something that made sense( enjoy your saturday) to being a complete jerk over nothing. How about this... Take your own advice... Go outside and enjoy your saturday...then get amnesia ;-)
    is it 2pm pst yet ?
    This thread has gone way off topic. I'm going to delete the off-topic posts.

Let's try to stay on topic and please be nice or, at least, don't be rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    This thread has gone way off topic. I'm going to delete the off-topic posts.

Let's try to stay on topic and please be nice or, at least, don't be rude.
    fair enough! Thanks
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    well, i really didnt wanna comment on the last two of your posts cause honestly if you are gonna use excuses like money and 1st gen all the time then you have your opinions and i have mine and we can agree to disagree.

palm may have had a disadvantage of money and it may be the first gen phone with rubi as a ceo... but palm WAS no small company at one time and this is a first gen pre but in no way is this palms first phone. they're not virgins in this space. apple were virgins to phones 3-4 years ago too ya know.

webos vs google... love webos ui and of course they can multitask but...

between the two, google has the total package right now over webos. they got their os and ui...sometimes with the help of other front ends like senseui... going pretty well. and they push the limit in competition with new features and they have the support of hw companies like motorola and htc coming out with sick hardware and their app store is way up there over webos. they are on a serious momentum swing and if anyone needs to be worried, its RIM from the combination of Android and iphone taking share.

If I had to leave the iphone and go with another platform now, Android is the only option where I know I can get the phone by picking out the hardware platform i feel best for myself whether evo, droid, incredible and I know I have a solid OS that runs very well and doubt i will miss any feature my iphone has. the only negative is it doesnt have all the apps i am use to now even though i can probably find the alternative or will be available soon. For me it's not the hardware or the OS... for me between iphone and android... it's the apps.

Before iPhone, Blackberry bold was my other choice at the time (before pre I believe)... the landscape has changed dramatically since and they are no longer a consideration for me even though they are a huge company.

the palm... seriously no way i can handle the hardware quality of the pre, the OS is still seriously lacking... come on, mic api!!! the simplest thing like shazam or very important right this minute is that everyday i voice skype my daughter while she is in China every morning on the road before she goes to sleep at night.

next phone I look for palm... and i hope you dont think i am asking too much... is that the hardware is IMMEDIATELY and at the very least up to competition specs. The OS has to have all the basic features that the rest have now. It really should be 2.0 when the next phone comes out. If it doesnt have front face then ok and maybe let it slide without voice dial... but i hope you know what i am getting at. It really needs to get the app store growing too... convince, steal, pay (like Microsoft) all the iphone developers you can to create their apps for HP... cross platform will be VERY key in my opinion.

to add a quick comment to your other post... of course they embraced homebrew... these guys were filling in the holes palm had and if they didnt embrace them, the people would be left with a phone that really did less. even though i feel that embracing them and basically relying them to help give time was also a crutch because they didnt take care of things themselves.

just my opinion.

well... Your putiing up a fight. I can tell by what you chose to coment on... You don't have much left. So let me clear up the difference and the reason for that excuse.
    look at google's cash reserves and compare them to palms... It's a lot easier for you to make that argument , isn't it. Palm didn't have the $$$ to execute hardware/ software / marketing and phone support that apple does. Palm did not have the scale or the $$$ that google has to pay manufaturers to pit webos on their phones... So if they just licensed webos.. They would have been crushed by google. That is all going to change now that HP owns palm. There lack of $$$ was their own past performance faults.... Prior to newr ceo and webos vision. So what did they do? The best they could with what they had for resources. Am I proud of that yes. Do I appreciate their efforts to get webos out to consumers yes.. Am I optimistic of HP's intentions for webos ? Yes.
    keep beating that drum.
    Let me ask you this... And I am very interested in your response. Which os d you think is better now... And which os do you think has more potential with upcoming releases... WEBOS or Android?
    inquring minds want to know.
    Last edited by donm527; 06/26/2010 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hmm... So Steve doesn't want left-handed people to be able to call for help in case of an emergency?
    well they do try to control everything.....
    I have no idea what you are talking about you lost me . I'm east coast but you got another hour.

the sad thing about your follow up osts.. Is I was agreeing with you. It is sat and unfortunately and am not free until after 2pm to go outside.
    it's 2010... They have electricity in buildings here in san diego... And also I have an extra.. Fully charged battery.
    what is your problem... Android remorse blues;-) you only had two weeks two show off your new phone before a better android phone bested it. I'm sorry.. Not trying to start more crap here. It's just you weny from posting something that made sense( enjoy your saturday) to being a complete jerk over nothing. How about this... Take your own advice... Go outside and enjoy your saturday...then get amnesia ;-)
    is it 2pm pst yet ?
    I'm talkin about a phone you telln me about your travels means nothing to me or this thread..

the point is we have options...a certain os that is being debated on this thread does not.. Genius.. Enjoy that evo.... It's about to get dated... Ohh wait, it already is... Droid x.
    more power ti you
    way to put down soccer!!! I'm not a big fan.. I went to germany in 2006 for world cuo.. To party and travel. Prague, amsterdam.. All over germany.. Great times and met some beautiful people. I am a big fan of the U.S.A and am routing for them in the WORLD CUP.
    I have no idea what you are talking about you lost me . I'm east coast but you got another hour.
    I'm talkin about a phone you telln me about your travels means nothing to me or this thread..
    I'm a righty anyways so I must belong in that camp

But... am I an odd-ball righty?

Because I don't know about the rest of you but being right handed, I actually HOLD the phone with my LEFT so that I can do the dialing and continue to talk with it on the left and i do my tap-browsing and all that with my right. I use a pen with my right hand so makes sense to tap-tap-tap with my right and hold my phone with the left.

Or does everyone dial with their right THEN SWITCH to their left to talk... something like cutting your food with your right hand then swapping with your fork to the right to pick up and eat in which case i am probably an odd-ball because i cut with my right and use the fork with my left (switching just slows me down when getting into a juicy steak).

hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    well they do try to control everything.....
    Not that this was ever more than a chance to poke a stick in the ribs of a giant, but for those who do care about the issue...

AppleInsider | Nokia pokes at iPhone 4 death grip, gets called on it (u)

As I said from the beginning, this is nothing more than a case of Mr. tempest, meet Mr. teapot. The only reason we haven't heard of this issue with other phones is that no one cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Not that this was ever more than a chance to poke a stick in the ribs of a giant, but for those who do care about the issue...

AppleInsider | Nokia pokes at iPhone 4 death grip, gets called on it (u)

As I said from the beginning, this is nothing more than a case of Mr. tempest, meet Mr. teapot. The only reason we haven't heard of this issue with other phones is that no one cares.
    No i think the reason is because with the iPhone area, its more of a natural holding position for some.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast